Nightmares- Part 2 *DARK* --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Leria

Nightmares- Part 2 *DARK* --- &RPaward

Post by Leria » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 am

Ely edit 27 Jul 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: x

Total: 3 qps

I am going to post first that some of the scenes below can be triggers for some people, so read ahead with caution. This portion of the tale is a little dark, and alludes to some nasty business. Consider yourself warned.

The room was black, and the Inn had been silent for hours. The moon shone down through the window as it started to crest the trees outside of the walls of Amador. The young woman tucked the journal under her pillow before laying to watch the moon before bed. Dark lashes fluttered closed as she began to sleep.

Leria walked through the small encampment as the bright light of the moon filtered through the trees overhead. The Gaidin had set up rounds, but she was walking to keep an old nightmare from returning.

“You should be sleeping Aes Sedai,” called the familiar gruff voice from her right. Her hands remained folded before her as she leaned against the pine tree. The warder stood beside her, keeping his eyes on the trees around them. “It has been silent, your choice of site was well thought out.” He paused and looked at her from the corner of his eye. “You will need your rest before we move tomorrow.”

Leria remained with her eyes upon the moon, straightening to stand upright. “One more pass through the camp and I will lay in my tent.”
The Gaidin spent long enough with this Aes Sedai to know that whenever she was south of Andor, her nightmares returned. “You will succeed, and nothing will get in your way. Not even the memory of…”

“I am not the young woman I once was.” Leria cut him off, refusing to look at him. The trust between them was palpable. She felt more assured of the outcome with him present. Rikkus helped Leria find herself on the battlefield, not just in the classroom. In the time they had met in the North, they could still anticipate the other’s movements. His friendship was more than she expected from her first Bond. The Wheel wove as it will, but she hoped to find it again.

“Calculate, act, assess, attack.” He turned to her then, “Don’t let anything break through your focus. They will underestimate your strength, again. Make them pay for it.”

Leria fought the shiver that began to run up her spine. “No more women will die on my watch.”

His hand came to rest against her arm, “On my life, they will be saved Leria.”

A hand was suddenly over her mouth as she jolted awake. Fear captured her as she felt the weight of something, someone atop her body.

“Aren’t you a pretty little creature.” A voice whispered against her ear. The breath was hot and stale against her skin as she tried to move her arms.

“You are a feisty thing aren’t you. That will make this even better.” The weight on the bed shifted but the hand remained firmly in place against her chin. The faintest sounds of metal against leather echoed in the silent bedroom.

“Rumor has it you might be a witch, but witches are ugly and vile.” The tip of the blade dragged lightly across her throat, “You attend services every day, and pray with such devotion.”

Tears sprang into the young woman’s eyes. Her arms went slack, despite the trembling that was coursing through every muscle. From behind his gloved hand she tried to beg him to leave her be, for the Creator to save her.

A twisted laugh preceded the lick of a tongue along her jawline as the knife traced lower down her neck and to her chest. “Oh, you will be saved, and I will be your savior.”

A strange wind had begun to pick up in the camp. More than one warder found himself awake, the Sedai in the tents began to rouse. But it was the scream that filled the silence of the glen that tore open canopy flaps.

A week had passed, and the young woman had made it to the edges of Edmond's Field. She had to make it to Andor and then further north. She didn’t know where she was going yet, but she wasn’t safe. Unsure of how it happened, the man had flown from her body, the room suddenly cold as she climbed out the window without looking back. The farmer had found her on the road and gave her passage aboard his wagon and a few coins to find clothing. She carried a cloth bag with limited supplies as she made her way toward a town called Lugard.

She woke up before dusk and had begun to pack up her things. She was destroying the bed of branches and leaves in the ditch that had been used for cover. Something moved nearby, and she froze.

“Come into my parlor little fly.” The whisper was closer than she expected and before she could react she was pinned to the ground with a cloth over her mouth. The rag was wet and tasted foul as it dripped against her lips. “Now you’re mine. For making me chase after you, this will be more fun for me.”

“Sweet creature, so witty and wise.” The voice taunted her as she began to rouse from a stupor. Her limbs had been bound to a tree, and the man stood over her “How brilliant are your eyes.” He intoned as a gloves fist connected with her cheekbone. A sickening crack echoing off the bark of the ancient tree. The backswing connected to opposite side of the woman’s face, blood dripping from her nose. The man leaned over a licked along her upper lip before tearing open the shirt to reveal the scar he placed there. “With gold and silver wing”

The scream tore through her tent, Leria’s hands came crashing into another person as panic flashed through her body. Saidar had encompassed her as she slept, a white aura shone around her body. The attacker from the nightmare suddenly felt corporeal beside her. Leria punched at the dark form, scrambling up off the bed as she began to draw on Saidar. “Bloody ashes when did you get a right hook? Stop it!” Marshall practically shouted as he reached to grab her arms. Rikkus was behind him with a lightstick instantly.

The wind died down, but the tears slid in rivulets against her cheeks as she whispered the nightmare to the warders inside the tent. The stack of letters from women discussing missing daughters, friends and siblings were laid out. Reports of women being found dead with scars and dagger wounds lay atop the letters. Ryzom stood at the tent flap, ensuring no one else entered. Natia Sedai, and the other women appeared, “Let us in to see our Sister.” The Gaidin held up his arms I cannot do that yet Aes Sedai. I’m sorry, I have orders.” Her gaze narrowed at her warder ready to lash at him, just as Leria appeared under the fabric wrapped in a plain riding cloak.

“Tomorrow, the fly returns to the parlor.”

Carter

Re: Nightmares- Part 2 *DARK*

Post by Carter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing!