Veiled Shadows --- && RP Award

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Cassiel

Veiled Shadows --- && RP Award

Post by Cassiel » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:10 pm

Fen Edit 1-20-24

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : x
Length bonus +1-2 qps : x
Part of a series +1 qps: 1

Summary: +1 qps : x

Part 1: https://forums.wotmud.info/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p126516

15th, Taisham, 1436 NE

The night hung thick over the White Tower, a dark secret veiled by the velvet sky. In her chambers, Sorenya Sedai, draped in the distinctive shawl of her Ajah, sifted through the scattered reports. The flickering candlelight danced on the tales of lives extinguished, each page a haunting record.

Every report told a tale of tragedy and the loss of those gifted with the One Power. In the Tower's corridors, the echoes of their Sisters' names lingered, a melody of sorrow. Day after day, she dug into the details, a relentless quest for answers. Each report concluded with the same gruesome outcome, except one – the latest, a week prior, a report of Alandrea Sedai and Jalen Gaidin.

As she combed through the details, Sorenya noted the small traces of forkroot and a large amount of crimsonthorn found in their cups. A common thread in the details of her fallen Sisters, yet absent in the tales of those without White Tower training. In an Inn outside of Aringill, Jalen lay in a bed, a victim of crimsonthorn's paralytic grip, his body bearing savage slashes, his sword impaling his chest and piercing through the bed to the floor.

In an adjacent room, Alandrea Sedai's face froze in eternal shock. A dagger's silver handle marked the end of a word carved into her chest – 'Trust.' These details tugged at Sorenya's consciousness, memories flashing like specters, images of smoke and flame. There was no time to decipher these enigmatic visions before a dagger appeared against her throat. A raspy, yet oddly familiar voice ordered her to stay motionless.

Ominas

Re: Veiled Shadows

Post by Ominas » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:52 pm

I. Love. It.

I remember your first one and enjoyed that one as well. That cliff hanger messed me up, I wasn’t ready for it to end.

This feels more confident. Really well done.

Looking forward to the next one.