Secrets and Revelations ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Sarinda

Secrets and Revelations ---&RPaward

Post by Sarinda » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:22 pm

Ely edit 6 June 2023:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : o
Length bonus +1-2 qps : o
Part of a series +1 qps: o

Summary: +1 qps : x

Total: 5 qps, 3 for Aelrena. Doubling for RP event.

Summary:
Under the cover of anonymity due to the current political climate, Sarinda passes through Andor and has a chance encounter with a Brown sister with a similar agenda. The two Aes Sedai reluctantly reveal some of their recent missions and discuss the next steps of their discreet investigations, which center around cautiously digging deeper into potential coordinated Darkfriend activities.

POV: Sarinda
Major character: Aelrena

Edited to run through RP-lizer and remove some movement, but retaining room descriptions for ambience. Requesting double RP awards for a scene related to the current global RP event (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17559).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caemlyn Central Square
You are in a large stone square, right in the middle of Caemlyn's outer
city. You see a wide boulevard to the north, and the path to the inner
city. There are a number of shops around you. The density of the population
is really quite incredible. It's almost impossible to relax as you are
being constantly bumped and jostled. From here you can really get a good
view of the outer city, and this just makes you appreciate the older inner
city all the more. A large banner hangs nearby, depicting a map of
Caemlyn's outer city.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Outer Caemlyn
A fountain is here, offering clear blue water to all.
A marble bench, flecked with gold and bronze, adorns the floor.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
A shifty looking fellow patrols the streets picking up discarded belongings.
A stout looking guard is here, walking the streets of Caemlyn.
Aelrena Solyan is standing here.
A wild stallion bucks madly.
The Caemlyn town crier stands here, spreading the news.
A gleeman is here, playing a lute.
A recruitment officer stands here, speaking of the Queen's Guard.

Aelrena greets Sarinda with a light kiss on the cheek.

Sarinda greets Aelrena with a light kiss on her cheek.

Sarinda smiles knowingly.

Aelrena says 'A pleasure to see you, Aes Sedai.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Sarinda looks around surreptitiously.

Sarinda says 'Well met, friend.'

Aelrena looks at Sarinda.

Aelrena beckons everyone to follow her.

Sarinda arches an eyebrow.

Sarinda now follows Aelrena.

Aelrena leads Sarinda to a vacant area along the southern stretch of the city.

The Southern Road
Sarinda is on the southern stretch of the outer road which circles the entire
city. The city walls tower over you to the south, and you can see a small
weapon store to the north.
[ obvious exits: N E W ]
Zone: Outer Caemlyn

Aelrena says 'Apologies, I didn't think to look if you were wearing your ring.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, my gloves cover it.'

Sarinda says 'What brings you to Caemlyn in these times, Aelrena?'

Sarinda says 'Perhaps we could find a place more...discreet.'

Sarinda says 'There are a few taverns in the Inner City not frequented by many.'

Aelrena says 'I was just considering where might be the most... '

Aelrena says 'tolerable for our purposes.'

Sarinda beckons Aelrena to follow her.

Aelrena starts following Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'Do you have a horse?'

Sarinda arches an eyebrow.

Aelrena says 'Not in the city, I'm afraid.'

Sarinda leads them to a more discreet location, a quiet manor house within the Inner City.

A Narrow Street
You are on a narrow stone side street that runs north and south. There
is a small house to the west. To the east you can see several roads meet.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Zone: Inner Caemlyn
Door west: manordoor

Sarinda knocks on the manordoor.

A slot opens in the door.

A pair of eyes peers out at you.

A harsh voice says 'Come in, but wipe yer feet.'

The manor door swings open.

A Stone House
Weapons sharpened to perfection are arrayed upon the cold stone walls
of this small house. The floor is also cold and the place is hardly
furnished yet there is a feel of comfort and safety. A copper tub lies
in the corner to steam and soothe the wounds of the fighters who stay
here periodically. A large fireplace rests on the northern wall heating
a kettle of water. There is a table in the southwest corner and a small
makeshift kitchen near it.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Door east: manordoor
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [3]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.

The manordoor closes quietly.

The manordoor is opened from the other side.

Aelrena has arrived from the east.
A warhorse has arrived from the east.

Sarinda nods decisively.

The manordoor closes quietly.

open manordoor e
It seems to be locked.

Aelrena says 'Much quieter, and more discreet.'

Sarinda lowers her hood. 'If it pleases the Light, we should not be disturbed here.'

Aelrena moves to stand by the fire, nodding to her fellow Aes Sedai.

Aelrena says 'It IS good to see you sister.'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Sarinda frowns. 'Andor is dangerous of late, a pool of swirling eddies and countercurrents threatening to drown an unsuspecting sister.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'That it is, Sarinda Sedai. I'm afraid I have business here which cannot wait for less tumultuous times however. '

Sarinda arches an eyebrow and crosses her arms beneath her chest, stretching into a silence that screams the obvious question.

Aelrena's right thumb ghosts over the absent ring upon her middle finger as she looks into the flames.

Sarinda nods slowly.

Sarinda says 'Very well.'

Aelrena says 'A mutual acquaintance, I'm afraid I shouldn't say more without Wards.'

Aelrena glances up, looking to Sarinda with a question clear in her eyes.

Sarinda feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

Sarinda deftly channels threads of Spirit, Air, and Water, layering a Ward against eavesdropping around the room, and nods as she releases the Source.

Sarinda purses her lips thoughtfully, idly spinning the Great Serpent ring on her finger.

Aelrena gazes upon the Wards as they're woven, though she frowns slightly once they're complete.

Sarinda says 'Aelrena, something is amiss in the world.'

Aelrena nods slowly, before looking to Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'Under the light and by my hope of rebirth and salvation, I swear that I am not, and have never been a darkfriend.'

Sarinda exhales a breath that she did not realize she had been holding.

Sarinda smiles warmly.

Sarinda echoes, 'If it pleases the Light, under the Light and by my hope of rebirth and salvation, I too swear that I am not, and have never been, a Darkfriend.'

Sarinda adds with a frown, 'But...I suspect some might be involved in the current events.'

Aelrena lets out her own breath of relief, her shoulders lowering slightly.

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'As do I.'

Aelrena says 'Chloro asked me to look into events here, given the situation in Baerlon.'

Sarinda nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'Little is known of Lord Gaebril.'

Aelrena tips here head slightly as she speaks, the movement layering her words with meaning.

Sarinda repeats the name slowly, as if tasting it. 'Gaebril.'

Sarinda turns towards the fireplace, and warms her hands. 'I recently returned from a trip to the south. I have been from Tear, to the Shadow Coast in Amadicia.'

Aelrena nods slowly, turning her own attention back to the flames herself.

Aelrena looks about the room, her eyes rescanning the Wards of Saidar that surround the pair.

Sarinda takes a seat in a chair beside the table with a small sigh. 'In Tear, where news of incidents in Baerlon might otherwise take weeks to arrive, the High Lords are already turning to a man, High Lord Samon, who spreads vitriol about the White Tower.'

Sarinda frowns.

Aelrena's lips turn downward at the news, and she moves to sit across from Sarinda.

Sarinda continues, 'When I traveled west to Illian, I found that one of my sisters from the Red Ajah had been forcibly pushed from her post on the Illian Road, stalked by a member of the Hand of Light like a shark in bloody waters.'

Aelrena sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Sarinda says 'There, a man known as Lord Brend has the ears of the Council of Nine. I have never heard of this man before this month.'

Aelrena says 'Illian has moved to oust sisters from their lands then?'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Aelrena frowns.

Aelrena says 'It's similar here with Lord Gaebril, he seems to have a dislike for the White Tower, though Morgase at least seems to be keeping our shared past in mind.'

Sarinda says 'The member of the Gray, the one who discovered me and sent me here, still advises King Mattin Stepaneos den Belgar. But she might not stay in that position for long, if he gains further traction.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Sarinda draws down her thin eyebrows into a frown.

Sarinda sighs.

Sarinda intones, 'If it pleases the Light, all will be well. All will be well, and all manner of things will be well, if it pleases the Light.'

Aelrena says 'Not a loss that I believe we can afford, not with how the rest of the sentiment in nations appears to be moving.'

Aelrena says 'One noble is plausible, especially here in Andor.'

Aelrena says 'Tear perhaps more so, given past relations and their own feelings toward the power. But three nobility now pushing sentiment against the White Tower is... disconcerting and would seem to have a deeper hand at play.'

Sarinda nods at Aelrena.

Sarinda says 'I have more to tell, and this perhaps might be the most surprising to me.'

Sarinda says 'Chloro suggested I travel along the southern lands given my heritage, and associations with the Atha'an Miere, my kin.'

Aelrena dips her head to the Red sister, signaling for her to continue.

Aelrena gently taps the table with her hand, all five fingers drumming in thought as she listens.

Sarinda says 'Taking her advice, I captained a ship west along the Shadow Coast, mooring in Amadicia and riding south along the Windbiter's Finger peninsula. There, I met up with a member of my Ajah's eyes-and-ears network, a sailmistress and her crew.'

Sarinda takes a breath and suddenly scowls. 'When I met with her, she assaulted me in cold blood, attempting to ambush me.'

Aelrena's drumming continues, though she nods along, her loose hair swaying with the movement.

Aelrena pauses, and her eyes widen slightly.

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda says 'Indeed.'

Sarinda says 'I can think of no other obvious reason. I believe she was a Darkfriend.'

Aelrena frowns.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, fortunately I was able to keep my wits about me, and left with my life. Which is more than I can say for her.'

Aelrena says 'The Atha'an Miere do not often concern themselves with the politics of the nations, I cannot see another reason she might have attacked, unless there was a third party involved.'

Sarinda smirks mirthlessly.

Aelrena shares an apologetic look with Sarinda, dipping her head slightly.

Aelrena says 'Not that I need to tell you such, of course.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Sarinda frowns with pensive expression. 'I think there might be more going on there, but I do not know how much it relates to the events at hand, and how much of it runs parallel to our mission.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'I suspect that it is connected, though I cannot say I see all of the threads involved.'

Sarinda says 'Among their possessions, I found only scattered notes, but enough remained that suggested I may need to travel to the island of Tremalking sometime.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'But it could be a distraction, a coincidence.'

Sarinda shrugs indifferently.

Aelrena says 'A trip that I would wish to take with you, Sister, but I'm not certain that I can take the time away.'

Aelrena glances back to the door, her expression forlorn when she returns her gaze to Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'There are mobs in the streets, Sister.'

Sarinda blinks her dark brown eyes innocently.

Aelrena says 'Andoran citizens roam the streets prepared for violence, it's like nothing I've ever seen.'

Aelrena takes a deep breath, her drumming upon the table resuming with a single long exhale.

Sarinda is unable to keep the scorn from her voice. 'Mobs? In Andor? Rabble-rousing against the Tower?'

Sarinda says 'I do not know Queen Morgase intimately, but if it pleases the Light, that raises grave concerns about her control over the current political climate.'

Aelrena nods slowly, "I've seen them with my own eyes, and the things they say of Aes Sedai."

Sarinda says 'Such as?'

Aelrena says 'There are men and women I grew up with in those crowds, people I always knew to be level-headed, kind.'

Sarinda offers a sympathetic expression.

Sarinda stands up.

Sarinda paces in the room alongside the table, a dark and puzzled expression on her face.

Aelrena closes her eyes, her lips moving to silent words as she thinks, after a moment she speaks up. " 'Great serpent rings and Forked tongues' is the first that comes to mind."

Sarinda's face darkens.

Aelrena says 'There has been other sayings, though that is the one I remember most intimately.'

Sarinda mutters something under her breath about the shorebound.

Aelrena says 'Something of who needs enemies when you're friends with the White Tower, if I recall properly.'

Sarinda tsks in vexation.

Aelrena murmurs quietly, "I even returned to my apartments to leave my ring and shawl, as well as to petition Verin for an Angreal."

Sarinda says 'I never thought I would see such a day, in Caemlyn of all places.'

Sarinda says 'Perhaps I should do the same.'

Sarinda fidgets absentmindedly with her red fringed shawl.

Aelrena says 'I didn't either, I never would have expected it.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aelrena says 'I'm not announced as an Aes Sedai here, perhaps a perk to being new to the shawl.'

Aelrena gestures to her face with one hand, a small tremulous smile appearing before falling back into the same grim expression.

Sarinda says 'I have traveled discreetly, too, if it pleases the Light.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'I fear this is to be our lot for a time.'

Aelrena says 'I will help where I can, though I hope that the Grays will be able to settle this.'

Sarinda growls quietly in the back of her throat. 'I will not stand for this, if it pleases the Light. I will not let this be our lot.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aelrena says 'Neither will I, though I suspect there are shadows we must uncover before we'll be able to stop it.'

Sarinda says 'The White Tower will need all of the Ajahs to complete the investigation, to unearth and stop any darker projects that are in motion.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda stops her pacing, and with a single breath, assumes the posture and demeanor of an Aes Sedai once more.

Aelrena says 'I will stay here. Few pay attention to me in the Royal library, and it at least affords me a certain amount of closeness to events.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aelrena's eyes move to the pouch at her hip.

Sarinda smiles softly at Aelrena. 'If it pleases the Light, it seems only yesterday that I was supporting you as a new novice. You are growing into the shawl very well, Aelrena.'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Aelrena says 'Your words mean much to me, Sarinda. I only hope that I can grow into quickly enough to help avert this disaster.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Sarinda nods again and adds as her smile fades, 'Indeed. But know that you are sailing into shallow waters, and a dangerous course ahead of you. Stay wary, sister.'

Aelrena says 'I will, sister. I've been preparing for eventualities if I must, and it's one reason I brought the angreal. With it, little could stop me opening a gateway to Tar Valon.'

Sarinda says 'Chloro, as of yet, has still advised us to remain secret from each other on these missions. But if it pleases the Light, I will try to keep you apprised of what I find, and check in with you to ensure you are still well.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda smiles warmly.

Aelrena says 'I will attempt to do the same, perhaps I could arrange notes through a gateway, if there is a place that you feel comfortable with my leaving notes?'

Aelrena moves to stand herself, smoothing out her skirts as she rises.

Sarinda pauses as she hears the sounds of sword practice pick up at the practice yard by the castle, which do not last long. 'Others are coming and going here. Perhaps we should separate soon, for now.'

Aelrena says 'I agree, it would be unsafe for me to be seen in Aes Sedai company for too long, though I doubt many saw you for what you are.'

Aelrena says 'Would you like a gateway out of here? To throw anyone off before you leave?'

Sarinda says 'Hmm. I know there are Red sisters in our network in many of the nearby cities, but I do not think there is one in Andor. You could leave a message with one in Far Madding, if it pleases the Light.'

Sarinda says 'She can then arrange to send me a message elsewhere by pigeon'

Aelrena pauses, her lips quirking to the side in thought, "I believe I could get you somewhere between Tear and Lugard, from here without straining myself too far."

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, that will do. I need to follow up on a lead in Mayene.'

Aelrena says 'I will be sure to do so, Far Madding is close enough that I could be there and back before anyone is the wiser, a short enough ride few would question a scholar leaving the city for a day ride.'

Sarinda senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Aelrena clambers to her feet.

Sarinda senses Aelrena is channeling saidar.

Sarinda says 'Do you remember how I told you how Eran of the Thiefbane and I uncovered and stopped a Darkfriend plot in the Spine of the World? It began with a group who left Mayene, and they were attempting to start a war.'

Aelrena says 'Hmmmmm, i can't get in touch with it from here, I wonder if that's due to the Wards.'

Sarinda says 'A safe house, if you will.'

Sarinda feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

Sarinda embraces the Source and lets go of the threads for her Ward, allowing it to dissipate harmlessly.

Sarinda says 'Let us exit.'

The manor door creaks open.

Aelrena leaves east. >>
Sarinda follows Aelrena.

A Narrow Street
Sarinda is on a narrow stone side street that runs north and south. There
is a small house to the west. To the east you can see several roads meet.
[ obvious exits: E S W ]
Door west: manordoor
A warhorse has arrived from the west.

Sarinda senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Sarinda says 'May the Light illumine you, and see you safe to your journey's end.'

Sarinda senses Aelrena is channeling saidar.

A bright slash of light dilates into a gateway to another place.

Aelrena says 'And yourself, my friend.'

Aelrena steps through the gateway.
Sarinda follows Aelrena through the gateway.

Vines Before the Garden
The rows of dark foliaged grape vines come to a halt to the east as they
approach a dark wrought iron gate leading into a garden. Small swarms of
bugs flit up from the swamp to the west in little bundles. The ground
begins a steep decent to the south where the rich earth has sunk into the
murky edges of the swamp.
[ obvious exits: N W D ]
Zone: Illian Countryside
Door east: gardengate
Sarinda feels an odd disturbance in the Pattern here.
A glowing portal hovers here forming a gateway to another place.
A large, greenish reptile is here, showing a lot of teeth.
A large wet lizard tests the air with its forked tongue.

Aelrena has disbanded the group.
Sarinda stops following Aelrena.

Aelrena steps through the gateway.

isabel

Re: Secrets and Revelations

Post by isabel » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:34 am

Generally slow to read these posts but this was a fun read..plotting and suspicions grow! Always love a good Tower storyline.