Testing Angreal ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Reyne

Testing Angreal ---&RPaward

Post by Reyne » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:09 pm

This has since been nerfed and made not possible so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a story amalgamation of a couple in-game interactions, some notes, and whatnot. I was very excited to discover this :lol: Didn't ever use the circlet in PvP as it seemed really unfair. Fun to discover secrets regardless, though.

Anyway!

Testing Angreal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The carving exploded, splinters of wood battering the dome of air weaves that contained it.

“Hm. Didn’t blow up the last time.”

Reyne Sedai continued muttering to herself as she made a note and released the dome.

Angreal. Wood carving, bear. Unknown. Further testing may be dangerous. Wood material may be unstable. Repeated testing not advisable.

She glanced over at the small stack of moonstone discs in the corner of the room. The initial discovery had prompted further investigation. Mostly disappointing, so far, except for a particular circlet she had in her pouch. She absently reached in and ran a finger over the circlet while pondering. Mostly disappointing but... with a couple very pleasant surprises.

A weave of air swept the desk clear as she put a necklace of fire sapphires in the carving’s place. A shimmering dome of nearly completely translucent air materialized over the angreal, as before.

A weave of spirit reached out. Nothing. A tendril of fire reached out… nothing. Water, nothing. Earth, nothing. Air reached out, nothing. Dozens of weaves in dozens of combinations reached out to no avail.

Reyne again cleared the desk and scribbled more notes.

Angreal. Fire sapphire necklace. Unknown. Appears inert. What happens if one channels strong fire weaves into the gems? Wearing the necklace while channeling into it does *not* appear to have any effect on the bearer. Further testing is needed.

She gazed into the translucent sphere beside her. The appearance of greenish dancing flames, flickering as light refracted through the orb, seemed dulled since that morning. The angreal had also been marked “inert” in her notes. So far, the circlet and the moonstone discs were the most promising.

Angreal. Sculpted Statue. Unknown. Further testing required.

Angreal. Ivory Figurine. Unknown. Testing required.

Angreal. Orb filled with light. Unknown. Verin Sedai claims this exists but has no records. In any case, she has none available.

Setting the quill down, she ran a finger across her chin as she gathered her thoughts.

'I wonder if the Browns have researched any of this already. Probably not keen to share if they have, though. Still, a few circumspect questions won’t hurt…'

A voice interrupted Reyne’s musing.

“What is going on in here?”

A fellow Blue sister had poked her head in - her face full of concern where normally a neutral expression was kept carefully guarded.

'She almost looks like she is deciding if she needs to panic or not.'

“Before I answer, you will keep this within the Blue Ajah for now, yes?”

The Aes Sedai looked a bit perplexed but replied “Of course, Reyne.”

“Well. In short, I had a small hunch and I followed up on it. I have consequently made some discoveries about these angreal.” She gestured at the room’s contents.

“... a hunch, sister?” The Blue looked apprehensively around the room, at the stack of intact angreal, and the fragments of debris scattered across the floor. “That seems…”

Reyne kept a blank expression as she listened to her sister’s warnings.

“I am aware of the danger, sister. I believe fear of the unknown has, however, constrained us for too long. Hold on to something sturdy and observe. This will be strong.”

Reyne took the circlet from her pouch and channeled a small trickle of spirit into it.

Her sister’s eyebrow raised, “What are you - “

*BOOM*

Violent winds sprang from the circlet in Reyne’s hand. As if in the eye of a storm, Reyne Sedai stood untouched as her sister was swept off her feet in a swirl of papers and debris.

Reyne wore a faint smile as her sister clambered back up onto her feet.

“Light. That is powerful.”

Reyne nodded. “Indeed.”

“Could have given me some more warning.” admonished the Blue. “Regardless. You can do that simply by channeling a tendril of spirit?”

Reyne nodded again. “In the correct way, yes. The barest of effort and an immediate result. I have a couple of these circlets - they seem to be of a similar kind. I plan to investigate the boundaries of this effect.”

Reyne picked up a cloudy disc of moonstone and handed it to her sister. “Now, if you trust me, channel as such…”

After a moment, the Blue sister gasped. “I did not realize this disc felt wrong until it suddenly felt right again.”

Reyne smiled faintly. “As if it is brand new, no? It takes a bit out of you, as I am sure you have noticed, so care must be taken. Like channeling near a portal stone.”

Her sister still looked a bit shaken. “Sister, this is extremely dangerous. Experimenting with angreal and other artifacts from the Age of Legends...”

Reyne glanced over and said “I expect my last words will be ‘Huh, that’s odd.’”

Callesa

Re: Testing Angreal

Post by Callesa » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:39 pm

I love this, thank you!

Siro

Re: Testing Angreal

Post by Siro » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 am

Awarded 3 Qps and tally updated.