Neela's Advice for Wisdom Applicants --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Racquel

Neela's Advice for Wisdom Applicants --- &RPaward

Post by Racquel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 am

Ely edit 20 Jul 2021.

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : x
Length bonus +1-2 qps : o

Summary: +1 qps : o

Total: 5 qps to Thena since she was the original author.

I pulled this from my old logs. The original is courtesy of Thena.

Neela's Advice for Wisdom Applicants

OR

To Bring To Your Homes the Full, Glorious Spectacle Of Gumbie Theatre

In the Private Quarters
This is a very tidy room, lined with neatly made bunks and sparkling clean.
Jurien the Innkeeper must clean this area constantly. The floor is scrubbed
clean and the wood shines with a glowing patina from years of travel and
care. A few pieces of furniture stand in the center of the room to be used
by Wisdoms and students alike.
A board is mounted on a wall here.
Beathas has left a note to read here.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
A small, somewhat rickety table wobbles on unsteady legs.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
The apprentice is here, tending the stores.
Jessea the Midwife is sitting here on a stout oaken chair.
Jurien the Innkeeper stands here inspecting the quarters.

Jessea looks at the apprentice.

You say 'I think that Neela should be working.'

You nod to yourself. Very reassuring.

You say 'In fact ...'

You say 'Why isn't Neela already working?'

You glare icily at her [Neela].

The apprentice lets out a frightened squeak before bustling around the room looking busy.

You nod to yourself. Very reassuring.

You say 'And I think I should be relaxing ...'

[cough]
Yuck, try to cover your mouth next time!

You say 'I mean, hard at work giving Neela emotional support.'

Jessea says 'I think the apprentice process has changed too much over the past few years. I've heard stories ...'

You say 'What do you mean changed too much?'

Jessea says 'That other wisdoms have told me about their time as an apprentice. Either we have gotten too soft or their memories are dull.'

Jessea snickers softly.

You giggle.

Jessea says 'These girls today that apply, it's dreadful.'

You say 'It is probably a bit of both. It's a good thing that we have a person with such an amazing memory to keep us all straight.'

You point at yourself. Insinuating something?

Jessea says 'Half the time this one just sits around.'

You say 'Mmmm ... now that you mention it, Neela does appear to be daydreaming again.'

The apprentice leans up against the cupboard she is supposed to be dusting and lets out a long sigh.

Jessea says 'As you know I haven't been in the circle for all that long, but I certainly did more than she.'

Jessea sighs loudly.

Jessea glares at the apprentice.

emote raises her voice, a twinkle in her eye, and says loudly 'I wonder if she ever heard back from that Calzone boyfriend of hers?'
Ok.

The apprentice blushes.

Jessea chuckles quietly.

The apprentice goes back to dusting the cupboard furiously, blushing all the while.

Jessea says 'That's just it. Boys! Who has time for all that rubbish.'

emote hops up onto the table and sits down, cross-legged atop it.
Ok.

Jessea says 'And so many just want to daydream their life away.'

Jessea sighs loudly.

You say 'Well, I don't know about calling them 'rubbish' ...'

[daydream]
You dream of better times.

Jessea looks about the room.

Jessea sits down on a stout oaken chair.
Jessea sheathes a dark, grim axe into a dark, hooded cloak.

Jessea chuckles quietly.

Jessea says 'Maybe not, but from my experience they're not worth half the hassle.'

Jessea snickers softly.

The apprentice daydreaming again drops a vase with a loud crash.

You say 'NEELA!'

Jessea clambers to her feet.

[grumble Neela]
Grumble, grumble.

Jessea goes to the corner and grabs a broom.

Jessea walks over to Neela and stares her in the eyes.

emote glares at the broom distrustfully.
Ok.

The apprentice fidgets under Jessea's gaze.

Jessea says 'Tell me, what were you thinking about when you dropped that vase?'

Jessea says 'Were you going over ingredients or remedies in your head?'

The apprentice mumbles something about 'Nothing Midwife'

Jessea says 'Nothing at all. A completely empty brain.'

Jessea sighs loudly.

The apprentice says 'Well, I guess you might call it a remedy Midwife.'

The apprentice blushes.

Jessea hands Neela the broom.

The apprentice says 'A remedy for a lonely heart.'

Jessea sighs loudly.

The apprentice gets to work sweeping but, starting to daydream again, trips over her own broom.

You stare at the sky.

Jessea says 'Oh Neela, what are we going to do with you?'

Jessea sits down on a stout oaken chair.

You say 'Neela hun, come on over here and have a chat with us. You can finish your chores later.'

Jessea says 'But that is exactly my point: when I was an apprentice Leola had me travelling the countryside looking for herbs and practicing their preparation.'

The apprentice sidles over to take a seat next to Jessea, propping her broom in the corner along the way.

Jessea says 'I had to speak to peoples of different lands and learn their ways.'

You nod in agreement.

Jessea says 'There was no time for half the daydreaming.' <-- ['half the daydreaming' ... so there was time for a little 'ey? *blink*]

Jessea chuckles quietly.

Jessea says 'I'm sorry Neela, I shouldn't have let my temper get the best of me.'

The apprentice mumbles 'No need to say sorry Midwife. I deserved it.'

You say 'Neela is having problems as a 'Prentice, but I am willing to bet that they started as an applicant.'

You say 'Maybe we should look a bit further back though.'

Jessea puts a finger to her lower lip, lost in thought.

Jessea says 'You may be right about that, Wisdom.'

You say 'Neela hun, what is the most vivid thing you remember about your time as a Wisdom applicant?'

Jessea looks to Neela awaiting her answer.

The apprentice fidgets in her seat, not meeting the gaze of either of the two ladies in front of her.

Jessea gets a glass of wine from a sack.

The apprentice says 'I guess it would be how many different Wisdoms I spoke to.'

The apprentice says 'There were so many of them and they all wanted to speak to me and ask me questions.'

Jessea says 'How many was that Apprentice?'

Jessea says 'They sought you out?'

The apprentice says 'I can't remember Midwife. But it was a large number. No, they didn't seek me out, they expected me to find them and set up a meeting myself.'

Jessea nods slowly to herself.

The apprentice says 'I remember after my apprenticeship began that Wisdom Leola mentioned how lucky I was to speak to so many different Wisdoms.'

The apprentice says 'She said that each Wisdom can only vote on an applicant if she has had contact with the applicant.'

The apprentice says 'So by speaking to many different Wisdoms I improved my chances of having them vote for me.'

Jessea says 'That was true for me as well. Perhaps things haven't change that much.'

You say 'Hmpf. When I was an applicant the only thing that mattered was the size of the bribe you offered the Sisterhood.'

You say 'Oh wait ...'

You say 'That was back at home in Tanchico, not here with the Sisterhood.'

[blush]
Your cheeks are burning.

Jessea ponders this slowly.

Jessea says 'Bribes ... yes ... I mean ...'

Jessea shakes herself a little.

emote continues on in a rush 'What about the rest of the process Neela, what did the Wisdoms ask you about?'
Ok.

Jessea says 'And was there anything that you were supposed to do?'

The apprentice continues slowly, still not meeting the gaze of the two Wisdoms 'Well, first they asked me whether I was a Light-fearing citizen.'

The apprentice fidgets in her chair.

You whisper to Jessea 'I wonder what she means by that?'

You peer closely at her [Neela], trying to figure her out.

Jessea whispers to you, 'Neela isn't witted enough to be a darkfriend.'

emote taps the hilt of her dagger patiently.
Ok.

Jessea says 'Neela, what do you think they meant by that?'

The apprentice says 'Weeeell ... they wanted to know if I had killed any innocents, whether I could boast of a trophy of innocents.'

The apprentice says 'The Wisdoms were most adamant that I would not be accepted if I had killed innocent people.'

You say 'Innocent? Did we mention what we meant by innocent?'

You ponder life, the universe, and everything.

The apprentice says 'Well, I was told that any ordinary folk (humanoid mobs) that do not attack me are innocent. And heroes of the land (player controlled characters) who live in these lands (LS) are innocent.'

The apprentice says 'If by some strange and miraculous reason I did manage to hurt a hero (pc) I could still be accepted if they contacted to Sisterhood and explained (resets on trophy are acceptable if proof is given).'

Jessea says 'But what of those who would harm others? Friends of the dark or highwaymen?'

The apprentice says 'I was told that those were not acceptable either Midwife. '

Jessea nods to the apprentice in agreement.

The apprentice says 'I have since learned that the Sisterhood prides itself on healing and caring and does not encourage its applicants or apprentices to go out hunting evil doers.'

The apprentice squirms about on her seat, making it creak alarmingly under her bulk.

You whisper to Jessea 'I see that Neela has been taking after our dear old Granny Laef.'

You giggle.

Jessea snickers softly.

Jessea examines the table and gasps.

Jessea says 'I baked two cakes and laid them out this morning.'

You say 'What about trouble Neela, were you in trouble when you came to us?'

The apprentice looks up at you with shock in her face.

The apprentice says 'Of course not Wisdom!'

The apprentice gasps in astonishment.

Jessea says 'Neela, not in trouble? '

Jessea chuckles quietly.

emote lets her eyes wander over to the mess in the corner, seemingly forgetting Neela for the moment.
Ok.

The apprentice continues to fidget under Jessea's gaze.

Jessea says 'What sort of trouble were you referring to Thena?'

You say 'Whaaa?'

Jessea says 'There are many different types of trouble. Man, money the list goes on.'

You say 'Oh ... trouble?'

You say 'I was just wondering whether Neela was a wanted criminal, hunted by any of the justice organisations of the land.'

emote chuckles as she mentions Neela and criminal in the same sentence.
Ok.

Jessea nods in agreement.

You say 'Neela, what do you think would have happened if you were a criminal, warranted in any land?'

The apprentice thinks hard.

The apprentice says 'You ... would not have accepted me?'

emote nods to herself thoughtfully.
Ok.

You say 'Well ... we're not a heartless bunch of meanies are we Jessea?'

You say 'We would at least have given her the chance to get out of the trouble, wouldn't we?'

Jessea says 'Of course not. Just because someone has had a past doesn't mean they cannot change.'

The apprentice listens carefully to the two women in front of her.

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Zigackly!'

You say 'We wouldn't have allowed little Neela here to become a 'Prentice, but we would have given her a fair chance to be pardoned for her crimes before the application process was over.'

Jessea snickers at Thena's use and abuse of language.

You tickle Jessea.

You say 'Well, we know that you weren't in any trouble when you came to us Neela.'

Jessea says 'What I am curious about though, is if there was anything that you were supposed to do before becoming an applicant?'

The apprentice begins hesitantly but then falters, still thinking.

Jessea says 'It's alright Neela, Take your time.'

Jessea sips her wine.

The apprentice says 'Well, I was expected to be at least lvl 15.'

The apprentice says 'And before I became an apprentice properly, I had to become at least lvl 25.'

The apprentice says 'I remember that you, Wisdom Thena, mentioned that spending time with various Wisdoms, having them help me to reach lvl 25 was an excellent way to let them get to know me. Being out in fresh air instead of in a stuffy room with tea and an interview works just as well ... and is productive too!'

Jessea says 'And after you were ready to apply, how did you go about doing so?'

The apprentice says 'I wrote a letter Midwife, wrote it and addressed it to the Sisterhood.'

emote snorts and mutters under her breath about needing a new desk after Neela's thesis broke it.
Ok.

The apprentice blushes.

The apprentice says 'I'm sorry Wisdom, I know that my letter was a bit long but I wanted to make sure that I made a good impression. I kept on thinking of more and more things to say. I got a bit carried away didn't I?'

You say 'Don't worry about it hun. An applicant's letter is, after all, the first impression that we get of her so it is important that she make an effort to impress us with it.'

You say 'But that doesn't neccessarily mean that she should tell us her whole life's story. An application letter should contain important facts: why the girl wishes to train as a Wisdom, why she believes she would be an asset to the Sisterhood and so on.'

Jeseea says 'And don't forget that just because a girl's letter is 10 pages long and written using complicated language that we will automatically be impressed. What we look for in letters is evidence of originality and creativity, a demonstration that the applicant is willing to work hard and that her heart is in the right place.'

You say 'Absolutely Jess. All of these things require that the letter be longer than two sentences, but that doesn't mean it has to be long enough to shame a Gleeman.'

You think hard.

You say 'Did you meet any of the other girls who were applying at the same time as you Neela?'

The apprentice says 'Oh yes indeed! There were so many of them and they were all so fun and different!'

You say 'What did you think of those girls Neela?'

The apprentice continues on enthusiastically 'Oh, I loved the ones who told stories about how they fought trollocs and killed bad men all day long. They were so brave!'

The apprentice says, her eyes shining with excitement 'And the ones who did pretty things with Salaman ... with Saidy ... Sai ... the One Power all day long were also very exciting!'

Jessea says 'They sound interesting. Do you keep in touch with them?'

[frown]
What's bothering you?

Jessea shivers at the mention of the One Power.

The apprentice says 'No Midwife. None of those girls became apprentices because the Wisdoms didn't like girls who weren't interested in healing and caring. I haven't heard from them since because I have been so busy learning.' <-- [For clarity's sake, we now DO accept female channelers again.]

emote winks slyly at Jessea before asking 'Why do you think that is Neela?'
Ok.

The apprentice says 'Well ... I know that the Sisterhood doesn't forbid us from fighting.'

The apprentice says 'And often a Wisdom has no choice but to fight, for example to protect her villagers from harm.'

Jessea nods at the apprentice.

The apprentice says 'But often the girls who come to love fighting too much, who spend so much time doing so right at the beginning of their careers, just aren't willing to work hard at learning how to be a good Wisdom'

You smile at her [Neela].

Jessea says 'Neela, I think you may be exactly right.'

You say 'There is not much chance of our own dear Neela running off to join the army is there?'

You blink your eyes innocently.

The apprentice says in a big rush 'Oh no Wisdom, my Caldur is a soldier! I would love to be in the army with him!'

[frown]
What's bothering you?

Jessea arches an eyebrow.

You say 'This Colpo fellow again! Isn't he a Seanchan Neela?'

The apprentice blushes.

The apprentice mumble 'Yes Wisdom, he is.'

Jessea says 'Caldur, I thought you had your eyes one Naelum.'

Jessea says 'A Seanchan.'

Jessea says 'Light woman, what has gotten into you?'

Jessea says 'See Wisdom, this is what happens when young women think on men instead of their duties.'

Jessea sighs loudly.

You say 'Capone Jess, Capone, not Caldur. At least get the silly man's name right!'

You roll your eyes.

The apprentice frowns.

You say 'Well, I don't think the problem has to do with Neela's application. She seems to understand what we expect of our applicants.'

You say 'Can you think of any more questions Jess hun?'

The apprentice slumps down in her seat, daydreaming after the mention of Caldur.

emote frowns in the direction of Neela.
Ok.

Jessea says 'There is one other thing.'

Jessea says 'With talk of all the things that were required of you, you have yet to mention anything about your behaviour.'

The apprentice looks comical with a confused expression on her face.

The apprentice says 'What do you mean by that Midwife?'

Jurien the Innkeeper sighs loudly. <-- [Fortuitous co-incidental fortuosity indeed! Go Jurien!]

emote slips unnoticed off the table while Jessea is engaged with Neela and fetches the broom.
Ok.

Jessea says 'When I applied, the letter I received in reply from Wisdom Jennifer was emphatic that I behave as a Wisdom should.'

The apprentice says 'Oooooh, you mean I should already have been helping people and caring for those that needed caring?'

Jessea says 'I took that to mean that I should try to tend to the young or weary or any other who could use my assistance.'

Jessea says 'Exactly.'

The apprentice says 'Of course I did THAT Midwife. Although I did run into some trouble while trying to do so once,'

Jessea says 'How so?'

emote stealthily and quietly slips the broomstick under Jessea's feet and ties her boots to the stick.
Ok.

emote hops back onto the table and takes her seat just in time to catch Neela's explanation.
Ok.

The apprentice says 'Well ... one day a young man asked me to heal his Da.'

Jessea nods at the apprentice.

The apprentice says 'But at that time I didn't know much about herbs because I wasn't yet an apprentice.'

Jessea says 'What did you do?'

The apprentice says 'Needless to say, I tried to heal the man, but I made a mess of things. We had to call a proper Wisdom to undo the damage that I had done.'

The apprentice says 'The lesson that I learned was that although I was supposed to act like I thought a Wisdom should, I shouldn't try to do things beyond my knowledge and training.'

Jessea stands and starts to walk toward Neela to comfort her and instead trips over a broom and falls on her face.

You gasp in astonishment.

Jessea says 'How did.'

Jessea growls menacingly.

emote hops to her feet and rushes to help Jessea up. <-- [Whilst simultaneously hiding a smirk behind her veil. *blink*]
Ok.

You say 'You poor dear!'

Jessea says 'Thank you Wisdom.'

You say 'Here, let me give you a snuggle to make you feel better.'

You snuggle her [Jessea].

You snuggle her.

You say 'See, healing snuggles!'

Jessea takes Thena's hand and lets her pull her up.

Jessea smiles at you.

You say 'You really should be more careful where you walk hun.'

emote smiles ever so sweetly and innocently at Jessea.
Ok.

You say 'So what you are saying, Neela, is that although you were already acting as a Wisdom, the reason you wanted to become one was to learn from us. And you shouldn't have pretended that you already had that learning before you ever became one?'

You nudge her [Neela] with your elbow.

emote looks pointedly at Neela, gesturing toward Jessea with her eyes.
Ok.

Jessea resettles herself into her chair.

The apprentice gets up and helps Jessea untangle herself from the broom.

The apprentice says 'Yes Wisdom, that is exactly what I mean.'

Jessea says 'How did this thing get so entangled?'

Jessea sighs loudly.

The apprentice keeps hold of the broom and begins to sweep the broken vase up as she continues 'All of the learning that I do as an apprentice is really hard work. But it is also very rewarding. I don't blame the Wisdoms for making me work so hard because all that I learn is very important and I will one day be a better woman for all of it.'

You nod in agreement.

You comfort her [Jessea].

The apprentice continues to sweep the floor, reciting herb lessons under her breath as she does so.

Jurien the Innkeeper smiles happily. <-- [Fortuitous co-incidental fortuosity indeed! Go Jurien!]

You whisper to Jessea 'Methinks that she has her mind back on the work.'

You whisper to Jessea 'She seems to have forgotten all about this Calpotz character.'

Jessea whispers to you, 'For now ... give it thirty seconds.'

The apprentice wanders off towards the herb garden, humming as she does so.

[look]
In the Private Quarters
This is a very tidy room, lined with neatly made bunks and sparkling clean.
Jurien the Innkeeper must clean this area constantly. The floor is scrubbed
clean and the wood shines with a glowing patina from years of travel and
care. A few pieces of furniture stand in the center of the room to be used
by Wisdoms and students alike.
A board is mounted on a wall here.
Beathas has left a note to read here.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
A small, somewhat rickety table wobbles on unsteady legs.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
Jessea the Midwife is sitting here on a stout oaken chair.
Jurien the Innkeeper stands here inspecting the quarters.

You say 'I hope not Jess dear, I hope not.'

Jessea whispers to you, 'If not Calpo ... er Caldar or whoever it will be some other.'

Jessea chuckles quietly.

You say 'Well, what did you think of our little Neela's thoughts on her application Jess?'

Jessea says 'I think she has the right of it. Hopefuls applying to become Wisdoms should all be trying to do similar things. I'm afraid that will probably never be the case, but I can hope.'

Jessea smiles at you.

You sigh.

You say 'That's true indeed. So many of our last batch had to be turned down right away because they didn't follow even the simplest of our guidelines.'

You say 'Maybe we should get Neela to talk to the next batch of applicants and guide them.'

You think really hard.

You say 'Or maybe not ... there are enough broken vases around here already!'

Jessea chuckles quietly.

Jessea says 'Perhaps not Neela, but perhaps Yissia could use some extra chores.'

You say 'You're just lucky that I was here to help you hun. That was a nasty fall!'

You say 'It's a good thing that Thena was here to save the day, as she usually does!'

You flex your muscles. Wow! You're buff!

Jessea says 'I thank you for that. Had it not been for you I don't know where I would be.'

You giggle.

You snuggle her [Jessea].

You snuggle her.

You snuggle her.

Jessea snickers softly.
Last edited by Racquel on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racquel

Re: Neela's Advice for Wisdom Applicants

Post by Racquel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 am

Jessea says 'And after you were ready to apply, how did you go about doing so?'

The apprentice says 'I wrote a letter Midwife, wrote it and addressed it to the Sisterhood.'

emote snorts and mutters under her breath about needing a new desk after Neela's thesis broke it.
Ok.

The first step in applying to become a Wisdom apprentice is to write to us once we advertise that we are open for applications or you have found a Wisdom who is willing to sponsor you and accept you as her apprentice outside of the clanning period.

Bear in mind that this letter is usually the first contact that we have with you so it is important that it presents you in the best light possible. It is easy to judge how much effort has been put into the writing of an applicant's letter and we are very critical of the ones that show little or no effort. After all, if you can't bothered to spend a little effort on one of the easiest parts of your application, what chance is there that you will in the hard parts? This means that things like good spelling, punctuation and grammar are very important as well as the use of paragraphs. There is little less appealing than having to wade through a wall of text.

Your letter should include things such as a brief explanation of who you are (possibly a small bit of your life history), why you wish to become a Wisdom and what you feel you have to offer to the Sisterhood. Your letter need not be long however it should show that you have put a decent amount of effort into it. A short 2-liner rarely does this.

What we look for in an applicant's letter is some hint of their personality, a clue to what we could expect of them as an apprentice. This includes things like creativity, originality, evidence of a willingness to work hard and, although it is not as important as the others, a basic understanding of the Sisterhood of Wisdoms, what we stand for and what we aim to achieve.
emote continues on in a rush 'What about the rest of the process Neela, what did the Wisdoms ask you about?'
Ok.

Jessea says 'And was there anything that you were supposed to do?'

The apprentice continues slowly, still not meeting the gaze of the two Wisdoms 'Well, first they asked me whether I was a Light-fearing citizen.'

The apprentice fidgets in her chair.

It is the policy of the Wisdoms not to accept any applicants who are not light fearing citizens. This means that if you have a reputation as a trouble maker or as an overly bloodthirsty individual we will not look kindly on your application. You should consider your past deeds long and hard before applying to join the Sisterhood.
You say 'What about trouble Neela, were you in trouble when you came to us?'

The apprentice looks up at you with shock in her face.

The apprentice says 'Of course not Wisdom!'

The apprentice gasps in astonishment.

Jessea says 'Neela, not in trouble? '

Jessea chuckles quietly.

We do not accept any new apprentices with any sort of warrant besides Seanchan and Shadow ones. However this does not mean that we do not accept applicants with warrants .. you may still apply however you will not be accepted as an apprentice until you are pardoned.

We are, of course, impressed by applicants who work hard to overcome hardships. Thus using a warrant as a unique and novel topic of conversation (yes, believe it or not, the classic 'What do you think it means to be a Wisdom?' line of questioning does get dull after a few times) is an excellent way of showing your creativity and originality but, unless you are able to have the warrant removed before your application is over, impressing us will not achieve much.

No matter how impressed we are by you, we will not accept you until you are no longer warranted by any land.
The apprentice fidgets in her seat, not meeting the gaze of either of the two ladies in front of her.

Jessea gets a glass of wine from a sack.

The apprentice says 'I guess it would be how many different Wisdoms I spoke to.'

The apprentice says 'There were so many of them and they all wanted to speak to me and ask me questions.'

In order to make our decision on which applicants to accept, each Wisdom votes 'yay or nay'. To do this, we need to speak to all of our applicants in order to get a good impression of each one.

There are a limited number of places for apprentices each round of clanning so if there are a large number of promising applicants, only the ones with the most votes will be selected.

The only way to ensure that you get a large number of yes votes is to seek out and speak to many different Wisdoms during the application process. It is the responsibility of the applicant to do this, not Wisdoms. If you see a Wisdom online and neglect to speak to her and set about having an interview, you will not get one.

Not only do you improve your chances of successfully being voted for by speaking to many different Wisdoms, but it shows us that you are committed. You have a full 3 weeks from the time applications open to when voting starts and if you cannot be bothered to make an effort to speak to us during that time, why should we wish to accept you into our ranks?
You say 'What did you think of those girls Neela?'

The apprentice continues on enthusiastically 'Oh, I loved the ones who told stories about how they fought trollocs and killed bad men all day long. They were so brave!'

The apprentice says, her eyes shining with excitement 'And the ones who did pretty things with Salaman ... with Saidy ... Sai ... the One Power all day long were also very exciting!'

Among the Wisdoms are women from all walks of life with a wide variety of backgrounds and skills. We have, in the past, accepted apprentices who are warriors and channelers, rogues and hunters and did not discriminate against class. Despite the reputation that we have gained for being a "channie clan" we welcome diversity. There has previously been a policy discriminating against female channelers from joining us.

The clan focuses heavily on RP. This does not mean that Wisdoms are prohibited from PKing nor does it mean that a lot of them don't do it often. However alongside that PK comes a healthy does of RP and, because it is early in their career, we expect our apprentices to do a healthy amount of RP in the form of character development and growth. This means that we prefer applicants who do not focus on PK and who show the potential to RP well. While we won't turn you away immediately if you are a heavy PKer, we will require you to work extra hard to show us that you have a lot of RP potential.

Things that impress us include creativity, being able to think quickly on your feet and react to unexpected situations as well as the ability to show many different facets of your character.
Jessea says 'With talk of all the things that were required of you, you have yet to mention anything about your behaviour.'

The apprentice looks comical with a confused expression on her face.

The apprentice says 'What do you mean by that Midwife?'

Jurien the Innkeeper sighs loudly.

We expect our applicants to behave as they believe a Wisdom should be behaving. This means that they should be helping people, caring for those in need and not drawing negative attention to themselves.

This does not mean that they should be immediately engaging in complex and death defying surgical operations or resolving disputes between warring clans. Bear in mind that applicants have not even yet begun studying to become a Wisdom and should act appropriately.