Oh Lore-d.

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Elysia

Oh Lore-d.

Post by Elysia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello everyone,

In an effort to spice things up a bit, we as Staff decided that we want to include some lore to the game. Like, what made Ragnor a smuggler. How did the Renegade Commander end up in his current position. Problem is, we have usually no idea what the idea was when these smobs were built. :roll:

So, we'd like to recruit your help. Do you know the backstory of a smob? Like how did Meneril turn out to be a bad guy and how did he return into good favor with the Cairhienin court? Any idea why Layten d'Hael left the Whitecloaks?

Ideally, we can present these small bits of backstory through mobs. Like a mob in Four Kings commenting on Roland. If you know these things and could present them in the form of dialogue, that saves us a bit of work.

If it turns out no one knows anything, perhaps we'll just have to re-invent the so-called wheel and start from scratch. In which case I'd suggest you use forums to coordinate efforts, so there's not suddenly 3 backstories to Pravus, or something. :P

Alison

Re: Oh Lore-d.

Post by Alison » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 am

I always thought Plains mistress was this scorned woman from one of the other smobs. Her heart was broken so she went evil , or darker than a woman should after her heart is broken.

Vampa

Post by Vampa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:49 am

We're actually looking for historically accurate information :) Like the Mountain King in the Misty Mountains becoming a Darkfriend Ogier, etc.

Vaen

Post by Vaen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 am

I assumed a few of the more generic ones were simply CircleMUD/DikuMUD leftovers. Mountain King being an example of that, Roland, Aylia, and the "bandit" or random "spectral" types possibly being others. They're not necessarily WoTish with WoTish backgrounds because they were never from WoT.

Mronz

Post by Mronz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm

This could be an interesting project, sadly I have no idea and have never heard any lore, regarding any smob, except Jonar, and that's just his aes sedai died or something.
But, this could be a great time to actually rework a lot of the non-wot smobs...
like the fire deamonds, and all those totally non-randland smobs that exist, that I'm drawing a blank on.

alima

Post by alima » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Mronz wrote:This could be an interesting project, sadly I have no idea and have never heard any lore, regarding any smob, except Jonar, and that's just his aes sedai died or something.
But, this could be a great time to actually rework a lot of the non-wot smobs...
like the fire deamonds, and all those totally non-randland smobs that exist, that I'm drawing a blank on.
I like this idea. If you have to start from the scratch with the lore, it might be a good opportunity to update them to be more wotish.

Here's my contribution to the topic. I'm pretty sure ED is a damane who didn't like being damane and so she escaped. I know. You're welcome. :P

Iskveri

Post by Iskveri » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:56 am

I've been here since '97 or '98 and been chummy with Nass, Aennor, etc through the years and whenever I asked anything about lore they sort of just shrugged their shoulders and told me to track down their builders. Nobody seemed to write anything down or think it important.