Frustrations, fear, and running away. --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Trouse

Frustrations, fear, and running away. --- &RPaward

Post by Trouse » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Ely edit 31 Jul 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o/x

Total: 1 qps, soon he'll be yelling about pink lizards breathing fire...

I pulled my green coat with golden bees embroidered on it close around me as crossed the Bridge of Flowers headed back to the northern side of Illian. Flowers. Hah. The Illianer had a certain humor about them that I wasn’t used to. The Borderlands were different and I knew before I headed south to volunteer for the Companions that there would be challenges, I just hadn’t expected such a stench to be one of them.

I clenched my teeth as I entered the square and saw a black cat sauntering by. Ugh. Filthy creatures. That was another challenge. I was allowed to kill them up north.

I admired Lord Atienne, he was fearless and led well but I was annoyed and frustrated with his seeming indifference to my hatred of those despicable creatures. He refused to let me slaughter them in Illian. Surely he could see the genocide they had wreaked on mice for countless generations? I am merely…. balancing the scales.

I muttered underneath my breath about wanting to euthanize cats, which made me think of that Crazy Cat Lady that spent so much of her time in Fal Dara. Gretchal? Graethan? Gratchin? Something like that… she was nice enough outside of her fascination with cats.

I looked up, realizing I had gotten so lost in my thoughts that I had started to walk toward the Palace - probably to talk with Fory, he always had wise words when I was feeling discouraged. And I was feeling discouraged. I had just finished a long week patrolling the Illian countryside routing bandits and miscreants. I had even found a patrol of Tairen soldiers I’d had to eliminate. They wouldn’t surrender. Stupid.

I hadn’t expected to get so immersed in the hatred of Tear but it came quickly and easily. I suppose hatred always comes easily to man, and I have been surrounded by the hatred of Tear every waking moment for the past two years. I really do hate them. How can they be so dense? They’re defending a useless hunk of geology stuffed to the brim with artifacts that the Aes Sedai could be using to fight the Shadow in the Blight. Why don’t they see they’re doing harm, not good?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I do miss having Warders to spar with. They were always the best, and while it wasn’t common we had Warders regularly enough in Kandor that I learned a lot from them. Warders and Aes Sedai almost never traveled this far south. There is a Red that wanders the road regularly but I don’t want to talk to her.

Did I make a mistake coming down south? Maybe I should have stayed and defended the Blightborder….

No, I did the right thing. The south needs defending as much as the north, especially Illian. The Hunt will start here, and if I am going to find and protect the horn I have to find and protect the Hunters. Yes. That’s right. I did the right thing. They’ll be fine without me up there. They don’t need any help, the Blight is receding anyway… everyone says so.

Smiling, I spun around and headed back across the bridge toward Easing the Badger and the Golden Bee.

A good drink is what I need.

Ominas

Re: Frustrations, fear, and running away.

Post by Ominas » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Nice man. Would love to see more

Trouse

Post by Trouse » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:10 am

Thanks!

Siro

Post by Siro » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:42 am

Thanks for posting. I have found a Qp for you under the skirts of a lady in the Feathered Fan.
Last edited by Siro on Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trouse

Post by Trouse » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:04 am

Saucy!