A Different Path --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Alison

A Different Path --- &RPaward

Post by Alison » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Ely edit 26 Jul 2021

This one had already been awarded. I added the record to the relevant note so it will count for RP ranks in the future.

The early morning remains quiet and serene as always. She wraps her arms calmly into her lap and look out of the North Easter Tower of Tar Valon.
Deep inside of her mind she sits and wraps the oneness around her like a comfortable blanket. A sigh escapes from one of the Guards down the stairs and she dismisses it as if is of no consequences..

Her mind climbs over the days as a child, running around and her mother yelling at her, "Dont do that Ali, you are going to hurt yourself.""

"Mother, there is no reason for worry. I have calculated all the variables and made sure that i have complete control of the rope as I cross over
the river. And can you please stop calling me Ali. My name is Alison." she remembers frowning at the older woman. The woman was the epitome of a hard working farmer, gladly giving of her crops to the city of Tar valon.

In her mind she examines the days following her life and it is as if she is looking out over every effort she has ever put into all that she has done. At times she was brusqee and at other times she was marked as idle brained. How do you explain to someone that your mind is calculating the trajetory of a leaf as it crosses your path or the strength of will it needs to withstand healing from a girl in banded white?

She folds her hands into her lap and gaze inward as the quiet of the morning compliments her meditative mood. She has studied with the Yellow ajah for almost 2 years now. It has been a journey of discovery and of hope found. Her time was spent well in what was clearly at the time the most logical route to follow. Just like when she was trying to tell her mother she was in control of that rope.

She wasn't. The one variable she didn''t anticipate was that the rope was old and at its apex of her swing, broke and plunged her into the icy cold water.
Her mother grasped her and held her shivering body while she contemplated her arrogance at the time. Like that experience taught her not to be too confident in her knowledge of the journey she will follow, this too must change.

"I hear you are now being called by your full name, Alison Lily San. Why the sudden change?" asks Raya behind her. The wisdom has come to join her in this early morning vigil.

""Yes. As much as i like to remain who i liked everyone to call me, i cannot see or feel the need to be called by a nickname my mother dreamt up whenever my life didnt meet up with her expectation. I was born Alison Lily San. I am a Tower Accepted and it is time to adjust the sails of my journey."

"Then what puzzles you so my friend?" says the voice behind her. It is echoing the one from inside as well."

" I have to follow another journey. The path i have been on is leading me into a future i don't know if i want to go there. It is weighing heavily on my heart and I find meditation here to best help me understand what my mind and body wants."

She unfolds from her seated position, quietly stretching lean muscles and her left hand gently traces the jawbone that has lost all of its baby fat over the last few months. Best to face what is to come with confidence, Child. She tells herself as she hooks her arm into Raya''s.

They descend the stairs into the quarters and her mind searches for where she put the pen and paper. That letter to Elyse sedai must be written..

Brocas

Re: A Different Path

Post by Brocas » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Can we reward Alison with a small RP award for this story?