Tales of a Brown - part 9 -a log with Fuujin ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Callesa

Tales of a Brown - part 9 -a log with Fuujin ---&RPaward

Post by Callesa » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:34 am

Ely edit 29 Jul 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Rplizer +1 qps : x
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : x
Length bonus +1-2 qps : o

Summary: +1 qps : x

Total: 6 qps

A log in which Callesa Sedai visits Tear to get information gained by Lady Fuujin. The caught smuggler agrees to cooperate, after some convincing, and provides information leading to Tarabon. Callesa gets to inspect the wares.

Point of view: Callesa
Main character: Fuujin
Main character: Callesa

Fuujin smiles happily.

You ponder life, the universe, and everything.

You say 'Isn't there a better place, than the square?'

A Defender of the Stone looks at Callesa and offers the slightest of greetings, grimacing all the
while.

People look at the lady fuujin talking to an aes sedai

Fuujin says 'Aye, I figured this would be easier to find you. I will take you to where we need to
be'

---walking through the city of Tear—

The City Docks
The large flat stones of the docks provide the last firm footing for the
many mariners that leave Tear from this particular dock in search of
distant lands. Houses and inns can be seen towards the east, down muddy
dirt streets between the gray stone warehouses. To the north, the wooden
doors of one of the Chalm's warehouses have been left open. Westward the
view is of a wide but very busy river, with ships of different colors,
shapes and sizes queuing up to enter the harbor, just to the south.
[ obvious exits: N E S ]
Door north: door
A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
A Tairen bloodstock stallion stands here, tail swaying with the breeze, being ridden by you.
Lady Fuujin Oaks the Head of House Romee, Protector of Godan ^T9^ {D} is standing here.

Fuujin opens the double wide doors of a large warehouse and ushers everyone in.

Callesa glances inside before entering

Fuujin leaves north.
You follow Fuujin.

In a Stone Warehouse
One of many warehouses here in the Chalm, this one seems especially
disorganised as it is shared among many of the merchants and shippers.
Crates of goods with all manner of goods lie on them, piled right up to the
roof. To the west you can see out a window, and to the east is more of the
warehouse. Tear's gray stone docks are to the south, beyond the sailors and
dockmen carrying bales and sometimes hauling barrows in and out the door.
[ obvious exits: E S ]
Door south: door
A Defender of the Stone serves his superiors here.
Lady Fuujin Oaks the Head of House Romee, Protector of Godan ^T9^ {D} is standing here.
A Defender of the Stone maintains peace in the city.

Fuujin closes the door.

Callesa looks around.

Fuujin says 'Brock, go get him'

Fuujin gives a Defender of the Stone an order.
A Defender of the Stone heads deeper into the warehouse and disappears from sight.

Fuujin says 'After our talk last, I went searching'

You nod at her.

Fuujin says 'There's a lot of warehouses around, but they weren't as clever as they thought'

Fuujin says 'I happened upon some shady characters and while I can't tell an angreal from a rock, I
think we've found who you were lookin for'

Callesa smiles slightly

You say 'What makes you believe it's them?'

Fuujin says 'Shady characters moving crates in the dead of night...they weren't up to any good one
way or another'

Fuujin says 'But then I questioned one and...'

A Defender of the Stone returns, dragging a fat man, bound, gagged, and sobbing behind him.

Fuujin nods at a Defender of the Stone.

Callesa observes the bound man, not a single muscle of her face moving.

Fuujin says 'Master Warren, why don't you tell my friend what you told me?'

A Defender of the Stone removes the gag from Master Warren's mouth, his sobbing growing louder,
dried blood on his face still. "Oh light, please don't hurt me anymore..." he manages to choke out.

Fuujin says 'Enough crying, speak'

A Defender of the Stone prods Master Warren. "Look, I just do what I ask. I receive the goods, I
bring them here and store them, and then I take them to Cairhien. That's it, I don't know anything
else!"

You say 'And whom do you receive the goods from?'

A Defender of the Stone prods Warren harder. "Ahndrin. Ahndrin Felore. He operates out of Tarabon."

Fuujin nods at you.

You say 'And this man also gives you the orders and pays you?'

Warren nods fervently

You say 'How often do you receive your goods or payments?'

Callesa seemingly unknowingly plays with the serpent ring on her hand while listening.

A Defender of the Stone seems to be enjoying prodding the man, as he jabs him in the side again.
Warren grunts before continuing, "Every month when I return to Tarabon I pick up a new shipment. I
get paid when I hand him a signed invoice, guaranteeing that all the goods made it safely."

Callesa glances at Fuujin.

Fuujin produces a ledger from within her belt pack. "This is the invoice for the shipment. It
doesn't go into particular, but everything is itemized. I checked it against the goods in the crates
and it seems to line up."

You say 'I will require your cooperation, Master Warren. Full information, copies of all the
invoices from the past, and where do you meet your supplier.'

You say 'Further violence may not be necessary, that depends on you.'

Callesa smiles on the poor man without her smile reaching the eyes.

A Defender of the Stone goes to prod the man, but he speaks up first "I don't keep copies, Ahndrin
takes the signed papers back every time, no paper trails except what the Defender has in her
possession now. But I can tell you where I meet him..."

You say 'Oh, then you'd better have a very good memory, while you'll be writing an overview for us.'

You say 'You should keep on mind your best interests, Master Warren.'

You say 'The quality of our collaboration will decide, whether you'll be facing just the Tairen
autorities concerning your smuggling, or you'll be facing much more concerning your association with
a darkfriend.'

A Defender of the Stone grins at the merchant who chokes on snot, "Aye, I'll tell you everything,
but please don't tell him you got this from me. He'll kill me. I've got family...please."

You say 'I believe you don't want me to suspect you of hiding information from me or Lady Fuujin. '

Callesa glances at Fuujin.

You say 'We will do all that we can to protect them. After all, your family was not involved, were
they?'

Fuujin flashes a fang-toothed grin at Warren, while inspecting her fist. Warren shakes his head in
response, "No, they know nothing, I swear."

You say 'Lady Fuujin will surely take care of them, as they are Tairen subjects, and their safety
falls in her responsibilites, if I am not mistaken.'

Fuujin nods at you.

Fuujin says 'Nothing will happen to them so long as they're on Tairen soil, I can promise at least
that much. What happens to you?'

Fuujin shrugs helplessly.

Fuujin says 'Depends on a number of things...like how good your memory is'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'How reliable is the information about the next rendez vous in Tarabon?’

Fuujin says 'He told me that he usually arrives at the beginning of every month, so it shouldn't be
too long before he's expected to return'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'We don't have much time then.'

Fuujin nods in agreement.

You say 'You'd better get writing, master Warren. If your hands hurt too much, we can leave the
citygate, while I'll heal you. Or you can see the local wisdom about it.'

Fuujin says 'Oh, no worries about that. Brock can write while he dictates'

Fuujin's fang-toothed grin doesn't quite reach her eye.

Callesa nods briefly.

You say 'I hope his writing on paper will be at least as legible as that on the poor man's body.'

A Defender of the Stone grins, "I'm quite the scribe, Aes Sedai."

Callesa nods at Brock.

You say 'Thank you, Lady Fuujin. We've made a lot of progress, thanks to your efforts and skill.'

Fuujin says 'You honor me, Aes Sedai. I appreciate the tip off'

Fuujin says 'If you'd like, we can inspect these crates and you can tell me if they're what we
thought they were'

Fuujin motions to a large opened crate sitting at the wheels of a wagon-bed.

You say 'As we agreed, you may claim any objects found in Tear to be left under your protection. I would like to inspect the crates first though.'

Callesa hurries to the crate

Callesa carefully touches a few of the objects. Mostly smaller things, statuettes, stones, cutlery, toys, jewels.

Callesa turns to Fuujin: "Most of these are not what you think. But some seem to be..."

Fuujin nods in agreement.

Callesa takes and holds one thing after another, and puts each of them back in the crate.

You say 'I don't dare to try more here in Tear, surrounded by so many, however...'

Callesa takes one silver bracelet out of the lot.

Fuujin catches your eye, "You know, some of the lines on this ledger are a bit smudged, I'm going to
step out to see if i can't make some of them out in the daylight..."

A Defender of the Stone takes Master Warren further back into the warehouse to get the information
from him.

Callesa hides the bracelet into a pocket of her cloak quickly

Callesa calls you back: "I think these will fit your collection in the Stone of Tear without any doubt"

Fuujin returns with a smile, "Ah, perfect. I'm sure my superiors will be happy to have these off the
street."

Callesa sighs as she closes the crate.

Callesa’s hand touches the crate for a while longer than necessary.

Fuujin says 'Tarabon is far outside of my jurisdiction, but if someone from there is using my city
as a place to traffic illegal goods...If you need my assistance again, I would be glad to offer it'

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Thank you, Lady Fuujin. I will.'

You say 'Please, call me, when Master Warren's Memoire is ready.'

A sharp cry from within the warehouse echoes throughout followed by more sobbing

You nod in agreement.

Fuujin says 'Brock will certainly get everything you need from him'

You say 'And thank you as well, Defender Brock.'