Who am I? ---&RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Tagfih

Who am I? ---&RPaward

Post by Tagfih » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 am

Ely edit 27 nov 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o

Total: 2 qps

My weave in this wheel has been short, or has it?

My formative years were spent wandering across this great land. It was peace that I yearned for, but could not find, not even in the Two Rivers where the days allow for too much thought.

Trying to make a living, I learned how to mine iron from the ground while spending time in Baerlon. Backbreaking work compared to herding sheep but it keeps one's mind occupied from disturbing images. I then turned to the forges. The work was not near as dark and dank as the mines! Quite the opposite! Hot, dry work! While at home, I protected our sheep with the bow but I have developed an affinity for the spear. A strange thing for w wool headed shepherd!

I met many wonderful people in my travels as I sought to put away a little something for a rainy day. Members of a merchant guild. Ylsa stands out as one who was helpful in guiding me. Ominas in showing me that there is are dark places in this world. Hidden things, things not seen on my solo journeys.

But one fateful day, while pondering life in Whitebridge, towering beasts attacked! There were too many! As I left WB to the north, I then sped eastward towards Caemlyn and safety. In my haste, I ran past the one horse I had earlier hidden for safety without realizing it until it was too late. Within sight of the city gates, the entire world spun away.

As my life hung in limbo, the visions returned. A Red Banner, an Eagle, a man, resembling my father but not my father, a relative from many generations ago, turned and said "Run! Follow your queen" As a young lad, I saw no danger, felt no fear. I tried to stay but my mother gathered me into her arms and we hurried towards a city. "Father" had said he would be there in days, but they turned into weeks. The orders came to flee the city. I knew....I would never see my father. Home would never be home.

Mother preserved my life in the Mountains beyond the Mountains of Mist.

Suddenly I am in a field soaked in blood. I see the body of my father beneath the banner. I see bodies of 10 beasts around him. The same beasts that I saw in WB.

Snapping awake. I knew my calling. To serve my home. How I did not know.

Later, I spoke with a guard in Caemyln at the city gates. Mhaliah, about this dream. He spoke of a group of Red Eagles. Considering them separatists, he spoke somewhat disparagingly of their company.

What he did not know is he had answered my question. Knowing it would not be a pleasing topic to discuss with him further and considering him a valiant man even if thinks the knee should be bent, I set out for Emond's Field.

Ominas

Re: Who am I?

Post by Ominas » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Nice Tagfih. Looking forward to reading more

Tagfih

Re: Who am I?

Post by Tagfih » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:40 am

Ely edit 27 Nov 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: x

Total: 2 qps

Today, after a long journey, I arrived in Emond's field. The journey was a long one taken from Caemyln to Emond's Field through Lugard. As I made my way west. I stayed for a time in Remen. There is river passage available there to a Seanchan outpost that lies east of Baerlon and south of the Caemlyn Road. While giving my horse time to rest I visited there for a time. An old lady there had lost her cane! I assisted her with her need for it is in the company of wisdom that one learns from the mistakes of others. Being among those Seanchan was nerve wracking, but they seemed to keep to themselves so I did the same.

After returning to Remen, the fellow there announcing the news let me know that he was looking for a few items. I helped him furnish his home with a few antelope hides. In my youth I would have used a bow to takes down the antelope, but using new skills I have learned with my spear, I charged them and knocked them down with a couple of bashes when they weren't quite dead and reared up suddenly when I approached. Luckily for me I am somewhat nimble of foot, preferring the use of a spear with a shield. As I journeyed further west, I killed a few cats and bears, leaving behind meat for any weary traveler. Any death without purpose has no meaning.

While I do not dance nearly as nice as some when death comes calling as they sidestep the adversary's every move, I feel having some armor combined with with movement offers the best style for a young soldier who seeks to balance exploring the world alone and fighting the shadowspawn amongst dedicated soldier/brothers.

Anyway, I found the antelope hides soft enough underfoot, that I took a couple along for myself. Perhaps a change from the deer hides that are more plentiful near Emond's Field. I plan to buy a farm in on the outskirts of Emonds Field. Hopefully near Tam. An interesting character is he. Doesn't talk much but keeps the farm in order and serves on the Village Council. Until I find the right property, I will stay in the inn or camp in the surrounding area.

A young soldier myself, I gladly offer my assistance to others who are truly new to the area.

While those of experience will likely find my skills and knowledge lacking, know that I can be counted on to answer the call if the shadow falls across the lands surrounding Emond's Field.

I hear that there are Red Eagles near here. I hope to meet one, for it is in the company of wisdom that one learns from the mistakes of others.

Tagfih