- You can now interact with any door via the "door" alias, regardless of whether it has that name or not. For example, "open door east" will open any door to the east, even if it is named "gate", "bush", "hiddenhatch", "deadtrees", etc etc. This works for the following commands: open, close, knock, lock, unlock, pick.
- Note that you still must have the minimum search to open the door in order to interact with it.
- If you don't have the minimum search required to find the door, interacting with it via this "door" shortcut will cost you some moves (dependent on your maximum).
- You can alias these commands as well, such as by doing "alias ode open door east" and so on.
- While the custom door names are a very fun part of MUDs in general and quite atmospheric, they've been rendered largely obsolete by modern third party clients like Mudlet, so we decided to bake this functionality directly into the game. This should make the need for third party scripts to handle doors less of an advantage. Third party scripts like Adael's do not have the move cost, but they are also less reliable at knowing exactly where you are -- the in-game version will always know exactly which door to open, and doesn't require an updated map, etc. We feel like this is a fair tradeoff and makes the in-game version quite compelling.
- You can now scalp and butcher while wearing a short blade, as well as while wielding one. Note that daggers are wearable on the belt slot. This should even the playing field between setups for scalping in PK, in particular, so that short blade users no longer have a strong advantage.
- The hone and harden timers at the Master Blacksmith has been shortened to 2 in-game hours, down from 6.
A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
A few quality of life code changes are now live: