To catch a Darkfriend --- && RP Award

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Roberto

To catch a Darkfriend --- && RP Award

Post by Roberto » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:45 pm

Fen Edit 1-20-24

Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps :1
Length bonus +1-2 qps : 1
Part of a series +1 qps: o

Summary: +1 qps : x

A letter I sent out to many clans a while ago. It never publicly posted it.

---------------------------

Several young men and women in unremarkable clothing ran to the stable yard in Baerlon where their mounts were already set to go, and quickly head towards the gate to where they would scatter in all directions. One had even volunteered to attempt to meet with the Seanchan Seekers, a prospect that could mean death if one mistake was made, but they all knew the letters they carried were important enough to risk it. Two figures dressed in silver and black dusters stood watching everything take place. As Juilin Sander and Roberto al’Farth watched them leave, a solemn sigh escaped the lips of Juilin for he knew the dangers that would stand in the way of the young thief-catchers.

“You do enjoy making a big entrance Roberto, you haven’t even been back in the city a week and you are already allocating all our resources for something. How were you even able to chase this lead so fast.”

Roberto replied with a smirk, “You were the one that once made me Spymaster Juilin, I haven’t lost all of my touch.” He sat in silence until the last horse turned the corner towards the gate. “Honestly, I don’t know if they have gotten more brazen because of confidence or stupidity, but this one didn’t make it very difficult. I fear for what is coming next.”

As each thief-catcher reached their intended contact, they handed a scroll with a wax seal of dagger, letting it be known that the Thiefbane was sending a vital missive.

All Nations please be aware:

The known male channeler who is known as Koryak Kalligesto is a darkfriend. He walks with myrddraal and trolloc alike, and took place in an attack on Baerlon in an attempt to seize the city for the dark. He is know common murderer nor just a man inflicted by the taint due to his ability to channel. I, Roberto al’Farath, stake my name and my honor on this, as it was I who witnessed this firsthand, and will stand as witness to any who would question this claim.

May peace favor your sword.
Roberto al’Farath
Master Thiefbane

-Attached document

Headquarters of the Town Watch
[ obvious exits: W U ]
Zone: Baerlon
Door west: door
Door up: ladderhatch
West: A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze.
Up: A little boy plays here.
A bookshelf made from imported wood stands against the wall here.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Koryak Kalligesto, Editor is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A member of the Town Watch is here, fighting a myrddraal.
A boarish trolloc is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A boarish trolloc is here, fighting a member of the Town Watch.
A myrddraal is here, fighting the head of the Town Watch.
A member of the Town Watch is here, fighting a boarish trolloc.
The head of the Town Watch is here, fighting a myrddraal.

Roberto

Re: To catch a Darkfriend

Post by Roberto » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:50 pm

Operational Report
Author: Roberto Al’Farath
Subject: Trolloc invasion and the darkfriend Koryak Kalligesto

This report involves the recent discovery of known male channeler Koryak Kalligesto also being a darkfriend. After finalizing my reports for the evening, I left headquarters to have an evening drink, I was immediately met with the sound of trolloc howls in the city. After dispatching multiple trollocs that had been roaming the city, I went to ensure that the city guard’s headquarters were not compromised. I had reports of potential darkfriends had been operating in the area so I did not immediately summon assistance but took to the shadows to see what intelligence I could gleam.

I was able to sneak into the Headquarters of the town watch and It was at this time that I saw the male channeler Koryak Kalligesto fighting members of the town watch with a horde of trolloc and myrddraal by his side. I engaged him at the time and was immediately met with an attack that one would assume was from the one power. I retreated from the position heading back to headquarters so I could immediately send a missive to the White Tower seeking assistance. Throughout the city, members of the Queen’s Guard of Andor and the Town Guards of Baerlon were engaged both with trollocs and the darkfriend, so as soon as the missive was sent, I went into the streets to continue the battle against the invading hordes.

I was able to dispatch several of the trollocs but soon began to prioritize the darkfriend as it seemed he was doing the most damage to the guards attempting to fight him. The battle was not going well and I was not able to take advantage of any moments of weakness by the target. It was at this time the tower response came in the form of Eldrenia Sedai. She had dispatched in haste, obviously taking any mount she could find as she arrived on a cow. It is impressive to see one show up to battle on a cow, it is a technique I must learn to master at one point. Upon her arrival Koryak hastily retreated and I was able to assist the guards in clearing the area of the trolloc invasion.

A letter was sent to the tower with Eldrenia Sedai with my compiled evidence but as we did not hear back from the tower on the subject, a letter was also put together by the Thiefbane. With Juilin’s approval, all Thiefbane assets were mobilized to ensure as many as possible would receive the missive. We wish all the riders success and may the light be with them.

End of Report

Addendum - Koryak is now a known Darkfriend. The riders were successful and there are no casualties to report.

Second Addendum – The darkfriend has become a dreadlord. Though the name has changed, kill on sight.

Catisune

Re: To catch a Darkfriend

Post by Catisune » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 am

Really enjoying the insight into Thiefbane and all this RP, Roberto.