Tales of a Brown- part 15-log with Kitiara ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Callesa

Tales of a Brown- part 15-log with Kitiara ---&RPaward

Post by Callesa » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Kitiara Sedai and Callesa Sedai discuss the upcoming trial of darkfriend Gevarha, and her interrogations.

Point of view: Callesa
Main participants: Kitiara, Callesa

Kitiara looks up from her desk and smiles

Kitiara clambers to her feet.

Kitiara greets you with a light kiss on your cheek.

You say 'Good evening, Sister'

You say 'Thank you for finding a moment for me.'

Kitiara says 'To what do I owe the pleasure?'

Kitiara sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Kitiara gestures towards the other chair across from the desk

You sit down on a stout oaken chair.

The desk slowly opens.

Kitiara puts away a report.

The desk slowly closes.

You say 'Well, I won't beat around the bush. I suppose you are already well informed about our
prisoner.'

Kitiara says 'Nasira?'

You say 'No, Gevarha.'

You say 'But I understand the confusion, there are too many darkfriends these days, and we cannot
even get our hands on all of them.'

You say 'It is the woman I arrested in Cairhien a few weeks ago.'

Kitiara nods in understanding

Kitiara says 'I have been away from the Tower a bit recently.'

You say 'Her crimes are numerous, she is a darkfriend, she has been abusing the One Power. This is
one former novice that got lost from our surveillance too much.'

Kitiara gestures to the pile of reports on the end of the desk before saying, 'I was just catching
up.'

You nod at her.

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Full >

Kitiara frowns.

You say 'I understand, Sister. I usually have a similarly tall pile after every absence.'

Kitiara says 'A case that will not help those in the Hall who wish to loosen the leash on our
Novices...'

You nod at her.

You say 'I am all for letting the girls without any chance to reach the Shawl go, and live a happy
and full life. But this one had other ambitions.'

You say 'She is finally beginning the realize that her masters won't save her. The gravity of her
situation is melting her stubborness, she will talk. And I will carefully listen.'

You say 'But we should start preparing the Trial.'

You say 'This is traditionally a matter for the Blue Ajah, so I wanted to discuss it with you as
soon as possible.'

Kitiara says 'I was just thinking such activity is not normally handled with the Brown.'

You say 'I have no doubts judges will be found, and surely a capable Seat of Rebuke. I will serve as
a witness and wouldn't accept another position due to my involvement, even if it was offered to me
in spite of the tradition'

You nod at her.

You say 'But it is hard to imagine anyone willing to serve as the Seat of Pardon.'

Kitiara says 'Typically in cases such as this if the evidence is strong enough the trial is less
important than the judgment, as was with Nasira. '

Kitiara says 'The facts were clear, it was just a matter of what to do with her.'

You say 'Well, Nasira is still listed as the member of the White Tower, so I don't think we should
take her trial and judgement as the best example. No offense meant, I just feel the White Tower
needs the catharsis for once, and an example to scare all girls foolish enough to follow Nasira's or
Lisennet's footsteps'

You say 'Gevarha surely needs to be protected from anyone wishing to shut her up, once she starts to
sing.'

Kitiara says 'Nasira is set to be stilled and executed. Just a matter of time (her logging on)'

You nod at her.

You say 'But we have no way of knowing, whether it will ever happen.'

You say 'Gevarha won't have such an option to postpone anything.'

You ponder life, the universe, and everything.

Kitiara says 'It is unfortunate that I am not up to speed on this girl, I find myself curious where
this is going...'

You say 'The fear for her life, or rather the life of all the information she knows, makes me wish
for a swift trial. But I want enough time to really squeeze her for all the value.'

Kitiara looks at you.

You say 'Is there any chance of offering her something for information?'

Kitiara ponders life, the universe, and everything.

You say 'Fear and defeat will do a part of the job. Some smaller comforts in prison may get more as
well. But if it comes to her being the key to saving other lives or other important goals of the
Tower, can we offer her something? Such as keeping her life, while stilled and imprisoned?'

Kitiara says 'What would you suggest... stilling and execution are the likely results of her turn to
the shadow, what could we offer in light of that likely verdict. '

You nod in agreement.

Kitiara says 'You assume her life will be worth much to her after being Stilled... '

You say 'You are right. I do not feel any sympathy for her, after all she imprisoned me. I am just
pondering the options.'

Kitiara says 'every girl here is taught to see one as an inevitability of the other. '

You nod at her.

You say 'Then my only chance is getting the most out of the interrogations before the Trial'

You nod at her.

Kitiara says 'Perhaps if she expressed some type of revenge on someone who betrayed her, or a loved
one she is worried about, that may be leveraged?'

You nod at her.

Kitiara says 'A promise to track down another who slighter her... of the implication that those she
holds dear may come into the focus of the White Tower.'

You say 'An excellent idea, even though I am not sure she loves anybody at all. But who knows what
useful grudges she might hold.'

Kitiara says 'Many Darkfriends have been mistreated by someone... but there from what I understand..
. darkfriends usually seem incapable of outing each other... so perhaps leading her to reveal
information on the grudge without having her name it explicitly. '

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Anything can help. She was part of an organized network and very ambitious. And one thing
that is plentiful in the daes dae'mar are enemies.'

Kitiara says 'That is often my approach'

You nod in agreement.

Kitiara says 'Perhaps starting with honey, amplifying her sense of herself... inquiring about how
unfair her task was to capture a full Aes Sedai, and how someone must have not given her the proper
tools.... '

You think really hard.

You say 'We are already starting by breaking her pride. The idea that she actually isn't worth much
to the Forsaken, that seems to have shaken her.'

Kitiara says 'Few are willing to admit when they are expendable. '

You say 'Well applied honey should give some results. And asking about the tools is exactly what I
am after, even though she hopefully still thinks I am after petty revenge.'

Kitiara says 'Without more intimate knowledge of the crime it is hard to offer much more. Though if
provided with such I could potentially become involved as a 3rd party...'

You nod at her.

Kitiara says 'Though it seems you have the situation in hand.'

You say 'We are dealing with most aspects of it. But as you've said yourself, the Trial is the
domain of the Blue Ajah.'

Kitiara says 'There is precedent for the Blue to take on a more advisory role in these kinds of
situations.'

You arch an eyebrow.

Kitiara says 'If Mother does want a publicized trial I imagine she will force us into it. '

You nod at her.

Kitiara grins wryly.

You say 'We don't know her intentions yet. She encouraged me herself to consult you first.'

Kitiara says 'Other than that I may suggest speaking with Jenda... she has a certain passion for
questioning Darkfriends that you would not expect in a Healer.'

You grin evilly.

You say 'Jenda is full of unexpected talents. '

Kitiara says 'There are different ways to go about, we deal with it quietly, still and execute the
girl hopefully not alerting any other Darkfriends after getting what we can out of her... or
publicizing it and showing all those the wrath of the Tower and what it means to stand against the
Light. '

Kitiara says 'Perhaps the Tower needs the spectacle these days... however I tend to prefer to work
more quietly myself. '

You say 'I am no White to put emotions fully aside, so I really hope for the latter. We are seen as
weak. We have our own girls turning against us. We have nations laughing at us and no longer taking
us for capable of dealing with channeling related problems.'

You say 'We need a spectacle, very different from those we've seen recently.'

Callesa frowns.

You say 'And if the trial preparation takes enough time, and we keep Gevarha alive during it, I
might succeed at discovering much more of her network.'

Kitiara says 'Perhaps... the Wheel Weaves...'

You say '... as the Wheel wishes. And it's high time it wished a victory for us.'

Kitiara says 'I appreciate your trust in me with this matter... with recent events I am surprised
the entire Tower isn't looking askance at each other. '

You smile at her.

You say 'Oh, we often are! But in the end, we have to choose allies and we have to trust at least
some people. I cannot do all of this alone. Nobody can.'

Kitiara looks out the East window and frowns, 'The Shadow is growing stronger, it can not mean
anything good...'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Never does. But we are growing stronger as well. '

Kitiara says 'If we decide to go for spectacle I will of course assist however I can, if there is a
full report of the incident I will try to read it. (is there a log?)'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'There are reports and I am finishing those from the arrest.'

You say 'I'll send you a message as soon as those are ready.'

Kitiara says 'Keep me up to date, I will assist where I can Sister.'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Thank you, I appreciate it.'

You smile at her.

Siro

Re: Tales of a Brown- part 15-log with Kitiara

Post by Siro » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:13 am

Awarded: