Change to Master Damage

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Change to Master Damage

Post by Rig » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Hope wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Because a dreadlord is just a channeler with rat reports. Fades get all kinds of cool things, dreadlords can drink water and blood. Quite frankly it gets boring.
Agree to disagree.

+30 sp/night vision/able to ride any horse/insane weave pracs the higher you go/rat&raven reports/issuable shirt that’s the best chest piece in game for dodge that nobody else can use/issuable half-cape equivalent/moblead

Those are all incredibly cool things, and the only things you share with any other class are the shadow eye reports and moblead. You are by no means getting your chain yanked from under you.

Coming from a used to be dreadlord 8-)

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Also, things get nerfed. See: warders and fades with attack in any mood; old insane master weapons; dreadlords having a pulse off every weave; travel + no quit; locate giving zone names, player names, mob names; issuable poisoning herons for fades; incinerate pre-warning-message; group fade; old fly charge; engaged stab and charge timers; the era of unbashable dodge; the era of undodgeable bash; OCG; zerk attack; ...the list goes on. If nothing ever got nerfed, it'd be an ever-escalating arms race and you'd still see ups and downs.

I've thought different changes were better or worse, but I try (with mixed success) to not get too personally wrapped up in it.

Hope

Post by Hope » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 pm

I’ve never issued shirt or cape so never thought about that. You’re right that is a big bonus

erulak

Post by erulak » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:24 pm

Rig wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:29 pm
+30 sp/night vision/able to ride any horse/insane weave pracs the higher you go/rat&raven reports/issuable shirt that’s the best chest piece in game for dodge that nobody else can use/issuable half-cape equivalent/moblead
You even forgot at least two bonuses!

Dovain

Post by Dovain » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Just dropping my two coppers in here.
Atienne wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:40 am
I still want to know why all the dreadlords quit, though.
I haven't quit, but I haven't been around. I've had all of maybe 30 minutes of play time in the last 1-2 months due to RL. I very much enjoy playing Dovain and wish I could dedicate more time to it, but I haven't been able to be on any character really, Dovain included.
Rig wrote:
Hope wrote:
Because a dreadlord is just a channeler with rat reports. Fades get all kinds of cool things, dreadlords can drink water and blood. Quite frankly it gets boring.
Agree to disagree.

Those are all incredibly cool things, and the only things you share with any other class are the shadow eye reports and moblead. You are by no means getting your chain yanked from under you.

Maybe there's a reason you didn't stay Dreadlord? :D (JK, not going to assume your intentions or anything)

But as far as the shirt, I couldn't find the post, but I thought the stated reasoning was higher DB to help counter mounted bash. A DL is MUCH more likely to encounter mounted/master/warrior bashers than LS FCs, especially mounted master bonded gaidin, which are in nearly every pk, and if I remember right from the quick numbers I checked, 5 db is an improvement for sure, but doesn't fully outweigh mounted bash.

The extra sps are negligible, especially if you consider angreal. FC angreal are pretty easy to get, and after 3 weaves with a statuette, that extra sp pool is pretty much negated. The other stuff is pretty decent though. If you're looking for the capes, which have the exact same stats as the DL coat, they sell commonly in Caemlyn.

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:21 pm

It does something to help the new players - but nothing to touch the warrior bonus. Which I long heralded as a great move because it gave a new player an easy to stat, easy to play, top tier DPS character that would always be fun and good to play (bread and butter of PK).

Davor

Post by Davor » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Dovain wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Just dropping my two coppers in here.
Atienne wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:40 am
I still want to know why all the dreadlords quit, though.
I haven't quit, but I haven't been around. I've had all of maybe 30 minutes of play time in the last 1-2 months due to RL. I very much enjoy playing Dovain and wish I could dedicate more time to it, but I haven't been able to be on any character really, Dovain included.
Rig wrote:
Hope wrote:
Agree to disagree.

Maybe there's a reason you didn't stay Dreadlord? :D (JK, not going to assume your intentions or anything)

But as far as the shirt, I couldn't find the post, but I thought the stated reasoning was higher DB to help counter mounted bash. A DL is MUCH more likely to encounter mounted/master/warrior bashers than LS FCs, especially mounted master bonded gaidin, which are in nearly every pk, and if I remember right from the quick numbers I checked, 5 db is an improvement for sure, but doesn't fully outweigh mounted bash.

The extra sps are negligible, especially if you consider angreal. FC angreal are pretty easy to get, and after 3 weaves with a statuette, that extra sp pool is pretty much negated. The other stuff is pretty decent though. If you're looking for the capes, which have the exact same stats as the DL coat, they sell commonly in Caemlyn.
The reasoning for the DL shirt may be "more likely to encounter mounted bashers" but I find that so insanely specific and stupid. As a fade I am more likely to be targeted by weaves. Where is my weave reduction. It doesn't make any logical sense. FCs on LS face mounted bashers all the time, its not always LS vs DS. SS will be mounted bashers as well. Nearly every PK session has fades with how many we have. Trollocs get some extra OB on top of dism OB as well as warriors not getting another 5. The change is fine with me because Jestin just got a huge bump but the fact is that it was not necessary at all.

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 pm

erulak wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:24 pm
Rig wrote:
You even forgot at least two bonuses!
I purposely left them out!

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:10 am

Don't think DL needs to be anything other than "dark side channeler" - what they should have is cool RP, like ice blue eyes or something. I don't think they even hiss and that is where they are really weak. If I ever make DL I shall bring this up on DL forums as a balance issue.

Bonuses should be about less tedious gameplay than tilting the already tilted scale of experienced vs new players. And in a similar vein, characters/classes should be FUN to play - if too many fades on, it should be a GOOD option to switch to your trolloc, not like ugh now I'm severely limited in -everything-

Why serious pk channelers stop playing is really because even a wilder in skilled hands is probably more powerful than even a fade or bonded gaidin. What jestin did with wvd/quake, a level 28 wilder with an angreal could probably do (on a smaller scale!) if it was being played by...jestin :evil: not davor..davor would probably be the bonded gaidin dying despite his bonuses like zerk attack in that scenario

Note: if you have blue eyes (I forgot this is global community!) please don't accuse me of exoticising you. instead read toni morrison's the bluest eye!

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 pm

I dont think anyone thought you were exoticising them until you mentioned it ;)