Day of Remembrance 2020

...for in character discussions, contributions and stories.
Alison
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:09 am
Location: South Africa
Contact:

Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Alison » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:16 pm

This is my yearly reminder post on everyones remembrances of those that influenced us and made us who we are today.

Foremost Donna. May she forever have a part in our hearts.
Vampa for teaching me that if an uber stabber tries to kill you. fight back.
To all my gaidin and mates i have had since 2006. I remember you all.
To friends that have grown up and stopped playing. We shall miss you.

And finally . This doesnt mean the people have to be dead/gone . Current people as well.

Jaye
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:59 am
Location: UK

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Jaye » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 am

Thank you, Alison, such a lovely idea.

Nea.

For anyone that remembers her - she is well! One of my best friends irl. We started playing together, and I have remembered her in my RP in returning as Jaye.

Fuujin
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 am

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Fuujin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Jaye wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 am
Thank you, Alison, such a lovely idea.

Nea.

For anyone that remembers her - she is well! One of my best friends irl. We started playing together, and I have remembered her in my RP in returning as Jaye.
gosh, I miss Nea. Used to play with her all the time and get into all kinds of ridiculous shenanigans

Haven't really played in a long time, but I appreciate this post, always sets me in a nostalgic mood. Thinking about people like Donna/Seeras, the player of Theoden (the old gleeman) and a lot of other folks who've been with me along the way

isabel
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 am

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by isabel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am

Fuujin wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 pm
Jaye wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 am
Thank you, Alison, such a lovely idea.

Nea.

For anyone that remembers her - she is well! One of my best friends irl. We started playing together, and I have remembered her in my RP in returning as Jaye.
gosh, I miss Nea. Used to play with her all the time and get into all kinds of ridiculous shenanigans

Haven't really played in a long time, but I appreciate this post, always sets me in a nostalgic mood. Thinking about people like Donna/Seeras, the player of Theoden (the old gleeman) and a lot of other folks who've been with me along the way
Miss you Fuujin. You're one of the best people I know on here.

Fuujin
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:54 am

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Fuujin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:18 am

isabel wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am
Fuujin wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 pm
Jaye wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:50 am
Thank you, Alison, such a lovely idea.

Nea.

For anyone that remembers her - she is well! One of my best friends irl. We started playing together, and I have remembered her in my RP in returning as Jaye.
gosh, I miss Nea. Used to play with her all the time and get into all kinds of ridiculous shenanigans

Haven't really played in a long time, but I appreciate this post, always sets me in a nostalgic mood. Thinking about people like Donna/Seeras, the player of Theoden (the old gleeman) and a lot of other folks who've been with me along the way
Miss you Fuujin. You're one of the best people I know on here.
aww, you're gonna make me blush. i miss you too izzy <3

Stomp
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 am

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Stomp » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Smasher - chortlesnorfling mobs

zeek
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by zeek » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:01 am

To Raolin, for teaching me to stab wounded people or below so they die and don't run off to mobs!
To Troika, for showing me that some people are just never happy.
To Langois, for stab warring with me as a new player outside of caemlyn that set me on fire to learn.
to Vayus, for helping me get to level 10.
To Faul, for showing me that some people are a waste of time.
To Danise, my first real friend in the game.
To Prism, my channeling companion.
To Kryzen for teaching me that night vision isn't really all that cool.
To Elysia, for teaching me that some people just don't want to hear your ideas.
To Zoot, my second channeling companion.
To Jael, for being my friend.
To Mesa, for showing us that you too can be an entrepreneur.
To Rico, for clanning into thiefbane together.
To Lykan, for the best group pk I've had.
To Erulisse, for all of her evil ideas that cracked me up.
To Dovim, for being a great introduction to darkfriends and doors.


Too many to be grateful for, but lots of things learned along the way. :lol:

Melat
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Melat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 pm

To Maple - For teaching me about fighting as a hunter and being overall a great guy
To Dartes - For proving to the world that the impossible is possible
To Mikey - being the friendliest ogier
To Katee - for being a bff
To Huma - for being a legend and inspiring so many to become MC's
To Naftali - For sneaking into defenders rank 5 as an MC and making good jokes
To boboliosie - for being notoriously evil and bringing danger to the mud but actually is a nice guy
To Zangief - for high commitment to role playing a really scary DS
To the anonymous dreadlord hunting me as a newbie while learning how to fight ancients
To Donna - for the random discord voice chats that brought a lot of us together
To Mronz - despite being blind, is able to pk and brought some amazing ss pk at wall
To Fuujin - for taking the blame that one time and being demoted from master for something that was mainly my idea in DoTs
To Santino, Aldwyn, Marie, Dennel, Voss, Garett - Teaching me how to pk in the south and scaring the crap out of me as a new defender
To Dare - Best gleeman ever
To Delion - Best RP post(s) ever
To Mirosla - For being mysteriously vacant and timid yet RP wise enjoyable
To Isabel - Your sense of justice is strong and tenacity contagious
To Etain - Your high commitment to RP in town squares
To Erulisse - Best and worst friend of Tear with the ability to always make anything not your fault directly
To Jael - I remember you
To Benjen - thinking that I am Jesse Eisenberg after doing a skype call
To Surtain - for hiding uniques for so long
To Tarak and Joreer- the old blood of Defenders
To Melat - the best defender ever

Auri
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Re: Day of Remembrance 2020

Post by Auri » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:01 pm

There are far too many but here are the ones that truly stick out for me over the years. If you aren't on the list it doesn't mean I dont like you, just that I can't type that much.

To Amberyn, you were among a group of 3 Aes Sedai that truly inspired me to keep going and not give up regardless of setbacks or unforseen events... You were always kind to everyone and are missed.

Jestin, for being a pain in the ass of many. For leading pk even when it was a bad idea, and for sparing a puke who attacked you because you had the foresight to whois them and realize they were level 13.

Boboliosie, you have been an irritant to me for more than 15 years sir, but you are generally good natured and chill. You taught me the value of 92% notice and a k h.boboliosie spam!

Tlaloc, for being a super helpful and understanding imm, and for explaining things to an overzealous player.

Vampa, for genuinely caring about your player base and looking out for them, both in game and out.

Murdo and Nylen, for being such amazing gleemen and encouraging and inspiring others to do the same.

And to the many people who I interact with daily, for being there on my good days and putting up with me on my bad ones, thank you. You all mean the world to me and I don't know what this place would be like without you.

Post Reply