Nae'blis Rig

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Ominas

Re: Nae'blis Rig

Post by Ominas » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Iria is correct. The mobs shuffle around multi.

For a few hours there were no ds on. So we were just bored and hitting things. Half of that group are newer players, or non pkers.

I knew Cowl was around. Expected maybe a basher. I did not expect a dreadlord. Nor did I expect them to try that. Truthfully for some reason I thought HK was one of the no channel fades anyway. Lesson learned there.

As far as we could tell there were only 3 on ds. Under normal circumstances they would have died had they hit. Without a channeler obviously.

At one point when the door initially closed I was actually opening and trying to flee out. It wasnt being spammed hard. As I’ve done in the past in these situations. But I failed flees and then missed the open. When Rig entered and weaved I tried a bash on him to see if I was engaged. I was not.

So I started to spam it open and believe I narrated out, but I can’t remember. I was expecting a few to flee and re-enter to get on Rig. Or bash the door minder. Etc. Generally I give instructions beforehand on what to do if this or that happens but I didn’t this time.

That was a miscalculation on my part though anyway. A couple might have been zerk. Including Det. And the rest weren’t really pkers.

Like I told them last night, I couldn’t even be mad really. I was more surprised and impressed than anything. But it would be a lie if I said that wasn’t frustrating in a way. One player using a silly weave destructed a group and one with little effort. None of us were low really, before. Except Draz. And that might have taken him 20 to 30 seconds or so to clear all? Maybe a little more.

A couple people have said this or that could be done but Razhak is right, in my opinion. There wasn’t a whole lot that we could have done differently other than bailing beforehand or having instructions in place. Not with that group anyway. And not that the latter would be guaranteed to work.

A little tip I will give though, if you’re caught in a situation like that, trust those around you to do what you know they know. Like I knew Draz would flee and try to do what I said above. I knew I wouldn’t have to say anything or ask him to. He knows what to do. It’s super important to trust your group.(Unfortunately he died before he could obviously)

Try to stay off globals as much as possible. Door fights are high stress. If ten people begin to narrate you’re going to not only miss important details, such as if you’re engaged on Rig and can try a bash. But you’ll cause some players to freeze up and panic. They will be too busy trying to read globals and not focusing on the situation. Once Draz went down I more or less knew it was over but was hopeful more would try to flee. At least I could give them a chance.

It is what it is. Hitting dangerous and harder things doesn’t go your way every time. Stuff happens.

Good play

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Great log, so many little things went Rig's way in that. One maybe 2? Dreadlords who would give that a go.

Thought you might be in trouble there to begin with, pyramid angreal doing work!

Thiago

Post by Thiago » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:02 pm

Evangaline wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 pm
Evangaline wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:10 pm
I think Rig was engaged on any LSer (he is "assisting" Carl against the final Elite, which you'll notice is unengaged when he walks in), so he's not really open to a bash. If fleeing off/back on, max engage would keep others from getting on him -- at which point yes, kill the horses -- but again, they all seem to be engaged on mobs throughout.
Actually I lied, Thiago does get on him when Thiago's Ko'bal dies to quake:
*Thiago* tries to slice you, but you parry successfully.
Thiago doesn't bash though - just seems to try to melee him for many rounds. He should definitely have tried to sit him as soon as he got on.

Ah yes, my mistake. But I'm still learning and seeing this in action caught me way off guard. i was in awe and panicked.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 pm

Nothing wrong with that man. You did great throughout.

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 am

Thiago wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:02 pm
Ah yes, my mistake. But I'm still learning and seeing this in action caught me way off guard. i was in awe and panicked.
Yup, dying (repeatedly, in new and exciting horrible ways) is how you get better. Totally normal and part of the process. And even then almost never does everyone execute flawlessly. I'm still learning new things all the time, too. So my point wasn't to call you out at all - hope you didn't feel that way. Just trying to look at ways it could have gone better since there are some interesting dynamics at play in this one.

Eol

Post by Eol » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:14 am

It was well executed by Rig but they've needed to put 1 pulse back onto earthquake since the change that shortened it. The second the coding change happened Mangler demonstrated what a mistake it was.

Draz

Post by Draz » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:41 am

Pretty much what Ominas said, and yes you're right auto-wimpy screwed me with those autoflees building fleelag.

The reshuffle stuff screwed me and I also ate a pile of kicks right before this.

We saw zone pretty much as the door shut. And my first I think two attempts to flee were both right as the door shut each time.

In all honesty my plan once I saw rig probably would have been to flee to 1e, hit whoever was there, bash, and call out.. purely because at that point I was too low to try come in and get on Rig.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Was very well done, i asked him to post it. We'd just rolled over Silvak and Maeltor before this and seen *Cowl* at stronghold so were aware of the potential opposition. As Sannil said there was a whole bunch of things had to line up for this, of the leaders could hit this is pretty much the singular room can execute this, we kind of had plans for people hitting us but didn't really even think of a dreadlord for some reason.

I actually expected the room was no-channel since they fucked all clan leaders and made most the rest of them no-chan and spam narrate while i was away.

Looking back afterwards i needed to zerk and kill a mob with attack round to get on Rig or have alison disengage to hit him with autorescue, far too big brained for me to think of in the moment tho.
I'm not sure if anyone else could have disengaged off other mobs and got onto Rig, i think chelou got on him which was singular best for rig.

Wish i had my buffer, i innitially thought he had entered room and big brain hit a trolloc mob before quaking, the single trolloc and horse above my name(was not above my name 1-2 rounds before this) where he entered room saved him from getting on me first and having to flee thru door or flopping over dead.

Also the timing of this quake damage pulse super lucky to not get the non engaged trolloc mobs agro on rig.

H'Krreth the Myrddraal vibrates and is knocked about.

* HP:Healthy SP:Strong MV:Strong - Carl: Wounded - an Elite Ko'bal guard: Battered > x
An Elite Ko'bal guard joins H'Krreth the Myrddraal's fight!
*Detritus* moves swiftly to protect *Alison*.
An Elite Ko'bal guard joins H'Krreth the Myrddraal's fight!
*Detritus* moves swiftly to protect *Alison*.

Nicely played.