Nae'blis Rig

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Morella

Re: Nae'blis Rig

Post by Morella » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Using an Angreal should increase weave timer by 3 to 4 symbols. This log shows how ridiculous it is. He ended up with good sps.
Rig also has more sps than any bonded fc by like 50.

Pyramids/moonstones are the most powerful angreal in game and he burnt that one out. At least you can't recharge them anymore.

Bold move by Rig, who made it look easy. I can't think of anyone else who would've tried that manuever.
Aloisa wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm
All channelers please practice quake.
Literally all since it's not a clanned weave.

Benito

Post by Benito » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:40 pm

What’s the deal with the elite at the top of the room? As far as I can remember, elites don’t roam within KK, so they all should have been under the regular kobal mobs.

Then, it looks like the horses really helped out Rig but, once again, it’s weird that they aggroed him rather than the elite at the top aggroing him first. And the way the aggro seems to work is that the type of mob all aggro together, rather than being based purely on room order. Or it might just be the aggro prioritizes low level first.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Ahh channies, so utterly dumb. One channeler can come in and wreck a overpowered group like that. And do it with ease honestly. Wish this game wasn’t so skewed towards stupid things. So many things needs fixed for balance. Earthquake is by far the most dumbest idea ever. Needs removed or reworked. I get it channelers are supposed to be powerful but come on. Games need balance.

So many other bonuses in game need removed or reworked to. I couldn’t imagine starting this game and seeing all these bonused chars. I’d say well dung, already at a massive disadvantage because it’s a mud. Not the easiest to learn. Then you throw on years and years of experience. Then you throw on the best players, generally only playing the most bonused chars. Then how dumb it is to get on those equal playing fields by obtaining a bonused char. What really is the point to try to play the game? Any other game I can start out and be really competitive very quickly..

Rant being said, great job by Rig taking advantage of people hitting the smob. Cool to see, but also frustrating to see. 🤷‍♂️

Carinya

Post by Carinya » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:53 pm

I don't think this is a "channies are dumb" log. Nobody except a dreadlord with a nice angreal, and some good luck to catch them when/where he did could pull this off. It's just a cool log.

Team lightside could have ganked their own horses to get on Rig for a bash, but it's sort of silly to pick at logs like these. Thanks for posting.

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Benito wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:40 pm
What’s the deal with the elite at the top of the room? As far as I can remember, elites don’t roam within KK, so they all should have been under the regular kobal mobs.

Then, it looks like the horses really helped out Rig but, once again, it’s weird that they aggroed him rather than the elite at the top aggroing him first. And the way the aggro seems to work is that the type of mob all aggro together, rather than being based purely on room order. Or it might just be the aggro prioritizes low level first.
The earthquake damage goes in room order (same as it shows up via look). You can see that in the damage messages. The Elite is engaged on Detritus in the log, so it can't target swap to Rig even though it is damaged. The horses are the first un-engaged mobs.

There are two possible reasons the Elite is at the top of the room: (1) sometimes mobs disengage (think it's a mobol thing) which seems to reshuffle the room order. Probably has to do with how it is implemented; or (2) some city heads spawn new mobs throughout the fight (I believe Maeltor keeps spawning new elites as long as he's alive -- HK might be the same. Silvak does this also). Can't say which it is without the full LS point of view of the log.

iria

Post by iria » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Think the anti multibash mobol reshuffles maybe? Unsure if Elites have that.

Humans could've tried a couple things, but may not have mattered too much with Gamoto spamming from outside. But the people Rig were engaged on both seemed to be bashers, so rolling some bashes on him, giving Alison a chance to weave him down may have been a way. The last gentleman alive could've spammed the door on Rig after Hkretth/mob were engaged on him, again might not have changed much with Gamoto spamming from outside, but with a little luck who knows?

But yeah quake+angreal in a doorfight is pretty silly, all you can hope for is Rig messing up his timing/failiang weaves/lagging out really.

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:10 pm

An Elite Ko'bal guard tickles Draz's left leg with his cleave.
*DRAZ* PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!
An Elite Ko'bal guard tickles Draz's right leg with his cleave.
An Elite Ko'bal guard tickles Draz's right arm with his cleave.
*OMINAS* PANICS AND ATTEMPTS TO FLEE!
Autowimpy really screws Draz here, too. Ominas manages to keep the door open later in the log, but Draz seems to be quite flee lagged and doesn't make it out (and nobody else seems to flee out?).

Earthquake doesn't do a ton of damage - about on par with an HOA as far as I can tell. This group had to be pretty beaten up to start with to die as quickly as they did -- in this case it was probably a mistake to stay on HK when DS showed up on zone sense (Draz, Det, Ominas, and Alison should have all had sense). That is a hard call to make as a leader, though, and harder still to know which way things will go if you stay. Best idea would probably have been to have someone leave HK once DS showed up on zone sense and sit outside the door to watch for DS numbers, and call a quick off if needed.

I don't think Rig was engaged on any LSer (he is "assisting" Carl against the final Elite, which you'll notice is unengaged when he walks in), so he's not really open to a bash. If fleeing off/back on, max engage would keep others from getting on him -- at which point yes, kill the horses -- but again, they all seem to be engaged on mobs throughout.

Rig is very lucky HK doesn't end up on him though, which would probably have been a RIP for him. HK kills Ominas with an attack round instead of a normal round, and then assists right away against LS on the normal round. If instead he'd killed Ominas with a non-attack round (or an attack round that gets "clustered" with a normal round), then one of the quakes hitting HK would likely have engaged him on Rig instead.

Overall seemed like the perfect storm of conditions for Rig's use of quake here.

Evangaline

Post by Evangaline » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Evangaline wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:10 pm
I think Rig was engaged on any LSer (he is "assisting" Carl against the final Elite, which you'll notice is unengaged when he walks in), so he's not really open to a bash. If fleeing off/back on, max engage would keep others from getting on him -- at which point yes, kill the horses -- but again, they all seem to be engaged on mobs throughout.
Actually I lied, Thiago does get on him when Thiago's Ko'bal dies to quake:
*Thiago* tries to slice you, but you parry successfully.
Thiago doesn't bash though - just seems to try to melee him for many rounds. He should definitely have tried to sit him as soon as he got on.

iria

Post by iria » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 pm

ah you're right, glanced over it and though he was engaged on Carl.

Benito

Post by Benito » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Evangaline wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:45 pm
The Elite is engaged on Detritus in the log, so it can't target swap to Rig even though it is damaged. The horses are the first un-engaged mobs.
Makes sense. For some reason I thought earthquake would engage people on you regardless of if they were already on someone else.