Bounties, Beauties and Baubles ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Hadis

Bounties, Beauties and Baubles ---&RPaward

Post by Hadis » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:26 am

Ely edit 17 December 2023:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o

Total: 1 qps

This was a five minute interaction in-game, exploded in to story mode. This is without their knowledge or permission and to be taken from my perspective, so hold nothing against them. RPKudos to Amarea and Chloro for staying in character.

Perspective: Hadis
Contributors: Amarea. Chloro.
=======================================================================================================

Hadis Jack lounged inconspicuously at the edges of the Warder’s Practice yard watching the masters work, which was quite the feat as he was still splattered in some gore and ichor. The warders barked orders to the students, correcting stances and positions as the practice lathes cracked together in a familiar rhythm. He wasn’t prideful enough to believe he knew more than others. Afterall, never knew when you might learn something useful. Sure, his well-used armor and assortment of weapons wasn’t as shiny as what they had in them there weapon racks, but they’d served him well enough so far. Knowledge was just as useful as skill… but today wasn’t about learnin. In this line of work, you keep moving forward. Profits were to be made.

Hadis patted at the leather pouch attached to his belt for reassurances that his bounty was still there. It may have looked like some random bit of jewelry to a pleb, but Hadis Jack knew better. It almost seemed to hum with a foreign power. Sure, it might have fetched some decent gold within the shady crowds of the underworld, but sometimes an investment can pay off more in the long run. So here he sat, patient as a spider.

Continuing to watch the crowd to pass the time, he saw a novice break away from the gaggle of white dressed girls watching the boys sweat. Walking within proximity to Hadis, glancing back over her shoulder to ensure she wasn’t missed from her group. She grabbed a still-frosty looking mug from behind a bench and took a long draw, a soft moan escaping her throat. She froze in place upon seeing him watch her.

A girl like that taking that much pleasure from some ale? Light, bet she was a bar-fly favorite before donning the chaste whites of slavery. Probably shipped out of town by her folks to save her from the sort of life Hadis could show her. The smell of the drink drifted over to him and he began salivating as well. That was no ale… that lass was drinking rum!

“An alcoholic in white. Light al’Mighty, you’re alright girl. I could show you some tricks to get some more past those old hens.” he said to her, a smile threatening to cross his lips.

Full panic filled her eyes as her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

“It’s water! Only water!” she half-whispered with the shrill taste of fear.
“Aye, betcha it is” Hadis said with a wink.

A gray-shawled Aes Sedai strode up at a brisk pace to the awkward pair, her expression blank

“NOVICE AMAREA” she barked in clipped tone, “… if you don’t have any tasks presently, I’m sure I could find something more befitting of your time than consorting with…” The Aes Sedai trailed off, not wanting to finish whatever description she had in mind.

The novice all but ran, tripping over her curtsies as she made her escape. Hadis discretely picked up the mug, covering for the girl. Ah, no harm from lettin the lass get a good buzz. At least the waiting was done. This was the wench he’d been waiting for. She was of the right height he liked in woman, but he wasn’t much of a fan of gingers. Too many close calls with thems bloody aiel women.

“Ah, Chloro Sedai, welcome welcome.” he said with a silver tongue, dripping of honey.

He didn’t much care for these witches, but you go where the pay is. He was paid enough to keep his opinions to himself. Plus, he wasn’t stupid enough to piss off a wench that can turn you into a toad. I mean, look at thems damn Seanchan. Those women turned them into bugs.

“Heard yous been seeking some of thems finer objects. I just so happen to have something awfully shiny”

He handed her the pouch. She opened the drawstrings and glanced inside. Her remote face somehow going even more blank. We call that a poker face in our business. She knows that I know that she knows, so she doesn’t bother with any hagglin.
“Fine. This is of exceptional quality… but I don’t have the finances to pay the bounty on me.” she says, but he knows she’s wanting it something fierce. He plays it cool.

“Ah, no worries luv. I don’t mind taking payment in the form of an IOU. Call this a gift. And should the need ever arise, you can return a gift in kind. Whether that be something of value… or perhaps a favor?”

A look of utter disgust flutters across her face, breaking the ice cold expression for only a moment.

He chokes on a chuckle and says “Not like that.”

Nodding, she re-tightens the drawstring and tucks it away somewhere. Women always seem to have weird hiding spots for their pretties.

‘A favor then. Agreed. Be sure to come directly to me should you find anything else ‘shiny’ laying around”

Hadis reached into his pocket and pulled out a random shiny rock. “Oh, I have lots of shinies. Whatcha offering?”

The look of disgust crossed her face again as she turned her back and walked off like the hag had hidden the pouch and maybe a stick up her backside.

Hadis laughed to himself as he went back to watching the sword forms. Never let them know your next move. His mind elsewhere on his next job. See, in this line of work, sometimes favors are worth more than gold. Especially from this lot.