Losing a Battle - Narrowing the Search ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
lexica

Losing a Battle - Narrowing the Search ---&RPaward

Post by lexica » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 pm

A log in which Accepted and Brown Ajah Apprentice Lexica is approached by Erulisse Sedai of the Brown Ajah. Accepted Lexica quickly finds out Erulisse Sedai is an expert on the Trolloc Wars and her search for the lost battlefield is narrowed.

Point of view: Lexica
Main character: Erulisse

Tower Square
This side of the square is the southern section of the Tower Square.
In the center is the walled off White Tower. To the south a large
boulevard opens up leading to the Southharbor. To the north you see
the southern gate of the Tower grounds. The square continues east
and west.
A large banner rests here, depicting a map of Tar Valon.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A marble bench, flecked with gold and bronze, adorns the floor.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
An elaborately sculpted marble fountain splashes merrily.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A Tower Guard watches for signs of trouble.
A smartly dressed man ambles about here.
The Tar Valon town crier stands here, spreading the news.

Erulisse has arrived from the south.

Erulisse sits down and rests.

You curtsey before her.

You say 'Good Evening Erulisse Sedai'

Erulisse looks at you.

Erulisse says 'Hello Accepted'

Erulisse says 'What were you speaking with Liia about earlier?'

The night has begun.

You say 'We were speaking on the battle of Maighande and its location which is currently unknown.'

Erulisse nods approvingly.

You say 'Both Liia Sedai and Calessa Sedai gave me a number of take aways to continue my investigation.'

Erulisse says 'I gave my Accepted class on the subject of the Trolloc wars'

Erulisse says 'Rather a long winded affair I am afraid'

Erulisse says 'Both the war and the class '

You blink your eyes innocently.

Erulisse winks suggestively.

You say 'So you are familiar with Maighande as well? Did you spend anytime researching its location?'

Erulisse says 'I'm familiar with the battle yes'

Erulisse says 'As to its location'

Erulisse says 'I gave it some thought as an Accepted'

You say 'One of the lessons I learned from Catisune Sedai is that history can help prepare us for the last battle. Maighande was a great victory and I was hoping something could be gained by studying the battlefield itself.'

Erulisse says 'The fact that we don't know for sure where the battle was fought is interesting'

Erulisse says 'But given that we don't have farmers digging up bones and old arrow heads in their thousands'

Erulisse says 'It has to be somewhere in the wilds'

Erulisse says 'Also given the size of the battle, it has to be somewhere near major water sources'

You gasp in astonishment.

Erulisse says 'Otherwise they couldn't have moved an army of hundreds of thousands of men and horses into position'

You say 'So my plan was to focus on the nations that participated in the battle and their location.'

Erulisse says 'Green's aren't good record keepers but they wouldn't risk drawing an army away from water, and that many men would drink wells dry'

Erulisse nods in agreement.

Erulisse says 'A good strategy'

You say 'and to use their location to try to identify a point that would be logical for armies to converge. The water source is another way to identify this meeting point.'

You nod in agreement.

Orenas has arrived from the west, riding a Domani razor.

Orenas knuckles his forehead in honor of all within view.

You say 'Do you know if any of the Greens are versed in history? Calessa and Liia suggested I speak with a Green on Rashima Kerenmosa.'

Erulisse snickers softly.

The sun casts a golden glow over the city.

Erulisse says 'I've never known a green to be able to see past her next dress and warder'

Erulisse says 'I'm certain that with some work you might find one who knows who Rashima was'

Orenas leaves east riding a Domani razor.

Erulisse says 'Alot of girls do start out that way after all, enchanted with the tales of the Warrior Amrylin and her army of Warders'

You say 'Why would anyone want that? Draz Gaidin is bothersome enough constantly asking questions and I am not even an Aes Sedai!'

Erulisse snickers softly.

Erulisse says 'I've never had a warder myself'

Erulisse says 'I can't say that I have ever really seen the appeal either'

Erulisse says 'But I suppose it might make sense for a Green'

You say 'Do you think the battle occurred near the blight or somewhere in the south?'

You say 'I have been looking towards the north but had not considered how far south the trolloc horde advanced.'

Erulisse says 'I believe the battle took place to the west, possibly between the Black Hills and the foot hills of the Misty Mountains'

Erulisse says 'Tar Valon's principle and strongest allies were west and south, with the City forming a natural strategic salient'

Erulisse says 'The histories suggest that Tar Valon was in danger of being cut off'

Orenas has arrived from the east, riding a Domani razor.

Orenas leaves north riding a Domani razor.

Erulisse says 'And I can only imagine that as being the result of a thrust downwards and to the west'

Orenas has arrived from the north, riding a Domani razor.

Erulisse says 'Otherwise the Trollocs themselves would have been pinned between Tar Valon and the Dragonwall'

You say 'Aridhol and Manetheren had fallen at that point. Remaining nations of the Compact were to the west and south.'

You nod in agreement.

Erulisse says 'Its still a big area to consider'

Erulisse says 'But I think west somewhere in the old Kingdom of Caralain '

Erulisse says 'You could probably also surmise that it is north of Adrihol'

Erulisse says 'Though that isn't certain'

You say 'East of Maradon would also make sense'

Erulisse says 'Probably east and a deal south, the actual Kingdom of Saldaea is fairly heavily cultivated, as is Kandor'

Erulisse nods in agreement.

Erulisse says 'And we don't have a location either from local ledgends or from artifacts turning up when farmers plow'

Erulisse says 'The eastern bank of the river near Irianjivar perhaps'

You say 'Water source, this would be a river not a lake likely?'

Erulisse says 'It could be a lake certainly'

Orenas leaves south.

Erulisse says 'Infact if the battle itself were fought on a lake sure which has since grown to swallow the battle field'

Erulisse says 'That would account for how difficult it is to find'

Erulisse says 'Also consider that the battle was certainly fought with weather, possibly on both sides'

You nod in agreement.

Erulisse says 'Which could account for such a disruption'

Erulisse says 'Cloud dancing at the scale where 'sheets of lightning devoured the enemy' is likely to have some serious local weather effects'

Erulisse says 'I'm afraid I must be about other bussiness'

Erulisse says 'Best of luck in your search'

Erulisse says 'Oh'

Erulisse says 'One more thing'

Erulisse says 'Its possible you might find clues to your search in old maps'

Erulisse says 'Sometimes battle sites are mentioned, or towns take the names of battles'

You say 'thank you for your help'

You curtsey before her.

Siro

Re: Losing a Battle - Narrowing the Search

Post by Siro » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:37 am

Awarded 4 Qps each.