Darkfriend system update

A place for Immortals of the game to post changes in policy or other relevant announcements for the game.
Vehruer

Darkfriend system update

Post by Vehruer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 am

Significant changes have been made to the darkfriend system. I would call this more of an update than an overhaul, but, the changes will be noticeable to those in the system.

STARTING ON THE PATH

Book lore should still guide any interested in starting, and how to go about starting by finding a friend of the dark.

This path is for experienced players only.

CURRENT DARKFRIENDS

You should talk to your existing contacts (mobs) about new tasks they have for you.

Mail or discord Vehruer if you have any questions.

STAGNANT DARKFRIENDS

Those existing darkfriends who haven't progressed will be given a few months to show their interest.

Dark gifts will be stripped from those who do not continue their service to the Dark One, and you will then, if you do return to the game, be put on the path of the new system, rather than continuing under the old.

FADES AND DREADLORDS

Check your own forums for an update shortly.

These changes took an enormous number of hours of work by about eight different immortals - we all hope the system is an improvement for all.

If there's any bugs, be sure to report them to me. Bugs include something that seems to be much easier than it should be.

Vehruer

Re: Darkfriend system update

Post by Vehruer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Update:

QUESTS

Players are now free to complete all quests, regardless of whether you have previously done the same or similar quest under the previous system.

FORUMS

We do not see that there is a need for a DF forum now, so, to preserve secrecy, we'll be removing that forum.

Giramael

Post by Giramael » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 am

Itinerant Peddler seems to have been broken, and for quite some time. He has been neither awarding alt qps, brokering potions to DS or even acknowledging interactions as far as potions are concerned. I've fixed him today. Use today's date as your reset mark for counting your 150 alt qps from this mob, ie all darkfriends are assumed to have ZERO qps from this mob prior to today to stay in line with Vehruer's quest announcement above.

G

Giramael

Post by Giramael » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Two additional pools of broker style quests have been added.

This should allow unknown DFs to spread their activities more rather than feel they need to grind every last altqp from every possible source.

Darkside players you will notice two new fades inside TKD citadel who will give you information if you ask them for help. I'd suggest though it may take some time for any reliable stock to appear.

Bug reports to me, thanks. Thanks to Siro for his assistance!

Giramael

Post by Giramael » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:46 am

All three brokers in TKD for DS that are stocked by Darkfriends now have a poster listing up to date stock at every repop. Equipment broker poster that already existed was updated to a more please to the eye format. Materials broker follows that format. Potions/fireworks broker is slightly less pleasing due to an issue I can't get around, but it works nonetheless.

In around to achieve this I've had to nuke some stocks of the lesser bought potions, and a few red robes & cuendillar belts.The majority of these were very old and from inactive DFs, or DFs who are now Known DF. Draughts were affected most of all, with stock dating back to 2019. Any Darkfriend who feels that they have been adversely affected by this should contact me privately.