Wisdoms Treat Cairhien - Part 1 ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Emily

Wisdoms Treat Cairhien - Part 1 ---&RPaward

Post by Emily » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:40 am

A log where Emily and Zira meet up in Cairhien to figure out a quite peculiar trend of sicknesses. I'm still trying to get my sea-legs, if you will, for a new strand of RP involving Cairhien and their local proclivities (poisoning everyone). Zira has recently returned to us and eagerly jumped in. Themes are: Poison, big cities and lots of people, Wisdoms from small villages, learning things about Cairhien.

Point of view: Emily
Main Characters: Emily and Zira
Participants: so many people in Cairhien

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<Some narrates that ended up getting Zira to come to Cairhien. Squeeeee!>

Emily narrates '*Removes a spoon from her mouth* Well, hello there Zira! Fancy seeing another Wisdom about today!'

Zira narrates '*Looks around in bewilderment* Hello, Emily is it? I don't believe we have rightly met in the flesh as it were.'

Emily narrates 'I don't believe so, but you know how it is. Each of gets tossed a village full of unruly men to take care of seperately. Hard for us to get together, ya'know!'

Zira narrates 'Don't I know it, the men down Diagan way seem to occupy nearly all of their time dreaming up new ways to be pig headed.'

Emily narrates 'I've been spending my time in the villages of Cairhien. Well, that was the plan, but there's so many un-explained illnesses in the city proper! I blame it on there being so many people in spot. But they tend to mainly just be nobles falling sick, and yet not contagious. It is quite weird.'

Zira narrates 'That does sound quite strange Emily. If you would like I can probably take a look to see if I can help identify this contagion.'

Emily narrates 'If your village can spare you, I'd appreciate the assist. But I hope large crowds don't bother you. Cairhien is Big. And Noisy. And Peopely.'

Zira narrates 'While extremely pigheaded, the women's circle has been able to manage Diagan. I believe I can slip away for a short period. We will just have to see about the peopely bit.'

Emily narrates 'Right. I'll get the Spoons. You know, just in case.'

Emily narrates '*mutters as she sees her breath out in front of her* And if that weren't enough, it is snowing now! I did not pack well for this city...'

----------------------------------

<In-person interaction begins here!>

At The Stump Of The Avendoraldera
A medium-sized stump sits solemnly in the middle of a wide bed, surrounded
by grass. It is the stump of the legendary Avendoraldera tree, the offshoot
of Avendesora. The stump is capped low, its rings showing the
once-cherished tree's age before it was cut down. It sits here in a quiet
testimony of Laman's great folly. A small bench sits beside the tree, a
quiet place to contemplate the stump and what it means for Cairhien's past,
present and future.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
|1|.A black stallion prances about, being ridden by you.
The Cairhien herald stands here, trying to catch your eye.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.
Zira has arrived from the west.

Emily says 'Ah, you must be Zira! Thank you for coming to help me, even though we haven't met.'

Zira says 'My pleasure. Two birds with one stone I would say.'

Emily says 'We can introduce ourselves more when things calm down. I've been standing in for the Wisdom in the village south of here, but got called up to the city unexpectedly.'

Emily moves quickly out of the way to avoid getting jostled by a man.

Zira says 'Please, fill me in on what has been going on here in the city.'

Zira glares at the crowd.

Emily says 'You see, people are getting sick, but not your normal illnesses, as nothing seems to be contagious. To add to the mystery, it is mainly only affecting the noble class and rich merchants.'

Emily says 'I have never seen an illness act like that!'

Zira eyes Emily's guttering lantern and looks around at the sunny park.

Zira arches an eyebrow.

Emily says 'After consulting with the patients, it seems to occur after they eat or drink anything, but their water sources and food varies in source it couldn't possibly be Still Water or food poisoning.'

Emily says 'Truth be told, I've never had a village of my own, I've just tended to Whitebridge. So I could use a fellow Wisdom's look.'

Zira says 'That is very strange... Is it at all possible this is a targeted illness?'

Zira says 'It does sound like you have ruled out some of the more common causes.'

Emily says 'A...targeted illness? As in someone sneezing on all of them?'

Zira says 'I once had the terrible misfortune to encounter a Fade. I was incredibly lucky as my traveling companions were very talented in battle. What I witnessed though was that this creature was able to inflict sickness on those he was battling.'

Zira says 'I know what you are thinking.. Fade? She must be a daft old lady indeed, but I give you my word it is the truth.'

Emily says 'I see. Well once you see the patients I think you'll see that we can rule out Fade Poisoning for them.'

Zira says 'I may be far off the mark, but it is just a thought rattling around this old brain.'

Zira nods in agreement.

A small smirk plays at the side of her mouth.

A young man hurries past jostling into emily on his way past ( Emily )

Emily puts her hands on her hips and glares past her at the retreating figure.

Emily says 'But you may be on to something. Perhaps not fade poison, but....what do you know of poisons in general? I only know of the wild plant and berry variants. Which the patients did not indicate they ingested.'

Zira says 'Like yourself I know of the natural varieties. I know many poisons exist, but am not familiar with them myself.'

Emily says 'Me neither.'

Emily scrunches up her face as she goes deep in thought.

Emily says 'I heard of a few plants that grow nearby. Let's see if any of them are poisonous.'

Zira says 'I have in the past run across disreputable persons who would peddle poison. Though it has been years since my last encounter with one.'

Zira nods in agreement.

Emily says 'Did you have a horse?'

Zira says 'I arrived here without one and will need to purchase a replacement.'

<Emily and Zira gather some of the local Cairhienin herbs. Some small chatting about where to find the herbs, picking them up, and oooo, look, there's a circus. Must go later. Some of it was fairly ooc, so I cut it.>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At The Stump Of The Avendoraldera
A medium-sized stump sits solemnly in the middle of a wide bed, surrounded
by grass. It is the stump of the legendary Avendoraldera tree, the offshoot
of Avendesora. The stump is capped low, its rings showing the
once-cherished tree's age before it was cut down. It sits here in a quiet
testimony of Laman's great folly. A small bench sits beside the tree, a
quiet place to contemplate the stump and what it means for Cairhien's past,
present and future.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
|1|.A black stallion prances about, being ridden by you.
The Cairhien herald stands here, trying to catch your eye.
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.
Zira has arrived from the east, riding a |2|.warhorse.

You drop a few stalks of yellow broomweed.
You drop a small pile of blue goatflower petals.
You drop a pouch of black sleepwell root powder.

An illuminators assistant eyes the dropped herbs askance ( Emily )

Emily says 'Let's see...That one is obviously Broomweed.'

Zira nods in agreement.

Zira looks at a black stallion.

Zira says 'And that dark one there is sleepwell root.'

Emily says 'Good if we need to cure a stomach ache, but it isn't poisonous.'

Emily says 'Sleepwell for helping cure headaches and for wakefullness. That can't be the culprit.'

Zira nods in agreement.

Emily says 'And then Goatflower, for healing bones. The local plants didn't help us any.'

Zira shakes her head.

Zira ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Emily says 'So...who knows about common poisons and their symptoms?'

Zira says 'I wonder if the woodsmen of this region would know. There are many more poisonous beasts near the spine of the world than I am familiar with.'

Emily says 'That sounds as good as a lead as any! I've got to check on the patients again. Thanks for coming all the way from Daighan to help! Feel free to keep looking around.'

Zira says 'That I will.'

Korsik

Re: Wisdoms Treat Cairhien - Part 1

Post by Korsik » Fri May 06, 2022 10:08 am

Zira and Emily awarded 3qps