Treating people with decency

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
granit

Re: Treating people with decency

Post by granit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 am

all im saying is ignore is great and all but, this happens all the time.. I don't mind if people have bad mouths on them, the ignore command is great for that. However, people should not be allowed to play characters in leadership positions where it's expected you follow them and collaborate together if they can't act like leaders. They should be removed from their position for constantly degrading people imo.

Don't overlook this aspect of the game: it's a game. No one should ever degrade you as a person on here, for any reason. It's not about hand holding it's about we don't need people like that in our playerbase hahah, they're toxic!

Taul

Post by Taul » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

Darkside has always been known, unfortunately, for allowing inappropriate language. However, I absolutely agree that players in "Leader" positions, should not demean or purposefully insult their followers and should be reprimanded if this is the case.

If an LS leader was to use foul language and demean their followers, no one would follow them. On DS, due to the hierarchical nature of the side, you have to follow the higher ranking person (Master, fade, dreadlrod) or your not following the only RP the side represents. Therefore it is a lot easier to get away with bad behavior on DS than on LS.

On a side note, I also think people should post using their appropriate Alts rather than unaffected ones.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am

granit wrote:all im saying is ignore is great and all but, this happens all the time.. I don't mind if people have bad mouths on them, the ignore command is great for that. However, people should not be allowed to play characters in leadership positions where it's expected you follow them and collaborate together if they can't act like leaders. They should be removed from their position for constantly degrading people imo.

Don't overlook this aspect of the game: it's a game. No one should ever degrade you as a person on here, for any reason. It's not about hand holding it's about we don't need people like that in our playerbase hahah, they're toxic!
Moment there thought this was from the Trump thread...

Mangler

Post by Mangler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am

I think we should be careful to differentiate between 'foul language' and 'abusive language'. DS has always been a place where swearing and cursing was more prevalent. That doesn't necessarily mean it's abusive unless you have delicate sensibilities. You can be just as abusive and negative without swearing. Living in a country where swearing at someone basically means 'hello', it's probably important to point out the difference between swearing at someone and attacking someone.

That been said, I do think there's far less oversight of people being verbally attacked on the game now than there was 2-3 years ago, likewise there seem to be a larger number of slightly jaded players who just take out their frustrations in an abusive way. Maybe everyone just needs to give eachother a little bit more benefit of the doubt? Benefit of the doubt when something offends you, and benefit of the doubt in deciding someone has done something that needs to be 'attacked'.

Taul

Post by Taul » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

I agree with Manglers moderation and view point.

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am

I want to make this thread a tad happy. I started around May and there have been amazing people on all sides help me. Only a select few people have seemed to go out od there way to be rude and that is fine because that will happen in any game, job, or event you attend.

You guys have been so receptive and kind and have out up with a plethora of questions and noobiness and I thank you.

Alaina and Randal who taught me my very first FC and game basics.

Rig for teaching pk basics. (I know y'all gonna laugh)

Daal, Anor, Keim, Protus, Kes and all others in discord that put up with my noobiness.

Erulisse for teaching me smobbing and more in depth FC functions.

So many more I cannot remember at the time. Thank you all for setting the example.

Arkan

Post by Arkan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:29 am

Say: Screw charge! The timer is too short and faster than my link
Don't say: Screw Walker for being a stupid cheap charger!

Say: Vaen is hard to kill, which makes pking him frustrating
Don't say: Vaen is no-balled hairless whiner

Say: Roadeur is good at grouping LS
Don't say: Roadeur ganked us!

Say: Channies are too powerful for me right now.
Don't say: Firimei sucks because she is fc!

Say: That stupid mofo killed me LD
Don't say: Dead men tell no tales.

Kesumi

Post by Kesumi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Hasp just reminds all of us jaded old players of our lost innocence :D

Speaking of being decent, whoever keeps trying to stat 'Kes' don't think I have not noticed! :x :x :x

Rark

Post by Rark » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Arkan wrote:Say: Screw charge! The timer is too short and faster than my link

Say: Wow Arkan sure knows a lot of zones and must really know how to get vials.
Don't say: What is this idiot doing running 13 zones to safety!
:)

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Rark wrote:
Arkan wrote:Say: Screw charge! The timer is too short and faster than my link

Say: Wow Arkan sure knows a lot of zones and must really know how to get vials.
Don't say: What is this idiot doing running 13 zones to safety!
:)
Pretty sure that happened on LS narrates yesterday.