Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
isabel

Re: Why would anyone want to pk you guys?

Post by isabel » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Sorvitor wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:19 pm
So lemme get this straight our 2 rogues were more lame than your 2 stabbers and 2 channelers? Just trying to understand what is legit now and what isn’t.

What I found lame was the unwillingness of ls to leave Lugard for 20 minutes.
We weren't unwilling to leave, we actually went out and didn't see you guys. Most of that pk was ghast running around lugard and people chasing. I think stabbers think they are doing their job by smelling up zone, distracting group but it's basically stalling the pk.

Ghast

Post by Ghast » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:29 pm

isabel wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:47 am
-=nar sorv is batt <-- look when this command is entered, timed to enter just as bash completes
And also note the couple of pulses before that. There was time to leave or hit someone after Sorvitor left. Lisennet got stabbed because she wasn't spamming.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 am

Ghast wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:29 pm
isabel wrote:
-=nar sorv is batt <-- look when this command is entered, timed to enter just as bash completes
And also note the couple of pulses before that. There was time to leave or hit someone after Sorvitor left. Lisennet got stabbed because she wasn't spamming.
Ghast does have a point here, however small that time was. I remember getting the thinking about the stab and being relieved Lisennet was on and then all of a sudden she's dead. It was a good, legit stab.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:22 pm

Nunzio wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 am
Ghast wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:29 pm
isabel wrote:
Ghast does have a point here, however small that time was. I remember getting the thinking about the stab and being relieved Lisennet was on and then all of a sudden she's dead. It was a good, legit stab.
If you have an incredible connection and your commands will be executed in 1-2 pulses then I can see why you think this is legit. For the rest of us from Europe/Asia/Aus, it is not that we are being slow or not spamming. There is simply no way for us to enter a command and have the mud execute it in 1-2 pulses.

Kind of like a long distance group call where some people can be heard in 1-2 seconds, while others take 4-5 seconds to be heard because they are further away and the sound has longer to travel. So if the window of hearing answers is only 1-2 seconds, then the people who take 4-5 seconds are eliminated outright. So if you want everyone to play that game, you need the window to be 4-5 seconds at least.

Not a huge issue since no one needs to stay in pk vs a flee stabber.

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Looking at the original log, the frustrating part is that the healthy stabbers are trying to land stabs rather than just buffing ancients and dealing guaranteed damage to the abser. It's annoying to PK against, but it's also just annoying because of how bad a strategy it is. It's frustrating dying in group PK to a stab you couldn't avoid, but it's even more annoying getting shredded while stabbers on your own side are sitting in the room trying to roll rather than buffing dung.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Totally agree with Ecthus that that is so frigging annoying. Just so many aspects of strabbers that makes you want to tear your hair out, whether you're pking against them or with them. We'd all be better off of everyone would just stop playing that setup.

When I'm wounded on an abser fighting two healthy rogues that are fleeing off to stab me i get this huge urge to just close the game and do something else with my time.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:17 pm

I've been playing online chess lately and I find it has all the fun of strategy pk and none of the frustration stuff. Can also get 10 min 30 min games without any of the time we waste here waiting around / re-eq xp etc. Is a great alternative to trying to keep pk going when its zero fun.

(Bit of a detail but fwiw) you also play against similar rating which keeps going up as you improve so it's not like an 800 level is playing 2500 all the time and losing in 15 seconds, or the reverse and feeling constantly bored. Have had some incredible/challenging games at different rating levels.

Zangief

Post by Zangief » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Mikhan just died to a time stab, so the incentive to go for it, is definitely there. Regarding Ecthus talking about people rolling stabs while they’re healthy.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Typically all pk you are using HPS as some kind of resource to motivate the other side. The exceptions to this is of course large group pk and rogues. I like playing rogues and don't mind pking against them, but you have to adjust and 90% of the time the adjustments will make the rogues just leave. It does seem strange that the big "counter" to rogues (berserk charge) was nerfed to the point that it is no longer a counter. Typically charging to batt/beaten in my experience. That change and the removal of berserk attack have made rogues much safer and easier to play.

Davor

Post by Davor » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:26 pm

Channelers deal a lot of damage and have their con capped. Rogues so far more damage with stab not to mention how powerful pierce attack is, which is one of the best set ups on its own. They should be capped at 16 con and 300 hp. Rolling and spamming stab should cost significant MVs. Some mallus to the most bullshit no skill class should be implemented.