A Lugardian Banker ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Alison

A Lugardian Banker ---&RPaward

Post by Alison » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:20 am

Ely edit 17 December 2023:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o/x

Total: 1 qps

Premise: Amarea stated that her parents bakery burnt down and Alison Sedai refuses to let the child suffer, bearing the guilt of an event that does not require her to bear. With this in mind, Alison has taken it upon herself to go intervene with Robson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early morning, Brokers for the Bankers in Lugard.

Walking into the Brokers room in Lugard, I could feel the weight of responsibility on my shoulders as White Ajah. My mission: to address the pressing matter of Amarea's parents' bakery loan. The devastating fire that had consumed the bakery five years ago still haunted their family, burdened by the debt to rebuild. Today, I would negotiate with the banker, Robson.

"Good day, Alison Sedai," Robson greeted as he looked up from his ledger. "What brings you to our humble establishment?"

With a composed smile, I replied, "Greetings, Robson. I've come about the matter of Amarea's parents' bakery loan. It's time we reevaluate the terms."

Robson, visibly hesitant, responded, "The terms were set, and the agreement was made. The rebuilding loan must be repaid according to the agreed schedule."

Taking a seat, I began to delve into the details. "I understand the importance of honouring agreements, Robson. But we can't ignore the unforeseen challenges that befell Amarea's family. A devastating fire is not something one can predict or control."

Leaning forward, I employed a logical approach. "Consider the circumstances. The bakery was a vital source of sustenance for the community. By supporting them now, we not only show compassion but also invest in the prosperity of Lugard as a whole."

Robson's stern expression softened as he contemplated my words. "The bank must consider its interests and reputation," he argued.

Nodding, I acknowledged his concern. "Of course, Robson. By assisting Amarea's family, the bank will be viewed favourably by the community. It's a wise investment in long-term relations and goodwill."

With a shrewd smile, I continued, "Think of it not only as a gesture of kindness but as a strategic move for the bank's standing in the eyes of Lugard. The logical choice is to demonstrate flexibility and understanding in exceptional cases."

Seemingly persuaded, Robson sighed and nodded. "Very well, Sister Alison. We can review the terms and possibly nullify the repayment. For the Good of the Community."

Expressing my gratitude, I said, "Thank you, Robson. Your wisdom in this matter will not go unnoticed, and the White Tower values the cooperative spirit that Lugard exemplifies."

Leaving the bank, I felt a sense of accomplishment. The logical reasoning had secured a favourable outcome for Amarea's family. The intricate dance of negotiation in Lugard continued.

I left the brokerage and strode to the Bakery in Lugard. I had to see this newly rebuilt place with my own eyes. This childs block requires careful handling and having her mind locked in the past is probably not the best course of action

I see two friendly yet stern people baking and smiling at customers and i nod to myself. Sometimes helping a novice's family allows me to forget that not everyone that comes to the Tower is wealthy or well off. I told her that gold is abundant and that she should not be worried.

"Tell our eyes and ears in Lugard to keep an eye on Robson, Guard." I say to the sturdy man standing closeby.

He nods and walks into the alley way to my left.

I gaze up at the sky and the snowflakes reminds me that there is still the matter of Darkfriends. A report came from her agent in Tear that whispersing to Rats just doesnt give an immediate feedback. This new mandate is troublesome, Ali.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final note: It is rarely that i have an opportunity to add extra story to alison life, but when amarea told me about her parents i pictured the scene in my mind where an Aes sedai confronts a banker. It just felt so rich in scope and rang true to what Alison would do for others. As i told amarea, no one deserves to starve.