Warehouses Are not Just for Storage ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Chloro

Warehouses Are not Just for Storage ---&RPaward

Post by Chloro » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:34 pm

Ely edit 6 June 2023:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : x
Length bonus +1-2 qps : o/
Part of a series +1 qps: x

Summary: +1 qps : x

Total: 6 qps. Also awarding Kitiara and Aelrena 2, and Fermin and Antonio 1, and awarding the bonus.

All operatives have been called, those that can attend meet in secret beneath a guardians watchful presence.

View of Chloro:
Participants: Chloro, Kitiara, Aelrena, Fermin, Antonio
Caemo: John Doe
Honorable Mentions: Penzei, Asandra, Bul, Sarinda, Catisune

A Grain Warehouse
With just a handful of windows for ventilation and high oak beam ceilings,
this warehouse is cast in shadows at all times of the day. Huge canvas
sacks and barrels are stacked to the roof, ready for shipping. Sliding
doors wide enough for a wagon to squeeze through lie to the south, exiting
onto a narrow city street.
[ obvious exits: S ]
Zone: Far Madding North
Door south: slidingdoor
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
Lord Antonio Vincetti, Soldier of Andor is standing here.
A hard-working commoner earns a living here.
A man is here.
A worker busily earns a day's pay.

Antonio sits down and rests.

Antonio draws a dagger from a red tabard with a vivid red cloak with a flash of steel.

Chloro incline's her head in greeting to Antonio.

Antonio sheathes a dagger into a red tabard with a vivid red cloak.

Chloro says 'Best to keep your wits about you and forget weapons for now.'

Antonio says 'where is everyone? 5 min early is one time...'

Antonio blinks his eyes innocently.

The slidingdoor is opened from the other side.

Aelrena slips silently through the door, a cloak thrown about her shoulders, though the hood lies against her back.

Aelrena closes the slidingdoor.

Aelrena nods to the two already present, a smile briefly touching her features.

Chloro watches the younger woman and nods in approval, the girl was learning far quicker than most in their line of work.

The slidingdoor is opened from the other side.

Kitiara has arrived from the south.

Aelrena nods to Kitiara in greeting.

Chloro incline's her head in greeting to Kitiara.

Kitiara glances around the room briefly before nodding to each Aes Sedai in turn.

Kitiara nods at Antonio.

Chloro says 'Many cannot attend as they would be missed to much in their current positions.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'I had suspected such might be the case, though I'm saddened to hear it.'

Fermin knuckles his forehead in honor of all within view.

Kitiara closes the slidingdoor.

Kitiara looks at Fermin.

Antonio stops resting, and clambers on his feet.

Aelrena looks at Fermin.

Kitiara nods at Fermin.

Antonio bows before Kitiara.

Antonio knuckles his forehead to Fermin, honoring him.

Chloro says 'Good, now all are in attendance.'

Aelrena nods slowly to Fermin.

Fermin knuckles his forehead to Antonio, honoring him.

Fermin says 'I've offered my services to Chloro, perhaps we can purge this evil.'

Chloro looks to each person gathered, "Those missing are Asandra/Bul covering Fal Dara, Sarinda covering Tear/Seafolk, and Catisune our eyes within the tower itself. Penzei also was unable to attend as the council of nine are a growing concern."

Chloro says 'I know you each have questions; however, they will be answered in due time.'

Aelrena merely dips her head, listening quietly to the Sitter as she speaks.

Chloro moves to the center of a room, a makeshift table setup from barrels and a pallet. A map of the nations splayed atop it. "We are all here because we can often see what others do not, the fact that the shadow knows no bounds when it comes to its agents. They can be in the lowest slums and the highest courts."

Kitiara steps forward to examine the map.

Fermin places his elbows on the table and leans forward.

Chloro points to three nations each with a black dot over them. "Andor, Tear, and Illian all seem to know news of events far sooner than normal methods can carry. In each of them a noble or nobles has inserted themselves to sow discord at the Tower, and at other nations in general."

Antonio examines the black dot on the map in the heart of Andor while shaking his head in disapproval.

Antonio says, 'These secret agents of the Dark must be stopped.'

Chloro says 'Aelrena, and Antonio have been surveying Caemlyn for anything they can find on a Lord Gabrial, our chaos spreader in Andor. What have you found.'

Chloro watches the younger, smooth faced woman, agelessness had not overtaken her yet, but soon it would.

Aelrena nods briefly before speaking up, her voice quiet though resolute "Not as much as I'd hoped, I'm afraid. I know that he's from the west end of Andor and has a strong sentiment against Aes Sedai. He's recently to the city, though it seems that Morgase has taken him into her close counsel. There have also been rabblerousers in the streets of Caemlyn, speaking against the White Tower."

Kitiara begins to pace their small area in the warehouse.

Chloro nods maintaining Aes Sedai calm though her grip on the table tightens slightly. "I have observed Mobs within Bearlon spewing the same nonsense. The fact that he has the ear of Morgase is troubling to say the least.

Antonio says 'Yes I have only encountered the man in passing as I was leaving the Throne room he was entering in with a smug look on his face.'

Chloro turns her attention to Antonio, "Have there been any new orders given the Queens Guard? I heard the blaring's of the Lion Warden's horn earlier."

Antonio says 'The Queen keeps me so busy as of late that I have hardly had time to keep a good watch.'

Chloro looks to Kitiara then back to the Guardsmen. "Has she now, can the same be said of the others in your ranks?"

Antonio says 'She certainly is in a foul mood these days toward the events that have occurred recently and has doubled patrols out west to Baerlon.'

Kitiara continues to pace.

Chloro takes in the information thinking a moment before speaking. "Then all of her training with us has not fled her it seems."

Chloro says 'Kitiara, you have seen as much as Catisune has within the tower. What have you observed?'

Aelrena tilts her head to the side as she listens, the thumb of her right-hand ghosting over the barren place her great serpent ring normally rests.

Kitiara glances around at the rest of the group, "Nothing particularly substantial. Either the Shadow is working with a very subtle hand keeping our ranks at odds with ourselves or our sisters are continuing to allow petty infighting to cloud the greater picture... I am unsure what is more... worrisome. "

Chloro chuckles slightly at her sisters’ words. "I view them on equal footing. Siuan also would not be surprised if the first were true instead of the latter."

Kitiara says 'I am leaning towards the latter... as happens when Aes Sedai act foolishly on an international scale... '

A man says 'I have nothing to do with those Aes Sedai, nor do I want to.'

A man says 'Now leave me alone.'

Fermin places a triple bladed dagger in the back of a man, resulting in some strange noises and
blood!
A man is dead! R.I.P.
Your blood freezes as you hear a man's death cry.

Fermin sheathes a triple bladed dagger into a shoufa with a black veil.

Kitiara frowns.

Fermin says 'no one can know of this meeting.'

Aelrena blinks her eyes innocently.

Kitiara says 'A bit unnecessary wouldn't you say Fermin?'

Fermin says 'the times seem to call for such...'

Fermin says 'if they know we are coming, we have no chance.'

Kitiara says 'There are other more subtle ways, but a dagger can also do the job I suppose...'

Chloro looks to Fermin and arches an eyebrow her eyes seeming to pierce his very soul. "There are teas, that would make this seem as if a dream to him. Remember for each light you snuff out a shadow can take its place."

Aelrena's lips purse slightly, though she remains quiet as she returns her attention to the table and Sitters.

Fermin nods at you.

Fermin says 'I will remember, I usually am limited in my scope of action.'

Chloro says 'Little news comes from Shienar, for as close as it is to the blight no oddities have been observed.'

Chloro says 'Sarinda however is recovering from an incursion with a Darkfriend Sailsmistress found among the Sea folk.'

Fermin says 'I've witnessed Axxye moving trolloc fists often in the borderlands.'

Chloro says 'Not an oddity though, whatever the shadow is up to, they are using our own monarchs against us.'

Fermin says 'He seems to moving in the open though, perhaps just a new general for the dark.'

Chloro says 'A Lord Salmon has taken up with Tear's ruling nobles and attempted to poison them against Tar Valon.'

Chloro says 'Lord Brend in Illian is doing the same with the Council of Nine. A Red sister was actually driven from Illian by a Hand of the Light and Illian has begun to allow Children of the Light to request pardons.'

Antonio grumbles under his breath about certain people.

Aelrena frowns slightly, though she once again nods along, the information clearly not news to her.

Kitiara says 'I reached out to a contact in Illian... as of yet there has been no reply.'

Antonio says 'I must excuse myself before anyone notices I have been gone from my posting for too long'

Antonio says 'Great haste to us all in shutting out the Shadow.'

Chloro says 'I fear for my sister advising the king. How long before she to is driven from the nation.'

Antonio bows deeply.

Antonio opens the slidingdoor.

Antonio leaves south. vv

The slidingdoor closes quietly.

Kitiara frowns.

Chloro says 'Are these mere fools, or darkfriend's we are dealing with?'

Aelrena says 'I hope for the first, sister. I suspect the second, I fear that three nobles at once speaking in rhetoric against the Tower is more than coincidence or foolishness.'

Kitiara stops pacing and looks between the company left in the room.

Fermin says 'This many at once couldn't be bad luck...but I wouldn't put it past the cloaks...'

Kitiara says 'We are grasping at straws... we do not have anything concrete... we have nothing actionable... '

Kitiara sighs loudly.

Chloro says 'Thirteen were bound within the prison before the breaking. What if one or more now walks free.'

Kitiara says 'We cannot discount the possibility that the world is simply souring to the White Tower after our ranks yet again attacked the city of Baerlon'

Fermin says 'And the zeal of the whitecloaks growing, if they gain an ear of a noble, they flatter and pressure. '

Aelrena freezes briefly before nodding to Kitiara.

Chloro shakes her head looking at the map. "If it were not Morgase I could believe that. Why would a monarch with a child in our halls turn against the tower. Elyane is still our charge."

Kitiara says 'While I do not truly believe it to be true... our members did assault her city twice...'

Fermin says 'The son is in the cloaks control, isn't he?'

Kitiara nods at Fermin.

Kitiara says 'And stationed now near Baerlon from what I gather.'

Aelrena says 'Despite the foolishness of our sisters, I would also mention that it is seldom that Tear and Illian can bring themselves to agree upon something as well.'

Chloro says 'The oldest, however, Morgase was not a foolish novice. She knows well the price to be paid if oaths were broken. Every novice learns the stilling list.'

Kitiara nods at Aelrena.

Kitiara says 'That is in fact what has me troubled... they typically will take the opposite stance of the other simply for the fact of being opposed.'

Chloro says 'With the Children capitalizing we need eyes and ears within Amador.'

Aelrena nods, her expression thoughtful before she opens her mouth to speak.

Aelrena says 'I might suggest Loret, in fact, though it... in part rankles me to admit it. She was composing a letter to the Blue Ajah in Caemlyn square a few days ago.'

Kitiara says 'To be Blunt Sister... Morgase also knows how Aes Sedai twist and bend the oaths when.
needed.'

Chloro says 'She also knows that if she lost the backing of the tower, she would come under threat by other houses wanting her throne, it is no small secret that Morgase has claim with 2 thrones.'

Chloro says 'Elayne is her heir, to move against the very place the girl is being trained at would be foolish even for a Queen.'

Kitiara says 'I did receive Loret, the problem in that is that if we pardon him... he becomes quite the obvious operative. '

Aelrena's eyes move to Fermin then back to Kitiara.

Chloro says 'What Kitiara says is correct, Fermin however would be the least likely. Are you still capable of entering Amador?'

Fermin says 'Capable yes'

Kitiara says 'Actually I was going to suggest Loret may still be useful.'

Aelrena says 'That would be true... if we immediately pardoned Loret.'

Fermin says 'Openly, no'

Kitiara says 'Though he would have to be willing... we can leave him warranted, and have him report to us... though I am unsure if he would be willing for such an arrangement.'

Fermin says 'he will listen to me'

Fermin says 'he will never suspect the orders come from you.'

Fermin says 'or she rather.'

Kitiara frowns.

Kitiara says 'Quite a bit a trust to allow Fermin to be our go between...'

Aelrena says 'From what I gather, Loret is hoping that she can make a change, and I think she would be willing to do so for a time, though I, of course, cannot say for certain.'

Kitiara says 'Though I have always known you to fight the Shadow... I suppose we must work with those we have.'

Aelrena says 'I am also willing to be our go between with Loret, if you prefer.'

Kitiara shakes her head.

Chloro says 'There are no go betweens here, if we are to bring another in, they like us will be equal.'

Aelrena nods at you.

Kitiara says 'If it is to be an Aes Sedai it should be me... as I can more concretely arrange for a pardon after the services are completed... however Fermin may be the better option, at least for the initial approach.'

Fermin says 'Cloaks see the world in black and white.'

Chloro says 'Catisune is the least likely to draw suspicion speaking with Loret. The rest of us have been seen publicly with Loret, were Catisune and Asandra have not.'

Fermin says 'I don't believe you could ever get one to work openly unless they were a darkfriend'

Kitiara says 'I was not intending to bring Loret on board... simply to use them as eyes and ears.'

Chloro says 'So long as they understand that if they are found, they stand on their own to face whatever fate may come.'

Kitiara says 'Instill the idea that the Shadow may have infiltrated the Children, or perhaps not infiltrated, but that they may be using the Children to weaken the Light.'

Aelrena quiets down, her umber gaze moving between the group gathered in the warehouse.

Chloro nods to Kitiara, "Lorets letter to us said as much when she sent it."

Kitiara says 'I hesitate to bring Loret into our confidence so quickly, however Chloro, this has been your operation I suppose... so I will defer. '

Chloro nods to Kitiara. "We will use your approach for now. Until they can prove themselves capable of what is needed."

Chloro says 'If a forsaken is part of this, my bet would be on this Lord Gabriel of Andor. Morgase has been the only ruler to openly banish sisters from her nation. The red driven from Illian was done discreetly.'

Kitiara says 'A Forsaken could be a bit dramatic... it could be a more effectively scheming dreadlord than the normal fools in the North. '

Aelrena shifts her stance, her expression hardening at the idea.

Aelrena says 'Let us hope for an effective dreadlord, plan as if he is Forsaken.'

Kitiara says 'Fermin, perhaps you can approach Loret, plant the idea that more might be going on, and that their discretion is of the upmost importance. '

Fermin nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'We shall see in time. For now, let us focus on these four nations. Andor, Illian, Tear and Amadicia.'

Kitiara says 'How might we prepare for the masters of the Age of Legends... quite troubling...'

Fermin says 'Should I perhaps also plant the idea that Morgases' son might be infiltrating the Children?'

Kitiara shakes her head.

Kitiara says 'No need to push suspicion onto the boy... by all accounts he truly believes in the cause. Though he may be a pawn in someone else’s game.'

Chloro says 'Not a wise idea to push Morgase further, however none can confirm he is NOT under threat by the children.'

Kitiara nods in agreement.

Aelrena moves forward to the table, her gaze now trailing across the nations upon the map as she listens.

Chloro says 'I have been keeping my eye on Elyane to. She is as much a target as Morgase, both hold keys to much power and in the wrong hands could cripple the light.'

Kitiara nods and listens.

Chloro says 'Siuan also has the same target, I encouraged more security, but the woman is as stubborn on that as she is on the tattoo's she has collected.'

Kitiara grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'I suspect that it would be difficult to keep a novice to her lessons and provide her with a guard without being clear what we are doing. Perhaps Catisune would be able to help keep an eye on her.'

Chloro says 'One other oddity, the blight has been quiet of late, fewer raids and they happen further north. '

Aelrena nods at you.

Chloro looks at the map her eyes jumping from nation to nation. "The one nation I suspected to be used to cause chaos lays silent. " She places a finger in Cairhien.

Kitiara says 'Perhaps a well place Aes '

Kitiara coughs loudly.

Kitiara says 'A well placed Aes Sedai or agent in Cairhien will warn us if anything starts to change there. '

Kitiara says 'Or perhaps the Game is overshadowing any attempts at manipulation in the city. '

Chloro nods to Kitiara. "That could well be the case, the Seanchan invaders also have gone quiet and all focus seems to be on these four nations. Tensions coming up overnight it seems and in force."

Kitiara looks at you.

Fermin says 'I will look into the whitecloaks, see what Loret knows and get her looking for what she doesn't...'

Chloro shakes her head removing a thought. "For now, we watch, and inform each other of any new developments. I will continue to look at the broader picture as new events come in."

Fermin says 'I also know a sniffer.'

Kitiara nods in understanding

Fermin says 'can smell a man’s past to an extent'

Aelrena says 'I will be certain to keep you apprised of what I hear in Caemlyn.'

Fermin says 'Perhaps I can get him into the presence of this new Andor lord.'

Fermin says 'what was his name?'

Chloro says 'Lord Gabriel.'

Chloro says 'Kitiara, your matters in the hall are of more importance, we also need to watch those coming and going from Siuan's study. I would not put it above someone to attempt something now.'

Kitiara says 'Sister, we should attempt to meet with Morgase, give her a brief on what my investigation has found. Perhaps with Mother as well. '

Chloro says 'I was considering that as well, however before we depart to discuss such matters, I offer a tale.'

Kitiara looks at you archly.

Aelrena looks up from the table to the Gray sitter.

Chloro says 'A former Amyrlin once worked with a group of women not unlike what we are doing now. The exact reason is not recorded anywhere. However, she and each of those women were systematically wiped from the pattern. You can make the connections if you investigate the books surrounding the last years of Tamara. We must not fall to the same fate.'

Aelrena frowns.

Kitiara nods at you.

Aelrena says 'Perhaps a reason to be even more certain that nobody sees us a group together, though we do have the advantage of not being Amyrlin, who is watched more closely than we are.'

Fermin knuckles his forehead in honor of all within view.

Fermin says 'I'll go about my work Aes Sedai, think on my idea about the sniffer.'

Kitiara nods at Fermin.

Fermin opens the slidingdoor.

Fermin leaves south. vv

The slidingdoor closes quietly.

Chloro says 'For now we should return before our presence is missed in our own areas. Aelrena you are our youngest in this, the ageless face will not wait forever.'

Aelrena says 'Hopefully long enough that we may see this to its end.'

Kitiara says 'I will be off as well. We will speak soon.'

Aelrena nods at Kitiara.

Chloro squeezes Kitiara's shoulder as she walks even keeled out of the warehouse.

Kitiara leaves south. vv

Aelrena says 'Light go with you sister.'