Mourning the lost --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Aelrena

Mourning the lost --- &RPaward

Post by Aelrena » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:26 am

Template to use when awarding stories/ other entries:

Ely edit 14 Sept 2022:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o

Total: 1 qps

Summary: Aelrena considers the recent uncovering of Cera as a Darkfriend, and begins a period of mourning, while also making a vow.

Aelrena sits at the desk in her room, her expression grim as she taps the end of her pen against her cheek. Her eyes seemingly wander of their own accord to the bag laid against the leg of the desk and she lets out a long sigh. Putting the pen down, the Accepted sets aside the notes she was working on and retrieves a small poster. She gazes down upon the face of Cera Merimon, the poster declaring the woman’s status as a Darkfriend. “Oh Cera.”, she breathes, her face twisting briefly to an expression of pain and loss.

The woman stares at the poster for a time before placing it upon the desk and pulling a length of white ribbon from the bag. She then places it on the table and pulls her hair out its constant tail, picking up her brush and slowly dragging it through her hair. “The Tower has lost much with you.”, she muses as she continues brushing her long brown tresses. “Our names were written in the Novice Book around the same time, and we shared one of our first lessons on the Power.” Aelrena then takes the white ribbon and begins to plait it into her hair, slowly weaving it in. “Were you sworn to the Dark One even then?”, she lets out another long sigh, her hands gradually increasing in speed as her words turn to silence and she’s quiet for a moment.

“In truth, the answer doesn’t matter. Your choice has been made.” She finishes the braid, an elaborate work which clearly shows the ribbon of white as it falls down her back. She then pushes away from the desk, her plain, cushionless chair scraping loudly across the floor. The sound followed by a silence that seems palpable before the woman breaks it, “I mourn what you have done. I mourn that you’ve been lost to Shadow. But above all else, I mourn what must happen should we meet again.” Aelrena then opens herself to Saidar, the One Power filling her as she weaves tiny flows of Fire and Water, consuming the poster in a flash that leaves no mark upon the wooden surface. “Aes Sedai are to be a shield for those who dwell in the Light.” she remarks, the words filling the quiet room and seeming to resound back at the woman. The Accepted bows her head and closes her eyes. “I hope that the Light has mercy upon you, Cera, and that you find its grace again. For when I wear the shawl and our paths cross, I will not.” she whispers, her voice thinly veiled ice. The woman then strides from the room dousing the lamp with a flow of water and plunging the room into darkness.