Fail!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Post Reply
Ghast
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Ghast » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Blustery Grasslands
A ways off to the west you can just barely make out a small brook cutting a
meandering path through the savanna. Trying to protect yourself from the
grass blades whipping your face and skin is taxing and not very effective.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Tar Valon Road South of Tar Valon
*Rayven* is standing here, riding a battle-trained gray destrier.
A black snake is here, lying on a rock.

* S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

* S HP:Hurt MV:Winded >
[ba h.light]
You silently approach your victim...


-=
+*
*+
=-
-
=+
*
Ooops. Your clumsy execution broadcasts your intentions.

* S HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Rayven: Healthy >

*Rayven* panics, and attempts to flee!
Fong narrates 'i have rings on all my toes now Meren!'

* S HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Rayven: Healthy >
*Rayven* leaves south riding a battle-trained gray destrier.

w
o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded >

*Rayven* has arrived from the south, riding a battle-trained gray destrier.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Winded >

*Rayven* struggles to barrel down on you, a red and gold tasseled spear aimed at your chest.

* S HP:Scratched MV:Winded >
Suddenly *someone* charges you with a red and gold tasseled spear!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.



Down stab brick lag!

malf
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:13 am

Re: Fail!

Post by malf » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:08 pm

[where ]
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Erevos - The Food and Supplies Tent
You catch a faint scent of a horse nearby. 1 human

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
41
[cha mood berserk]
Mood changed to: Berserk
Wimpy reset to: 0 hit points.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
*Everesta* has arrived from the south.
You try to strike *Everesta*, but she deflects the blow.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Wounded >
bash
You do the best you can!

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Wounded >
*Everesta* panics, and attempts to flee!


-=
*Everesta* leaves south. vv

+
*
*+
=-
-
*Everesta* has arrived from the south.

=
Your bash at *Everesta* sends her sprawling!

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Wounded >
You strike *Everesta*'s body into bloody fragments!
A deranged trolloc warrior joins your fight!
A deranged trolloc warrior joins a deranged trolloc warrior's fight!
A deranged trolloc warrior joins a deranged trolloc warrior's fight!
A deranged trolloc warrior joins a deranged trolloc warrior's fight!
Blodfest joins your fight!

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Wounded >

*Everesta* panics, and attempts to flee!
You strike *Everesta*'s right arm into bloody fragments!

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Critical >

*Everesta* leaves east. >>
*Everesta* has arrived from the east.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >

*Everesta* leaves south. vv

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
k light
k light
They aren't here.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
s
k light
They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > Blodfest leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > At a Roasting Pit
A pit has been dug into the ground and lined with soot-blackened rocks. An
iron crosswork is suspended above the pit, and a spit lies nearby in
readiness to roast whatever meat becomes handy. There is a dirty tent to
the north that looks large enough to hold dozens of creatures at a time.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a MYRDDRAAL leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a HUMAN leaving north. ^^
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
Blodfest, the camp commander, stands here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > They aren't here.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
Tic in 7 seconds!
Blodfest leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves south. vv
They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
s
k light
The Main Path Through Camp
A wide path runs east to west through the camp, creating a byway just short
of being a true road. The forest is to the west, and the center of the camp
is to the east.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
Blodfest, the camp commander, stands here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > They aren't here.

e
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
Blodfest leaves west. <<
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves west. <<
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves west. <<
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves west. <<
A deranged trolloc warrior leaves west. <<

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
The Main Path Through Camp
A wide path runs east to west through the camp, creating a byway just short
of being a true road. The forest is to the west, and the center of the camp
is to the east.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving east.
A Gho'hlem trolloc flexes clawed hands, ready to kill.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
e
The Center Courtyard
Flat stones have been laid to make a central courtyard in the middle of the
camp. A sturdy pole has been erected in the exact center of the stones upon
which a rotting body has been spiked with rough iron nails. A sturdy iron
grate has been placed in the ground, its hatches surprisingly well kept.
[ obvious exits: N E S W D ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door down: grate
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
A black flame dances here in midair.

w
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
w
w
The Main Path Through Camp
A wide path runs east to west through the camp, creating a byway just short
of being a true road. The forest is to the west, and the center of the camp
is to the east.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving east.
A Gho'hlem trolloc flexes clawed hands, ready to kill.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > The Main Path Through Camp
A wide path runs east to west through the camp, creating a byway just short
of being a true road. The forest is to the west, and the center of the camp
is to the east.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
Your heartbeat calms down more as you feel less panicked.
Tic length updated to: 61.353 seconds.
The Western Fence
A checkpoint has been erected between the forest and the inner camp, a
makeshift fence blocking the way. The main encampment stretches to the
east, a line of dirty tents and undercured hides.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door south: tentflap
Door west: westfence
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of an animal leaving east.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving east.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
Blodfest, the camp commander, stands here.

w
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
k light
On a Wide Path
A wide path has been cut through the forest, leaving sap-oozing stumps
behind. A makeshift encampment to the east carries the sound of metal on
metal, and a fetid odor wafts through the air.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door east: westfence
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
k light
They aren't here.

e
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring > They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring > They aren't here.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring > The Western Fence
A checkpoint has been erected between the forest and the inner camp, a
makeshift fence blocking the way. The main encampment stretches to the
east, a line of dirty tents and undercured hides.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door south: tentflap
Door west: westfence
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of an animal leaving east.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
A deranged trolloc warrior howls with rage.
Blodfest, the camp commander, stands here.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
They aren't here.

k light
* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring > They aren't here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
0
[where ]
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Erevos - The Western Fence

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
w
w
On a Wide Path
A wide path has been cut through the forest, leaving sap-oozing stumps
behind. A makeshift encampment to the east carries the sound of metal on
metal, and a fetid odor wafts through the air.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door east: westfence
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring > A Forest Trail
Trees tower overhead blotting out most light from the forest trail, putting
everything into a perpetual twilight. Shadows reach from the trees to cast
startling shapes across the ground. The trail continues north to south, and
a wider path breaks off to the east.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door west: bushes
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving south.
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A young and strong buck is here, munching some grass.
*Everesta* is standing here.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring >
k light
bash
You try to strike *Everesta*, but she parries successfully.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Tiring - Everesta: Critical >
-
=+*
*Everesta* panics, and attempts to flee!

*
*Everesta* leaves north. ^^

+
=-
n
k light

*Everesta* has arrived from the north.

bash
-
Cancelled.
A Forest Trail
The trees and underbrush stand so closely together as to block out almost
all light, with only this narrow trail showing a way from north to south.
To the east is an encampment, its outer fringes visible. The forest to the
west of the trail is dark and forbidding, passage not allowed.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door west: bushes
There are some bloody traces of a HUMAN leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
A crippled bear is here, drooling rabidly.

o S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > They aren't here.

s
o S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > *Everesta* has arrived from the south.
Bash who?

k light
bash
* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
A Forest Trail
Trees tower overhead blotting out most light from the forest trail, putting
everything into a perpetual twilight. Shadows reach from the trees to cast
startling shapes across the ground. The trail continues north to south, and
a wider path breaks off to the east.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door west: bushes
There are some bloody traces of a HUMAN leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of a HUMAN leaving north. ^^
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving north. ^^
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving east. >>
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving west. <<
The corpse of a rat is lying here.
A young and strong buck is here, munching some grass.

o S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > They aren't here.

o S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > Bash who?

o S HP:Beaten MV:Winded >
n
k light
bash
A Forest Trail
The trees and underbrush stand so closely together as to block out almost
all light, with only this narrow trail showing a way from north to south.
To the east is an encampment, its outer fringes visible. The forest to the
west of the trail is dark and forbidding, passage not allowed.
[ obvious exits: N S ]
Zone: Movable Trolloc Camp
Door west: bushes
There are some bloody traces of a HUMAN leaving south. vv
There are some bloody traces of a TROLLOC leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a RIDDEN MOUNT leaving south. vv
There are some tracks of a humanoid leaving south.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving south.
*Everesta* is standing here.
A crippled bear is here, drooling rabidly.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded > You try to strike *Everesta*, but she parries successfully.

* S HP:Beaten MV:Winded - Everesta: Critical > The rabid bear tries to hit you,
but you parry successfully.


-=
+
The rabid bear tries to hit you, but you deflect the blow.

*
*+
=
- -
=
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

Your body is pierced by razor sharp ice spikes sent by *Everesta*!
As *Everesta* avoids your bash, you topple over and fall to the ground!standing...
st
*Everesta* panics, and attempts to flee!

* S HP:Critical MV:Winded - Everesta: Critical >

The rabid bear tries to hit you, but you deflect the blow.
*Everesta* tries to slash you, but you deflect the blow.
*Everesta* leaves north. ^^

o S HP:Critical MV:Winded - the rabid bear: Healthy >
f
*Everesta* has arrived from the north.
Do you not consider fighting as standing?

* S HP:Critical MV:Winded - the rabid bear: Healthy > *Everesta* tries to slash you, but you deflect
the blow.
Berserk! Death! Death! Fight to the death!

* S HP:Critical MV:Winded - the rabid bear: Healthy >

You strike the rabid bear's body into bloody fragments!
The rabid bear tries to hit you, but you deflect the blow.

* S HP:Critical MV:Winded - the rabid bear: Scratched >
bash
-
=
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Your screams die away as streaks of Fire from Everesta devour your flesh.
You are dead! Sorry...

Ghast
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Ghast » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Path Past a Small Village
The small path runs past a cozy home here, and then disappears into the
grasslands. You may continue along the path to the north, where it heads west
into the village. The house to the west is small, but in good repair. White
smoke drifts up from its chimney. Someone must be at home.
[ obvious exits: N ]
Zone: Western Plains of Maredo
*Lexica* is resting here. <--- ooh resting, nice

o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded >
mbb
[ba h.light]
You silently approach your victim...

h

x
Cancelled.
[change mood berserk]
Mood changed to: Berserk
Wimpy reset to: 0 hit points. <--- been stabbing too many channies to crit lately, not taking a chance here!

o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > [hide ]
You attempt to hide yourself.

o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded > [ba h.light]
You silently approach your victim...

-
=
+*
*+
=
-
-=
+*
Ooops. Your clumsy execution broadcasts your intentions.
*Lexica* panics, and attempts to flee!

o S HP:Hurt MV:Winded - Lexica: Beaten > <--- and she was already beaten anyway.

...then I burn 2 vials trying to track her down

Sarai
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Re: Fail!

Post by Sarai » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Magnificent Square
The broad, milk-white arch that gives the town its name dominates
Whitebridge as much close up as it does from afar. The eastern foot of the
White Bridge settles down right in the middle of a large town square, and
extends up and off to the west. The square is paved with even flagstones,
worn down by generations of feet and wagon wheels. Shops and inns dot the
square and the surrounding streets, which lead off in every direction. A
large banner has been attached to a staff, depicting a map of Whitebridge.
[ obvious exits: N E S W U ]
A small purse is here. [4]
A fountain is here, offering clear blue water to all.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A city lamplighter stands nearby, attending his duties.
The Whitebridge town crier stands here, spreading the news.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Strong MV:Strong >
A city lamplighter leaves east.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Strong MV:Strong >
The Starling arrives at the docks.


* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full >
*Tabarnak* has arrived from the east.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full >
The Watchman has arrived from the east.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full >
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman has arrived from the south.
The Watchman has arrived from the west.
The Watchman has arrived from the south.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full >
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full >
*Tabarnak* clumsily approaches you with a pair of moonstone hilted dirks, but you fend off the attack.

* R HP:Scratched SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Healthy >
You try to slash *Tabarnak*, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he dodges the attack.
Tabarnak swiftly dodges the Watchman's attempt to pierce him.
The Watchman pierces Tabarnak's right leg very hard.
Tabarnak swiftly dodges the Watchman's attempt to pierce him.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Scratched >
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman pierces Tabarnak's body hard.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Scratched >
You try to slash *Tabarnak*, but he parries successfully.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
Tabarnak swiftly dodges the Watchman's attempt to pierce him.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Scratched >
*Tabarnak* snickers softly.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Scratched >
*Tabarnak* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full - the Watchman: Scratched - Tabarnak: Scratched >
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he deflects the blow.
The Watchman tries to pierce Tabarnak, but he parries successfully.
*Tabarnak* leaves north.

* R HP:Healthy SP:Full MV:Full >
The Watchman leaves north.
The Watchman leaves north.
The Watchman leaves north.
The Watchman leaves north.

Almost got me good :p was using the bathroom

Tabarnak
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:23 am

Re: Fail!

Post by Tabarnak » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:33 pm

I think no hide stabs have about a 4% chance.

Post Reply