Returning Home --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Leria

Returning Home --- &RPaward

Post by Leria » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Ely edit 20 Jul 2021.

2 qps

Total: 2 qps

Several weeks prior...

The whispers in the hallway were quiet,"Carlia Sedai came for her."

"Do you know where they were going?"

"I may eavesdrop but I'm not a snoop."

"Time to learn a lesson in gaining information"

Three novices slipped from their rooms and whispered to each other as they stepped along the hallway. A White Sedai, came around the staircase fresh from a conversation with Lelaine, and cleared her throat,"What timing, I need a tray with tea, and snack cakes brought to my room. You three can assist in the White Ajah rooms tonight."

A banded dress swayed from side to side, as two accepted stood in the hallway outside the Accepted's wing. "Have you even seen her? I swear that door hasn't opened in days. "

"I haven't either she was supposed to teach her usual geography lessons this morning and I had to cover it. She never misses a class. "

Maura waddled around the corner carrying a large tray with a over-sized teapot, a plate of hot stew with some bread, and a bottle of ink. "Accepteds like you should know better" the servant clicked her tongue as she unlocked the door to the Leria's room. The pair rose to the tips of their toes, but could see nothing as there appeared to be no light in the room.

"Is she injured? Sick? We should find Ali."

" I hope she's back from her travel, I would hate to bother a Yellow Sedai with this if Ali can check on her first."

From inside Leria smiled as she created a light ball,"I know you cannot speak to me Maura, but I find it amusing that the Accepted worry that I am ill. Set the tray here, I need to get started on something important.

Blue eyes scanned the parchment one final time.

One draft.

No corrections.

A leather string was tied around the scroll and passed to the servant who had been with her these last 75 years. "Maura, see that his is delivered immediately. No one but the addressee may see it, and none shall tear it from you. "

The warm teacup was lifted from the teacup and wrapped in her hands as Leria let out a slow breath. Rays of Light shone in from her window as she leaned back in her chair. It was almost time, she would soon go home, but the road would not be easy.

No response had come, but Leria rose one evening and padded out of her room. She ignored any who were in the hallway, gaping at her. She did not curtsy to the Aes Sedai in the Blue hallway as she found herself drawn to the Sitting Room of the Blue Ajah. Shamara, and a few Accepted were speaking inside. A wonderful way to spend her evening, tea and a lesson. It was just what she needed.

Annabelle and Etain roamed the hallway of the Accepted Wing of the Living Quarters. Etain examined her shield as Annabelle paced back and forth," by the Light there are a lot of Browns awake tonight. Is there some sort of new research coming out?" Etain tipped her shield one way looking at it in the candle light," I need to go get this mended," muttering to herself as if she hadn't heard Annabelle at all. "Kennira!" The Accepted called down the hallway as she made her way out of the Tower.

Annabelle watched he go, her eyes flitting this way and that, spying the door to Leria's room open,"I think I am going to head out. So many Aes Sedai in one place, something is happening. I can feel it." The low lighting in her room hid the soft smile that fell over her lips,"Why would you need to rush off if something is indeed happening tonight?" Annabelle seemed to pause in the doorwy for a moment, then whispered,"I am going to see if I can assist up North in the meantime. " A bright flash of white lit up her doorway as Annabelle stepped through to the gates of Fal Dara.

Thuvia entered the living quarters with scrolls in her hands, and called to a novice," You there, see that door, no the next one," She tried to point but her hands were preoccupied. "Yes That one, open it please." She entered her room, just in time to see Kennira open the doors and two Women wearing the Brown Shawl enter the Living Quarters. Silence followed them as they neared the open doorway. "Accepted, it is time." The Sitter spoke, as Thuvia appeared in the other doorway, curtsying to each in turn. "You grace our hallways with your presence." Carlia Sedai nodded once to her as the door opened once more. Damena strode in without paying any attention to the novice who was nearly squished behind the door. "Come now Child."

Leria, who was meditating,blinked once and wrote down a few spare lines in the journal as she heard the Older of the Browns reply,"This just goes to show, even the call of the Hall of Sitters can't tear an aspiring Brown from her research..." The woman inside smiled, closing the leather bound book and handed to to Maura. A faint whisper escaped her lips,"Add this to the others." She rose to her feet and turned and followed the other women out past Accepted and Novice alike, some with mouths open, knowing that this woman would never return as an Accepted to their Halls.

Through the Tower the women led her, down to the Hall of the Sitters. A pair of novices poked around the corner as the doors to the Living Quarters opened. The Four women paid no attention to the whispers that spread around them like wildfire. The Accepted were less visible with their whispers, but the novices held up hands, watching as the lone woman passed through the Halls of the Tower accompanied by three Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. The only thing separating her from the others was the banded dress, she carried herself much differently now. One girl in whites forgot to whisper as she blurted out,"Is she going to be kicked out?" Only after they descended the final step of the Spiraling Staircase did one of the Aes Sedai snicker softly. The words that followed were lost to the doors of the Hall sealing behind them.

The Bells of the Tower rang, and trumpets flared as a loud voice echoed through the Halls,"The Tower has grown in strength, our heritage lives on and the Shadow has weakened. The Shining Walls ring with news of a new Sister. Leria Sedai." The novices in the library stopped short of replacing books, dishes clattered to the floor as Laras paused in her scolding to smile for a moment, Accepted from the upper floors raced down the hallway to see who was raised and what shawl she bore. The staircase was lined with faces, the hallways a flood of white as Lyren exited the Hall followed by Elyse. Anaiya and Corelle were whispering on their way out, with Galina, Carlinya and Alanna behind them.

Danelle, Alayla and Fareleaen came last with a large group of browns. Damena, Divina, and Carlia amongst the caravan, as they ushered girls out of the way. Leria walked with a brown shawl across her shoulders as she was brought upstairs. More Aes Sedai lined the halls of the wing to welcome their sister home.

Maura stood in an empty doorway and bowed her head as Leria paused in front of the door. Her things had been moved during the ceremony, but this room was larger, and she had more room for her books, and notes. Leria passed her the jewelry box as the servant whispered,"Welcome home Leria Sedai." She smiled and gave the woman a hug,"Now the real work begins. As soon as my meeting is finished tonight, I will need tea, paper and a new journal. I believe one was ordered last week." Leria glanced into the room, her window faced the southwest. The sun was setting for the night, but a few rays were enough Light to make her feel welcomed Home.

Alison

Re: Returning Home

Post by Alison » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Several weeks prior...

"Come on, Ali." a Hand grabs for her hands.

"I cannot, don't you know what is happening all over the world right now? Accepted Leria is strong and i doubt you think what is happening is what is really going on. "

"Allliiiii..i am not a nagger, but she .. We dont know what to do."

Ali gently places her hands in a drying towel. To the north of the Accepted's quarters a few other Accepted watch the spectacle going on. Ali takes a deep breath and nods.

They quietly follow the hallways and just before they come around the Hall, a deeply frowning Leria passes close by. Ali frowns as she scans her friends face and body. A quick visual perusal yields information that is important for any healer at any given time.

She is limping slightly, must be that fight with a lizard from the novice's zone. Her back is straight though,

Quietly whispering to herself, but loud enough for the others next to her to hear.

"If you cannot make a logical, educated guess on what is transpiring here, then i suggest you spend a bit of time learning patience. She is doing what the wheel wills her to do. Now be off with you."

Ali turns her back on the Accepted and pass Etain on the way to the northern lands,

"Etain, i see you have those documents ... we need to track where this is going...." she ticks off a few points and smile deeply at her friends courage.

In her heart she wishes Accepted Leria the best of luck and the strength of Twenty aiel and the wisdom of knowledge to aid her in her quest.

Today..

"Come look at this, Ali. This animal is deranged and it looks like a animal from the northern blight" says her friend, his concern is as troubling as her own.

Ali bends down, lightly taking a carefully sharpened stick and documenting the animals sickened body. In the back of her mind the events of the last few months are suddenly highlighted by Leria Sedai''s test and those documents that hinted at what is going on.

The Wheel weaves as the wheel will, she whispers softly.