The Power of the Dark Gifts

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Mikhan
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Mikhan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

The best part is Ominas looted Rig (I think he was trying to loot one of his companions) and made it out of fence.

Rig may be our greatest general, his sacrifices an example to the horde and the hoarders alike

Ominas
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:07 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Ominas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Yeah Lisette died right before Rig. Went to loot as Rig died. Planned on spamming open for Gretchen then having her spam for me.

But Gretchen died a few seconds later. Then I got lucky, because Mik doesn’t know how to spell fence.

Good work. Great trap. You couldn’t have done anything different with 3 channies. Still think that weave is stupid!

Reyne
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Reyne » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm

I think it's the SPs more than the weave.
Or if a single one of the 6 channies had slice.
Slice doesn't do anything so nobody pracs it. As far as I know. Even if you land it there's a really good chance it won't actually slice their weaves. I think it works off Will like other status weaves; rough against a channeler.

Talasia
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Talasia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Reyne wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm
I think it's the SPs more than the weave.
Or if a single one of the 6 channies had slice.
Slice doesn't do anything so nobody pracs it. As far as I know. Even if you land it there's a really good chance it won't actually slice their weaves. I think it works off Will like other status weaves; rough against a channeler.
I played with it a bit last year, and the high failure rate makes it worthless, like you say. Perhaps if it was made into an offensive weave that does 1 damage, it would solve the high failure rate and actually function as intended to counter things like quake, without being OP as an even shorter offensive weave. Still uses your sps, but might make an interesting weave to throw into channie fights to disrupt the opponent's tempo.

isabel
Posts: 1243
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by isabel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:14 pm

not denying how powerful quake is, but the reaction time from rig/mikhan is sort of outrageously good. i guess that's the value of experience/estimates being great because i think most would think of survival before victory, but rig asap called quake even though it meant him dying as well and mikhan didn't doubt/question that but focused on perfect execution.

only see a handful of players think that fast / execute that well even though most of us have been playing for years.

Thore
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:06 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Thore » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 am

Ominas wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:57 pm
Good work. Great trap. You couldn’t have done anything different with 3 channies. Still think that weave is stupid!
I think so far the people posting these logs are the people who are abusing it and want it fixed anyway because they know it's stupid. I give it, what, a couple months? Actually I'm not sure what part of the weave is code versus mobile so maybe it's longer because Flash probably won't even look at his email for a couple months.

Thore
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:06 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Thore » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:25 am

Talasia wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:16 pm
Reyne wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm
I think it's the SPs more than the weave.
Or if a single one of the 6 channies had slice.
Slice doesn't do anything so nobody pracs it. As far as I know. Even if you land it there's a really good chance it won't actually slice their weaves. I think it works off Will like other status weaves; rough against a channeler.
I played with it a bit last year, and the high failure rate makes it worthless, like you say. Perhaps if it was made into an offensive weave that does 1 damage, it would solve the high failure rate and actually function as intended to counter things like quake, without being OP as an even shorter offensive weave. Still uses your sps, but might make an interesting weave to throw into channie fights to disrupt the opponent's tempo.
Wait you want us to think about how to weave?

Thore
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:06 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Thore » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:26 am

isabel wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:14 pm
not denying how powerful quake is, but the reaction time from rig/mikhan is sort of outrageously good. i guess that's the value of experience/estimates being great because i think most would think of survival before victory, but rig asap called quake even though it meant him dying as well and mikhan didn't doubt/question that but focused on perfect execution.

only see a handful of players think that fast / execute that well even though most of us have been playing for years.
Most of us don't have dreadlords. Or maybe they do and I'm just the only one who doesn't? Also those of us who have access to these kind of characters don't use the weave perhaps because it's busted and we want good PK. This was a decent trap, in the sense that it got kills. But the log was boring AF. And I'm sure the PK was about as boring for those two. Yes Rig is not an awful player and Mikhan isn't either. I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but spamming quake is spamming quake.

!remindme 7 days to do the math to see if enemy FCs, though unlikely to have quake prac'd because again LS is the civilized side, could have out-quake-killed the dreadlords WRT SPS pools, angreals available, and HP/dex bonuses amongst other things. Perhaps not. Seriously on LS we have to actually get along and like each other and not be dicks. DS is all about d****** on LS. It's pretty obvious why that side has fear, and sneak flee, amongst a handful of other BS things. Probably because the people that wrote the side and coded it were dicks? I'm just kidding by the way. But seriously who did the majority of the coding for DS? Was that Aennor? Or Zun? Or Flash? Someone knows, I'm curious.

Mikhan
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by Mikhan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:09 am

hm

isabel
Posts: 1243
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 am

Re: The Power of the Dark Gifts

Post by isabel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 am

You make spamming quake sound like spamming backstab.

Is it really worth posting just to say 'xyz log is boring'? Or 'xyz imms were sobad..j/k' ?

I get we're in a competition here but surely there are other ways.

Post Reply