How would you playerkill yourself?

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Loomis

Re: How would you playerkill yourself?

Post by Loomis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:33 am

Oh don't get me wrong Rark, I completely agree that chasing around a rogue is no fun at all. I was simply replying to the thread asking how I would kill me.

Cil

Post by Cil » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 am

The majority of people left usually know how to live decently well. Now days you basically have to kill yourself to get pk. I die constantly lately just trying to get pk. Which is usually outnumbered and when you pk low and outnumbered there's a good chance your going to die if you make a mistake. Most people either are A. Way to whiney to pk, like they just whine rather then pk B. Give up super easy and expect the kill given to them on a silver platter C. Do not chase more then a couple rooms D. Are not give and take in pk like you have to be to keep it going E. Lazy as funk F. Just want to sit and whine instead of pk (did I mention that one yet?) G. Want the kill without any risk of them dying themselves, aka vultures who show up when it's convenient and the work is mostly done (I mentioned that right?)

That being said it's pretty simple to kill people. You bring 3-5x there numbers so you can all be berserk and wreck. Have a good leader or chaser. Be persistent, and willing to keep the pk going. Channelers are always a good way to get easy kills. Block there exits well. Bonus's are always a plus. Only think about the easiest way to get the kill and not the fun for all type. Come in while someone is low and fighting someone else. These are the normal ways people will die. Not saying all of this is remotely fun or promote people wanting to log on to pk. But generally that doesn't matter much to most.

Eol

Post by Eol » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Haven't PKed in a bit, but a big part of my last few ventures is just trying to lead someone to a place where Pk could actually happen without overleading them onto their next patty. I could fight you Ragan, but the second you flee you'll be Blight again. Draw someone away from Blight ...oh, but they kept going and are now in camp without ever fighting.

I'm aware that troll moves are god awful. I'm aware that humans now have plenty of places to bounce to.

I just want to generate some space though.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like we have fewer zones to PK in then we did in the past. My attitude is way worse - I really have zero interest in chasing a troll around north of keep zone. There's just too much crap there. That said - FD fade and FD road really do not see any action at all anymore. They tightened up TV north plains, but I've never seen a battle there. Probably very reasonable - trolls don't have the moves to reach it and if they do they are either stuck there or have to vial.

Whether the reasons - right or wrong - as we decrease the number of places we're willing to battle the zones become stagnant and boring.

Anyone remember the last Deathmatch - Lugard may not be a great PK zone (or maybe it is), but it was definitely a change of pace to battle somewhere different.

Also - coding - remove fade sneakflee. Hide the direction (or hell, remove that too), but the human should immediately be given a message that the fade is gone. You shouldn't be running your timer wondering - is my opponent still there.

*Fade* slips away.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Eol said explained every post I ever make. I have a bad habit of making good suggestions to problems I see without actually explaining the problem, thinking its a given. Move mobs to spread pk out and change scenarios, and F the old vocal majority.

lilith

Post by lilith » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Simple. Get low on hps then bait me into a group of mobs or worse pcs. I will go to any lengths to get a kill when I smell blood and I die a lot this way. Also, my zone knowledge is not all that great.

Also, sick mobs or pcs on me and i die fast espcially if channies are around.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:46 am

Cil wrote:The majority of people left usually know how to live decently well. Now days you basically have to kill yourself to get pk. I die constantly lately just trying to get pk. Which is usually outnumbered and when you pk low and outnumbered there's a good chance your going to die if you make a mistake. Most people either are A. Way to whiney to pk, like they just whine rather then pk B. Give up super easy and expect the kill given to them on a silver platter C. Do not chase more then a couple rooms D. Are not give and take in pk like you have to be to keep it going E. Lazy as funk F. Just want to sit and whine instead of pk (did I mention that one yet?) G. Want the kill without any risk of them dying themselves, aka vultures who show up when it's convenient and the work is mostly done (I mentioned that right?)

That being said it's pretty simple to kill people. You bring 3-5x there numbers so you can all be berserk and wreck. Have a good leader or chaser. Be persistent, and willing to keep the pk going. Channelers are always a good way to get easy kills. Block there exits well. Bonus's are always a plus. Only think about the easiest way to get the kill and not the fun for all type. Come in while someone is low and fighting someone else. These are the normal ways people will die. Not saying all of this is remotely fun or promote people wanting to log on to pk. But generally that doesn't matter much to most.
+1

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 am

I would pretend I'm r2, that guy dies like clockwork on all his DS alts :P

Errtu

Post by Errtu » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Dimmu wrote:I would pretend I'm r2, that guy dies like clockwork on all his DS alts :P
+1 :P

Vaen

Post by Vaen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Eol wrote: Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like we have fewer zones to PK in then we did in the past. My attitude is way worse - I really have zero interest in chasing a troll around north of keep zone. There's just too much crap there. That said - FD fade and FD road really do not see any action at all anymore. They tightened up TV north plains, but I've never seen a battle there. Probably very reasonable - trolls don't have the moves to reach it and if they do they are either stuck there or have to vial.

Whether the reasons - right or wrong - as we decrease the number of places we're willing to battle the zones become stagnant and boring.
I feel like the idiotic thing about FD fade and BR fade is the design doesn't really compel sticking around trying to use them in most situations you'd want a patrol.

1) If you try to use them outnumbered and/or really low, you tend to be fucked.

2) If you're not outnumbered or not particularly low, why are you using a patrol?

DHS is a little bit better, but again, it's a bunch of dismount rooms in a football field with a bunch of football fields to the west. Oh and Siffas, which I treat like a city on my trolloc.

If I wanted PK to actually stay around FD Road, I'd nuke FD and BR and put in a rip-off of the old EF Seanchan Patrol off the road. Or change camp in some way to capture the critical dynamics of that patrol (doors, rooms that patrols don't chase in, beefiness of the patrol etc.) - but that's not as ideal, because once you're out of camp, you're pretty much out of danger on either side vs. a chokey road. I don't know if there's ever been a patrol that's been as effective and balanced for both high and low numbers pk.

Relaes

Post by Relaes » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

Vaen wrote: If I wanted PK to actually stay around FD Road, I'd nuke FD and BR and put in a rip-off of the old EF Seanchan Patrol off the road. Or change camp in some way to capture the critical dynamics of that patrol (doors, rooms that patrols don't chase in, beefiness of the patrol etc.) - but that's not as ideal, because once you're out of camp, you're pretty much out of danger on either side vs. a chokey road. I don't know if there's ever been a patrol that's been as effective and balanced for both high and low numbers pk.
Haha yes! Man there was a lot of poo flinging on the boards when someone had the bright idea to block Rock View around DR and turn EF into a newbie hub. Who remembers RE-bonus being able to jump over a hedge at bark? (I think it was a RE bonus).

Karif vs the world is a log I would read again (if I ever did, maybe I only had it told to me). There were so many good things about EF pk for years that it effectively drained north pk. Langois was very upset because he couldn't roll timers on trolls anymore :(. And then everyone died to Nargus and Fantus anyway. Vaen (I think) was a young padawan at the time who yelled a lot and had something resembling swag. In short, good times.

I'm not at all like Lykan above who just enjoy taking risks. If I lose my eq it'll take a while to get it back again so I can play. Smobbing is not very fun nowadays. I know very few people here so I just don't chase into cities every chance I get (I also had to ask about jump exits for FD twice last month. It seems hard to re-learn things!). As for the question, I'm not hard to kill. I'm extremely cynical when it comes to baits and I don't get why people still do that so frequently. It's so painfully obvious when anyone half decent just flops in order to bait. Taking a gamble and losing at a patrol is another thing entirely and something that can really turn a 4-5vs2 into something very close depending on if you have an EF-pat-esque layout or, as mentioned above, camp to utilize. Show me a chance at turning the tide somewhere reasonably even and I'll bite. Then you can just mow me down with your "huehue"-squad of channies around the corner. Simple. The greatest people to fight are those where their skill level peaks at beat/crit. Detritus and Kryyg comes to mind. Unsure if they still play. I'm not that updated on alts anymore.