Cairhien change

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Asandra

Cairhien change

Post by Asandra » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:34 am

HEY GUYS,

Why not give us a week notice?

Also - I'm a bit confused about this.
Can we talk about this now, or do we need to wait a month?

Lark

Re: Cairhien change

Post by Lark » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 am

I had to move out my stored stuff, 100gcs per day was a bit much. As an Unclanned, being treated like a minority (which I guess, I am), and having no hope of getting a privilege pass was a little sad. But oh well, lots of other text cities to frequent anyway :D

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:57 am

Yeah, I'd say it reduces traffic to Cairhien. Maybe that's the point?

I'm just confused to the point except for me disliking Cairhien instantly :evil:

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:31 am

I assume the point was to incentivize clan treaties, particularly with Cairhien, considering the unique amount of rents the city has.

Not to reduce traffic in Cair. If it was, then deleting those rents would probably happen instead.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:42 am

Curious if the S&H treaty thing happened wher epeople were supposed to make treaties with them to get bonus herald qps etc

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:32 am

isabel wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:42 am
Curious if the S&H treaty thing happened wher epeople were supposed to make treaties with them to get bonus herald qps etc
Every city that has a liaison quest mob awards more if you're in a clan that has a treaty with that nation/clan. Not just S&H/AD

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:26 pm

I thought it was because CRS wanted more wars? Declare war, make rent access a win condition? idk

Aira

Post by Aira » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Skurk wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:26 pm
I thought it was because CRS wanted more wars? Declare war, make rent access a win condition? idk
Considering Rising Sun's general clan rp is to remain neutral, this is definitely not the case. Cairhien in the books being the primary home of Daes Dae'mar/ Game of Houses though...

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:03 pm

First thing I thought was: thats gonna hurt people who have things stored in Cairhien.

I have no vested interest, but this is going to make things harder to keep re-eq sets handy for pkers. The game should be hard sometimes, but lately there seems to be a tendency to confuse hard with tedious (gemmining comes to mind, other grind-like things also which were imped the past 1-2 years). They move away from the PK base of this mud, and move more and more towards a RP and PvE style. Removing these rents from general populace, seems like more a tedious thing to me.

One could have kept the rents open for the general populace, but still give the CRS a potential for making treaties by giving them the opportunity to lower rent prices, perhaps up the amount of storable items, etc, etc..

Everything that makes the game harder, is not always a bad thing. Things that make the game tedious however, should get a good look-over in my opinion.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Razhak wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:03 pm
The game should be hard sometimes, but lately there seems to be a tendency to confuse hard with tedious (gemmining comes to mind, other grind-like things also which were imped the past 1-2 years). They move away from the PK base of this mud, and move more and more towards a RP and PvE style.
Other than the typical issue of vague or non existent hints (like drop sieve before searching it), gem mining is fairly easy and not tedious at all. Leatherworking is tedious, as you need two other side trades for that - soap and fish oil.

This gives a choice to start a same-side war or encourage treaties which can and mostly are also related to same side PK. In a way it also encourages people to clan so they have clan chest storage along with clan rent.

I'm honestly under the opposite impression - RP and PvE is still taking the bench, and PK is getting more attention. Jehannah and Baer CTFs, CTF pattys, Lorkas gateway, Black Flame to pretty much everywhere, zone cuts and zones made more chokey, victory conditions for same side wars...all that seems to promote more PK....

If any activity that isn't PK-die-reeq-get back in, will be considered tedious or against the holiness of PK - then again...why not just reopen DM MUD for those that wanna die fast, reeq faster and get back in the fight even faster...