The Memory of a Child of Light never fades. --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Mhaliah

The Memory of a Child of Light never fades. --- &RPaward

Post by Mhaliah » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Ely edit 27 Jul 2021.

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : x
Length bonus +1-2 qps : x

Summary: +1 qps : x

Total: 4 qps

An Edited log of Seeras Memorial. I started editing on March 10th, just after the anniversary of the memorial from March 8, 2014. Vivienne had posted on FB about Paxle and since I was not there for Paxle's memorial when it was dedicated I decided to work on this. Some liberty was taken with sequence of events to help with flow. I have an additional log that includes preparations and the meeting after the ceremony, but after a lot of work that whole edit was lost, so I decided to focus on the ceremony itself.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander narrates 'Attendants to the service for Under-Lieutenant Seeras should assemble in Amador Central Square immediately.'

The sun rises over the fields.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander narrates 'The procession to the site of the memorial is leaving the square.'

A Garden in the Park
A small slate paved path leads away from the main open areas of the park sharply down towards a small pond. Trees ring and shade the area, though sunlight reflects off of ripples in the pond. Set up beside the pond is a small amphitheater with semicircular rows of seating. The stage is small but sturdily constructed. Banners of the Children of the Light have been set up bordering the amphitheater. On stage a white banner embroidered with a golden sunburst, the battle standard moves lazily in the warm breeze.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander has arrived from the east.
Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor has arrived from the east.
Vladd has arrived from the east.
Raal has arrived from the east.
Keim has arrived from the east.
Vladd has arrived from the east.
Stabye has arrived from the east.
Halfhand has arrived from the east.
Rayven has arrived from the east.
Aira has arrived from the east.
Roxy has arrived from the east.
Akaon has arrived from the east.
Bakkus has arrived from the east.
Higgert Ci'tanaf has arrived from the east.
Lynel has arrived from the east.
Anor has arrived from the east.
Tark has arrived from the east.
A Child of Light Lieutenant has arrived from the east.
A Child of the Light has arrived from the east.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander waits for people to find their seats.

Jania moves quitely to the rear and takes a seat.
Aldevir sheaths a a roaring lion pommeled longsword of fine red-hued steel into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
Kaan sheaths a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
Chavaon sheaths a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
Cean sheaths a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
Xander sheaths a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
You sheath a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle, as he takes a seat.
Jania stops using a dark blue tasseled spear.
Taydelli sheathes a sharp, red stone dagger into a bright red robe.
Hask sheathes an ivory-hilted stiletto into a plain brown belt.
Isaah sheathes a ruby-hilted iron dagger into a set of cloth sleeves.
Tahla stops using a silver-banded war mallet.
Elia stops using a ruby-worked rapier.
Tamira sheathes a brass hilted general's sword into a midnight blue cloak emblazoned with a silver sword.
Wynd sheathes a dagger of green jade into a gleeman's cloak, and prepares to take notes for the Legend of Seeras.
Laef takes her seat amongst the Children.

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor says 'As a reminder, you can leave simply by 'leave service'. Wandering in and out is not advised.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall says, 'Those members of the Children of the Light and Hand of the Light who would like to speak during the service please pray now, you will be called on in turn.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander nods at Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor.

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor nods in agreement.

Raal takes his seat.
Keim takes his seat.
Vladd takes his seat.
Anor sheathes a triple bladed dagger, and takes his seat in the shadows.
Stabye takes his seat.
Halfhand takes his seat.
Rayven takes his seat.
Aira sheaths a sunburst engraved longsword, as she takes her seat.
Roxy takes his seat.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Children, citizens of Amadicia, and friends of the Light.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'We are all gathered here to remember and honor a fallen soldier, Under-Lieutenant Seeras Qay.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'It is an unusual thing to do, but I think it appropriate that we take a brief moment to confer an honor upon him, an honor he earned through service, such that we can conduct the rest of the service by referring to Seeras with his proper title...'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Lieutenant?'

A Child of Light Lieutenant steps forward, handing over an insignia.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'It is my honor to confer the posthumous title of Lord and Master to Seeras Qay. The mix of pride and sadness is sharp, but it is important that he be known for his highest honors today.'

The clouds disappear.

Aira looks up as the sun's light spreads over the crowd. With such timing, the Creator must surely be watching.
Stabye nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Roxy stands by silently, trying to hold back the tears of pride.
Laef nods in agreement.
Tahla says 'LIght' in an almost breathless whisper.
Rayven nods in agreement.
Tahla nods in agreement.
Elia nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Children and Hand of the Light, I call upon a few of you to speak your hearts and minds regarding our fallen brother.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Let us begin with Child Lynel, please.'

Lynel rises from her seat to stand among the other Children.

Lynel says 'I had the honour of meeting Child Seeras when I first joined the Order, some years ago now.'
Lynel says 'Our hours of duty often coincided, and he made even the most repetitive patrols enjoyable.'
Lynel says 'I think most of all I will remember his loyalty to all his brothers and sisters, and his welcome to all who seek the Light.'
Lynel says 'He will be very much missed, but I think it's true to say of him that he has been 'a light that does not depart'.'
Lynel smiles softly and resumes her seat.

Tahla nods at Lynel.
Wynd nods in agreement.
Ashlee beams a smile at Lynel.
Laef nods in agreement.
Stabye smiles happily.
Tahla feels the tears slowly sliding down her cheeks.
Roxy leans over and gives Tahla a firm, reassuring squeeze of the hand.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Thank you Child Lynel. Hand Vladd, would you please speak.'

Vladd nods in agreement.

Vladd says 'I'm a man of few words so I'll keep it short. Lord Seeras and I spent a lot of time together. We were brothers in all but name. Seeras was the best of us. He was a man of passion who never gave up.'
Vladd says 'He'll be missed.'

Vladd nods in agreement.

Elia nods at Vladd.
Laef nods at Vladd.
Gregoire nods in agreement.
Aira nods at Vladd.
Kaan grins quietly as he strokes his chin, the face of a friend sharp on his mind.
Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor nods at Vladd.
Tahla smiles at Roxy

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor whispers something to Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander nods at Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander scans through the crowd, finding Hand Roxy.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Roxy, please.'

Roxy steps up, her shoulders straight.

Roxy says 'I have the honor of being the first ever woman Child of the Light.'
Roxy says 'And then, the first ever female Hand of the Light.'
Roxy says 'Seeras was always my Brother in name and in heart.'
Roxy says 'He never let me feel alone, and he always watched out for me, and vice versa.'

Roxy says 'I was away for a long time, and when I returned to duty recently, he took one look at me and it was like old times.'
Roxy says 'He mocked me for my axe...'

Roxy looks rueful.
Tahla nods at Roxy.
Hask nods in agreement.
Laef nods at Roxy.

Roxy says 'And off we went, as if no time had passed.'
Roxy says 'Seeras always took care of all of us.'
Roxy says 'And while we will miss him, it is my belief'
Roxy says 'That he's still watching from somewhere, and I better make sure I keep this axe decently honed.'
Roxy says 'Creator knows I don't want him scolding me for it.'

Roxy smile slightly.

Rayven smiles warmly and reassuringly grips Roxy's shoulder.

Roxy says 'The best we can do, to honor Seeras, in my opinion, is this.'
Roxy says 'Live each day with one heart, one mind, one vision, and have each other's backs.'
Roxy says 'It's too short a time we have here.'

Roxy steps back quietly.

Ashlee nods at Roxy.
Elia nods at Roxy.
Tark grins at Roxy.
Tahla grins at Roxy.
Devon beams a smile at Roxy.
Gregoire nods at Roxy.
Wynd beams a smile at Roxy.
Jania coughs lightly, choking down a sob.
Rayven nods slowly.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander whispers something to Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor.

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor nods in agreement.

Tahla grips Roxy's hand and smiles at her.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Child Anor, please step forward.'

Anor stands up from his place in the shadows of a tree.

Jania chucles softly as Anor emerges from his place of hiding.
Wynd grins at Anor.
Fuujin's fang toothed grin doesn't reach her eyes.
Laef grins at Anor.
Anor says 'Child Seeras had a talent. That talent was putting up with me.'
You chuckle politely.

Anor says 'Many here know first hand of my "activities" and Child Seeras was always on hand to deal with them all.'
Anor says 'Someone with that patience and dedication is a rare find and I will miss my brother. I will miss the patrols and just having someone to talk to.'
Anor says 'In the Light.'

Anor steps back in to the shadows.

Tahla smiles at Anor between her tears.

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor says 'Well said.'

Lynel nods.
Hask nods in agreement.
Raal nods in agreement.
Eros nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Let me ask once more for any other Children or Hand of the Light that wish to speak - others will have a chance after the formal service. Anyone, other than Lady Aira?'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander waits a moment.

Rayven whispers something to Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Keim whispers something to Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander nods at Rayven.
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Rayven, if you will.'

Rayven says 'Lord Seeras was the best liasion that the Brotherhood of the Light never had.'
Rayven says 'He represented the best of us and outwardly pulled more toward the Light than any blade could.'
Rayven says 'His respect for humanity and his true desire to create communion with others is something that will be missed'
Rayven says 'If there is anything that Lord Seeras taught us, it is that life is short and we must strive the best we can to make true connections'
Rayven says 'I'll let my blade rust, in hopes that we can find more brotherhood amongst us.'

Rayven smiles kindly and sits back down.

Pathos nods in agreement.
Stabye says 'well said brother Rayven'
Laef nods at Rayven.
Devon nods in agreement.
Aira nods in agreement.
Higgert nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Keim?'

Keim says 'I did not know Lord Seeras very well.'
Keim says 'I have no nice memories or stories to share.'
Keim says 'However, each and every time I crossed paths with Lord Seeras there was always one constant.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander shifts his stance.

Keim says 'Something I think shows something of his true character more so than even some of his close friends could properly convey.'
Keim says 'He was always pleasant and nice to me, there was always something to joke about or speak briefly about.'
Keim says 'While we were not overly close, I think it does say something when through all the times of brief conversations.'
Keim says 'He was always happy and friendly, and more so that it was not only to his friends that he was this way.'
Keim says 'I happen to think that is a pretty good mark of a good heart.'
Keim says 'I am done.'

Rayven nods at Keim.
Roxy nods slightly in agreement.
Tahla beams a smile at Keim, and nods.
Ashlee nods at Keim.
Laef nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Lady Aira, if you will?'

Aira nods in agreement.

Aira rises and turns halfway to address both the Lord Captain Commander, Hand Rhadam, and the crowd.

Aira says 'I served with Child Seeras for many years. Officially, I was his senior officer, however, I would prefer to call him brother.'
Aira says 'Recently, we both served as members of the Council of Anointed. The Light bless him for dealing with the politics and drama I so loathe.'
Aira says 'Lord Seeras was a positive force of life that truly served the Children and through us, the Light, in every way.'
Aira says 'It was impossible to sit idly by when he was around. Like a merry tune that tugs at your feet, he would always entice you to bring the Light to places of darkness.'
Aira says 'The Light shines a little less brightly since his passing.'
Aira says 'The Creator calls home his most faithful servants first.'
Aira says 'May he rest in the Creator's hand forever.'

Aira bows her head briefly.
Aira nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Tahla nods at Aira.
Tark nods at Aira.
Laef nods at Aira.
Fuujin nods at Aira.
Gregoire thanks Aira heartily.
Anor beams a smile at Aira.
Pathos thanks Aira heartily.
Stabye whispers something to Aira.
Ron beams a smile at Aira.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Indeed. Thank you Lady Aira, and thank you all. Now...'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'While I shall not speak forever, I shall be speaking at length, so in deference to your baser natures, take a quick moment to eat and drink, then be still.'

Pedron and the other Children of the Light sit down and a lunch of yellow peppers and pork is searved. A soft murmer spreads as people share memories of Seeras with each other over lunch. It gradually gets louder as people enjoy an after dinner drink. Servers bring out copious amounts of drink as people dull their greif for the moment. Goblets of mulled wine, dented tankards of dark beer, Ron even takes a sip from something hidden in his sleave as the clamour gradually decreases.

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor growls, 'Also, please remove your pesky lights. We will have torches lit around the Garden'

Anor says 'But the Light just follows me everywhere, I cannot put it out!'

Rayven chuckles politely.
Elia beams a smile at Anor.
Higgert nods at Anor.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander paces across the stage, scanning the crowd, reading the mood, and waiting for things to settle.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Be silent, find your seat, and let us continue.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander draws a breath, but then stops, staring at nothing for several moments.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'You know what I am going to say, about a soldier dedicated to the Light. About a man willing to rush headlong into battle for his comrades, about service and sacrifice.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'These things were true of Lord Seeras. But I would like to focus elsewhere, away from the obvious...'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'I would like to focus on what made Lord Seeras unique.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'To do that, I want to ask you all a very serious question, one for you to think about, not answer.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'If you passed into the arms of the Creator today, how would you be remembered?'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Would you be remembered for great acts or for how you performed small ones?'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander rubs his hands together and continues.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Would you be remembered for creating great things, or for encouraging others to create?'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander gestures with his hand, 'Of course it does not have to be one or the other,'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'but the former tends to obscure the latter for many of us.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Great acts, creative acts are emphasized, and the small ones, and how we treat people often over looked. But not by Seeras.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'The way I shall remember Lord Seeras is as a person who had the wisdom to remember that both what you do yourself, and how you treat others are required to be a great man.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'I can get a 'here here' for that, yes?'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander allows himself a smile.

Tark nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Stabye says 'here here'
Tahla says 'Here Here. I would want to be remembered for my laughter. Thats how I remember Seeras. He made me laugh.'
Elia nods in agreement.
Rayven says 'Here here.'
Xander says 'here here'
Gregoire says 'here here'
Kaan beams a smile at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Ashlee says 'Here here. '
Higgert says 'Here here'
Vladd says 'Here here'
Kaan says 'here'
Anor says 'Here here.'
Tamira says 'Here here'
Ouryu says 'Here here.'
Fuujin says 'Here here'
Devon says 'Indeed, here here!'
Pathos says 'Here here'
Ron says 'here here'
Laef says 'Here here'
Kaan says 'here here'
Aldevir says 'Here here'
Akaon says 'here here'
You nod in agreement.
Jania says 'Here, here'
Wynd says 'Here here.'
Stabye says 'Here here'
Eros says 'HERE HERE'
Aira says 'Here here.'
Taydelli says 'here here'
Isaah says 'here, here'
Tark says 'Here Here!'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander shifts his stance, pausing to think again.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander unrolls a small piece of paper, 'Bear with me as I describe the backdrop to what made Seeras special, at least to my eyes.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander reads from the paper in a formal tone:
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'We live in a dark age. Seanchan invade, capture, and occupy once-free lands.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'An age where bandits dominate nations, and humiliate monarchs.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander glares at Isaah.
Fuujin grins evilly.
Kaan glares at Isaah.
Cacamatzin chuckles.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Greed and anger pit man against man, nation against nation.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'While chaos reigns, the Shadow winnows in among us,'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Weaving sinister webs and propping open the gates that guard against the Dark One's beasts.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander looks out at the crowd before continuing.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander asks rhetorically, 'That is a dark tapestry isn't it?'

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor growls menacingly.
Isaah nods in agreement.
Wynd nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'In such an age, the Children of the Light are more than willing to draw weapons.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'We are willing to hack away injustice, to cut down anything that approaches being evil,'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'We foist the cord wood of human evil onto the pyre, light it, and watch it burn,'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'And let the Creator sort out the aftermath.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander concludes reading, 'And so we should. This is the duty of the Children of the Light.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander pauses, looking out at the gathered people, then continues without reading:
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Lord Seeras could do that too, but his methods were greater than a sword arm'

Vladd nods in agreement.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Seeras had a wisdom that most lack, and some cannot even perceive.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'His weapon was kindness, his tactics, generosity and encouragement. '

Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor presses his pale lips together.
Stabye claps approvingly.
Elia nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Where many would see only the darkness in someone, Seeras could find their light. '
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Victory for him was bringing a soul CLOSER to the fold rather than slicing it away.'

A Child of Light Lieutenant shifts his weight quietly.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Disarming friendliness, good humor, and an ability to set his own pride aside aided his battle.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'His very strategy was to have no strategy, but instead to respond to each situation with thoughtfulness,'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'to dispense fairness to those who had strayed from the path, and like a shepherd, BRING THEM HOME.'

Vladd nods in agreement.
Aira smiles fondly.
Ron nods in agreement.
Akaon nods in agreement.
Tark nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Kaan ponders silently.
You knock on the bench in approval.
Tark says 'Well said'
Tamira nods to herself.
Laef nods in agreement.
Kaan grins warmly.
Bakkus nods in agreement.
Vladd nods in agreement.
Devon nods in agreement.
Gregoire says 'here here'
Elia nods in agreement.
Kaan nods silently.
Aira nudges Tahla suggestively with her elbow.
Ron nods at Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.
Tahla beams a smile at Aira.
Kaan's eyes sparkle in delight as he cackles quietly at the other reactions.
Raal snaps to attention and salutes Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander raps his ring on the pommel of his sword, walking slowly across the stage, pondering his last words.
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander looks up again, relaxing his shoulders.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Not everyone is capable of being this way. I certainly am not. But all of us can strive towards his example. '
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Lord Seeras showed that none of us have to be saints in order to have an impact, and to make a difference.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'I close with my opening, and ask you to take a moment to think about how you will be remembered.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Let us all strive to be remembered as being as wise and honorable as Lord Seeras. Let us live fully engaged, and not let our focus on our goals obscure how we treat one another. Let the victory not obscure the battle. Let death not obscure living.'
Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander says 'Rest in the Peace of the Creators bosom, Lord Seeras Qay.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander steps back, folding his hands behind his back.

The sun sets over the fields.

Devon sits pondering the Captain Commander's statement.
Aira looks up to the sky again. Closing words and a setting sun. The Creator is watching.
Roxy looks up at the sky and just breathes.
Fuujin nods in agreement.
Elia quietly wipes away a tear.
Amilia stares at the sky.
Achillies says 'good bye buddy'
Taydelli smiles with glistening eyes as he looks to the heavens.
Weir bows his head in remembrance.
Tahla hugs Achillies.
Vladd nods in agreement.
Jania nods.
Gregoire mouths a silent prayer.
Lorcam sniffs sadly.
Ashlee closes her eyes softly, her head bowed.
Ron slowly looks toward the ground and closes his eyes.
Tark lowers his head saying a silent prayer.
Rayven says 'The Creator has taken one of us home. '
Rayven says 'Dedicated at any cost, we bring the Light to those who are lost.'
Tahla smiles softly as she whispers to herself' May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander steps forward, and gives a meaningful glance to the Lieutenant.
A Child of Light Lieutenant says 'CHILDREN AND HAND, RISE.'

Vladd stands at attention.
Raal stands forward at attenton, hand on his sword.
Keim stands at attention.
Vladd stands at attention.
Stabye stands at attention.
Halfhand steps forward at attention.
Rayven stands at attention.
Aira stands at attention.
Roxy stands at attention.
Akaon stands at attention.
Bakkus stands at attention.
Higgert Ci'tanaf stands.
Lynel stands to attention.
Anor steps forward from his place in the shadows, and stands at attention.
Tark clambers to his feet.

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander nods at a Child of Light Lieutenant.
A Child of Light Lieutenant says 'Let us all give a final salute to Lord Seeras.'

Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Rhadam Asunawa the High Inquisitor snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
A Child of Light Lieutenant snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Lynel snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Higgert snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Bakkus snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Vladd snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Raal snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Keim snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Halfhand snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Aira snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Tark snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Anor snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Lorcam snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Akaon snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Rayven snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Stabye snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Roxy snaps to attention and salutes grandly.

Tahla snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Pathos snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Tamira snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Isaah snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Hask snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Ashlee snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Aurelius snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Jania snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Fuujin snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Taydelli snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Ouryu snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Ron stops resting, and clambers on his feet.
Elia snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Ron snaps to attention and salutes grandly.
Gregoire snaps to attention and salutes grandly.

Chavaon slowly draws himself up to stand at full attention, all the the Lion Warden present standing behind him.
Chavaon draws a ceremonial dress sword from a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle with a flash of steel. The Lion Warden snap to attention.
Chavaon brings a ceremonial dress sword up blade raised above his head in a formal salute.
Chavaon says 'Lord Seeras was a friend, an honourable enemy, and always a great man. The Light of the Creator is brighter for his presence.'
Chavaon sheathes a ceremonial dress sword into a white leather belt with a golden lion buckle. The Lion Warden bow their heads in silent prayer.

A Child of Light Lieutenant whispers something to Pedron Niall, Lord Captain Commander.

A Child of Light Lieutenant says 'This concludes the official ceremony. The gates will be opened, and you are free to go. However,Anyone wanting to stick around and be together and say a few more things, especially those not in the Children of the Light, please feel free to meet in the Blue Grape.'

The night has begun.

Pathos says 'Hail and farewell my friend.'
Amilia whispers, 'I am so sorry...'
Higgert swallows hard and nods.
Tahla feels the tears roll down her face
Kaan says 'cheer up, Tahla.'
Tahla says 'He surely is smiling down on us.'
Tahla beams a smile at Kaan.
Stabye says 'Rest in Peace brother you will be sorely missed.'
Kaan beams a smile at Tahla.
Isaah says 'Whenever any of us passes from this life, we'll be welcomed by the Light that Seeras now makes shine that much brighter'
Aldevir stops using a lily.
Aldevir places a white lily on the memorial.
Mikey speaks a rumble of distant thunder" Glory to Lord Seeras may Mother forest comfort him in etirnal embrace."
Aira says 'You were my wingman. Keep on flying, brother.'
Ron begs and grovels to the powers that be.
Stabye hugs Aira.
Ashlee says 'May his sword stay forever sharp, and may the last embrace of the Mother welcome him home.'
Isaah hugs Aira.
Kaan peers closely at Ron, trying to figure him out.
You stop using a lily.
You place a white lily on the memorial.
Fuujin nods at Ashlee.
Tark says 'Lord Seeras Qay, you were a friend to all. You will be fondly remembered and sorely missed.'
Kaan nods at Ashlee.
Kaan stops using a lilly.
Kaan places a white lily on the memorial.
Aldevir says 'Rest well, Lord Seeras, you have earned your place at the Creator's side.'
Kaan beams a smile at Tark.
Kaan nods in agreement.
Rayven draws using a heron marked longsword from a white cloak with a crimson crook with a flash of steel.
Rayven stops using a white cloak with a crimson crook.
Rayven gently places a white cloak with a crimson crook on the memorial.
Higgert nods at Rayven and says 'Fitting, Lord Rayven'
Rayven says 'He was the shepherd who never led us.'
Higgert nods to himself, he must need reassurance.
You clap Higgert on the back.
Eros kneels down, head bowed down.."You will be miss Lord Seeras. We will keep smobbing for you here and one day we will all MUD together in the next life."
Mikey says 'not a brother of blood but a brother that helped me through my darkest hours'
Stabye stops using a white cloak with a crimson crook.
Stabye gently places a white cloak with a crimson crook on the memorial.
Tahla says 'Gods, Im crying so much here. Seeras, I miss you so much. My heart hurts.'
Tamira gently places a long-stemmed crimson rose on the memorial for Seeras.
Thank you for coming.
Stabye nods at Rayven.
Lady Vivienne looks to the Light. ^T9^
Fuujin comforts Tahla.
Stabye comforts Tahla.
Hask howls triumphantly.
Weir says 'The Light shine on you, and the Creator shelter you. The last embrace of the mother welcome you home, Lord Seeras.'
Weir lays a delicate wreath of golden roses intertwined with black ribbon on the memorial.
Devon hugs Tahla.
Mikey hugs Tahla.
Weir gets a delicate wreath of golden roses intertwined with black ribbon from a backpack.
Ron beams a smile at Tahla.
Jania wipes a tear from her eye, as she lays a comforting hand on Tahla's shoulder.

Vivienne says 'Thank you everyone for coming, I want you to be aware that Tommy's brother, Sam, and his mother, Sharren, have been with us in the Twitch room watching this live and they are still with us now.'

Thank you for coming.

Gretchen

Re: The Memory of a Child of Light never fades.

Post by Gretchen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:40 pm

:(

hasp

Post by hasp » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 pm

Never thought a text game would get me right in the feelers.

Leria

Post by Leria » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 am

This is how deep some of the bonds on this game run Hasp.

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:17 am

May the Last Embrace of the Mother welcome brother Seeras home.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:31 pm

I still hurt when I think of losing Tommy as a friend and a great mudder.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:40 pm

I think something that was really touching was that Tommy's family was watching it on Twitch live. I think that they were touched by the ceremony.

When I am feeling down I listen to Tommy on Youtube. I love that it makes me feel like I am in bar with him.

Tommy 9 Fingers

Quarter on the Mainline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwS5qLoujY

Oriental Express
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfaiTJ6rfU

Matters Much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNM7twA_OR8

Rentris

Post by Rentris » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Thank you for posting this :cry:

Miss this man

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:29 am

Rentris wrote:Thank you for posting this :cry:

Miss this man
Yeah , thanks for that :hug

Fuujin

Post by Fuujin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks for posting this. Seeras was one of my favorite people on the mud and he'll always be missed. The Light is a little dimmer with him gone.