A Cold Wind Blows from the North --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Joyce

A Cold Wind Blows from the North --- &RPaward

Post by Joyce » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 am

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o

Total: 1 qps

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. A cold wind blew down the Tar Valon road. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning

I's tired of fighting, running, and surviving. Thought the red headed lass as she lumbered haggardly into Caemlyn. The young girl had went by Joyce, it was her grandmother's name given to her by her da. Caemlyn was quiet this evening, much like it was every evening for a long time. Joyce stumbled and fell down exhausted on the Skywalk over the Inner City. She wiped away tears and stared angrily at the city. Joyce sat down and rest her back against a half wall.

She dozed off momentarily before a delicious smelling plate of yellow peppers and pork was laid gently into her lap and a large water skin made of a dried leather animal skin descended into her hands.

"The Light shines on even the most obstinate it seems. Came from the mouth of a young copper skinned lady. Joyce was taken aback, but did not say anything, the girl in the white dress, with colored bands at the hem disappeared down the walk. Without any hesitation Joyce devoured the plate of food and drank her fill, watching carefully to make sure no one had saw her.

I's reckon I's'll show dem who is not teachable. She thought as she wiped her face off. Picking herself up from the ground Joyce stabilized herself against the half rail. Pulling a gold crown from her pocket with a sigh of relief she made her way to the Queen's Blessing Inn and found reception with Basel Gil and took up room.