Macaroni The Pony, A Thank You To Feneon!! ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
alyse

Macaroni The Pony, A Thank You To Feneon!! ---&RPaward

Post by alyse » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:34 pm

Ely edit 28 December 2022:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o

Total: 1 qps

The aging Illuminator motioned towards the stablehand to assist her in removing a pack of spent tubes from the back of a mottled mare, its fiesty demeanor apparent in the quick nip she aimed at the boy's nearby digits.

"How are her hooves looking this week?" He asked carefully as he tried to shake off the pain of the fresh injury.

"She's favoring her left side again, so I suspect they need some attention." Alyse replied wearily, trying not to cast a disapproving glance toward the equine transport (that at the very least had gotten her back to Cairhien in one piece).

She began to loosen the straps that held her gear upon the back of the moody beast as a far away look passed over her face.

"I...I'm sure they'll find her, Mistress. How far could one pony get?" He knew his question was somewhat rhetorical, but no one in the Chaptherhouse wanted to say the words that would wound the woman the most: The pony was likely never coming back.

As the gear was finally removed and carted off by assistants, Alyse finally removed her dusty gloves and began to massage her tired fingers. "How long will you be back, Mistress?" The inquiry hung in the air a moment before Alyse was finally shaken from her reverie.

"Only for the night, I'm afraid. There are celebrations to be had for the gourd harvest, and so I think I'll take a hot bath and then I'll st..."

A loud racket outside of the Woodengate drew everyone's attention. Swords were quickly drawn and arrows nocked as the Assistant nearest the gate turned towards the courtyard, his face a mix of emotions.

"Get the Mistress." he managed with a hoarse voice as he turned back towards the gate and began the process of opening it more fully.

Alyse sniffed and then let out an exasperated sigh. "If this delays my hot bath by even a moment...if even ONE bubble pops before I can get to it..." as she suddenly stopped in her tracks.

Coming through the gate, a wearied farmer approached with a broad smile upon his face. "Greetings, Mistress. After some inquiries, I do believe that I have something that belongs to you. Now, don't mind the state of her, I cleaned her up as quickly as I could once I found her wandering in a glade several days' ride south of the city. How she got all the way down there is anyone's guess."

Alyse instantly dropped everything within her hands and ran towards the farmer. He opened his arms in anticipation of an embrace, but instead Alyse veered around him and embraced the spotted pony behind him, nuzzling her face against her long-lost pony.

"Macaroni! Where have you been?! Well, no matter! How much do I owe you? She is worth my entire year's income...ten times that, really." Her eyes and nose were both leaking fluid as happy tears flowed freely.

"Oh, 'tis nothing Mistress. Well, I mean, perhaps when you have some time, there is a festival coming up..." He barely got the words out of his mouth when she exclaimed "Consider it done! Thank you...kind sir..."

"Feneon." He replied, a pleased smile upon his face.

"Well, dear Feneon, you have my utmost thanks."
---------------------------------------------------------------
Within the Walled Courtyard
[ obvious exits: N S ]
A sculpture of a mounted warrior is centered upon a splashing fountain.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby.
A shaggy brown mare stands here.
A black stallion prances about.
A sturdy white-maned pony tosses its head here. <------------------ YAY!!!!!!
An Illuminator's assistant stands here carrying some colored tubes.
A shaggy brown mare stands here.
A black stallion prances about.

* HP:Healthy MV:Strong > l pony
Tossing its head wildly, its white manes flying, this pony eyes the world
with almond shaped brown eyes. Not very tall at the shoulder, it is used by
the Amayar to haul loads and for riding. The pony's flanks are covered by
large, oddly shaped white and black spots. High spirited it stamps a small
rounded hoof and snorts loudly.

A white-maned pony is in excellent condition.