Adding to our Playerbase - Campaign

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
ecthus

Re: Adding to our Playerbase - Campaign

Post by ecthus » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Octavio wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:09 pm
Yes, it allowed stabbers to become the dominant force in the game. Nothing like walking along and suddenly finding yourself dead on the side of the road. At least with channies you had a better change of engaging or withdrawing.
I don't think this is true at all. Stabbers were a top option because daggers were way too strong, and because there was such an extreme jump in power once you had a top dodge set together. Arguably, the better and more important nerf to channies was the change to travel with no quit. It's much easier to run down and kill channies than it was before, which means you don't really need the one-shot potential of rogues.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 pm

I think the big rogue upping was changing how 99% hide reacted to notice. I know there were other changes to the mechanism of stab and what not compared to the past. Someone will rebuttal with h.whatever, but I personally think the current hide vs notice ratio favors hide too much.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:12 pm

h.dark

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Soon to be h.dark and h.seanchan
enjoy.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. Will make the next clan war slightly less stupid.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:37 pm

You guys have 0 idea how notice vs hide works if you think the mechanics are favored more to hide instead of notice.

Eol

Post by Eol » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm

I've been on a lot lately to sub-10. No one talking. No one smobbing. Barrels empty everywhere. To players I would say - if you can drag anything you find on the ground back to a city - do it.

Things like the Lugard market are great for the game (I think) but I would continue to explore small "bonus" items on moderate-non smob rooms creatures. I'm talking things similar to how ...sadist torturer west of FD used to load dark gloves on low percent, Lugard guy loading thin black chain etc. I'm not claiming jcuffs here - riveted leggings, a claymore, whatever.

Pick a semi-strong room that is not smob per se and use them

-3 ailing ogier west of Tar Valon in the cave - this room is ripe for something more
-the brigand at the top of the Lugard tower does nothing right? (though yes, the lithe in there is great) - replace with a brigand leader with something
-tarantulas with chests are great
-perhaps mini-smob chain mobs ie. the guy in Rahime loads a jade ring but could load something more. The end of the northern smob if I'm on purpose understating basically loads a burnished plate, a finely axe, and a kcuff or kneck.
-the smuggler chiefs on Murgoz loading a dull shield = great
-A gholem troll on FD fade
-A fade mob that won't fade away
-the serpent hole west of Tar Valon
-the snarling darkhounds west of FD

Change the tinker smob north of TV into like a 3 room event where you kill the dogs, then ..the archers, and finally the tinker who is like solo or has 1-2 dogs. Maybe he's been changed but historically he was like the worst loading smob I ever got the hell beat out of me trying to do.

I know - devaluation and what not. I'm just trying to find more 2 person opportunities or things for people who like those random rewards they can dump in a barrel.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Wise people know that removing channeler hps was the incorrect move. Instead channeler targeting should have been changed to behave like bash.

Zangief

Post by Zangief » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Zarth wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:25 pm
Wise people know that removing channeler hps was the incorrect move. Instead channeler targeting should have been changed to behave like bash.
I gotta echo Zarth, Channies with 340 hp died all the same.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Rogues are still the most overpowered broken class on this game. Simple trends and evaluating all the shitty rogue to remort trends, all the WB being stab, the entire reaver list being rogues at one point would make this obvious. Stab damage Needs to be capped at a percentage or max hp.