Death and Life of an Aes Sedai --- &RPaward

...for in character discussions, contributions and Wheel of Time themed stories.
Alison

Death and Life of an Aes Sedai --- &RPaward

Post by Alison » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Ely edit 31 Jul 2021:

1-6 qps, depending on length and quality.

Potential +1 qp: if part of a series: o/x

Total: 1 qps

Today I died.

It was not a day of musical numbers by Gleemen or bands playing. There was no songs from the heavens that stopped the world from going on.

I was in my bed. It was after a bad patch of something , felt like kidneys. Felt like pain that seared my side.

Out the window to my left was the world going on.

My breathing stopped. As a person of logic and mind, i am constantly aware of what my breathing is doing. It helps with meditation and regulation of existence, by counting the breaths you take.

It stopped. And i died.

But at the time that i died. I did not think . Hey, i am dead. No. It was just this immense quiet.

You dont realise how much noise is in the world until there is no more noise. I went to another place. A place of calm, quiet. A voice said. Say good bye to your sister.

"Good bye, sister!" i replied to the voice. This is a thing that you do. When you are instructed by a disembodied voice to say goodbye.

As i moved in this void. The calm was with me.

There was a voice in my head (?).

"What are you doing here?" said the voice and it sounded like my neighbour that died a few days before.

I did not particularly like this guy or know him well. My sister did.

And then i was back.

Or that is all that i remember from that side.

Breathing resumed. Life came back and everything is different. Duller, less than before.

There was a cat sleeping on my chest. I remember him holding my left hand as his up and down movement resumed. His small claw grasping my left hand. An abstract thought occured to me that , Yes. You died. and the cat just holds your hand.

It has been days since i returned. My gaidin took it in his stride when i told him. Granted he is under the weather as well . What i had might have
translated through the bond. I dont know.

How many people will believe me. I dont care if they do. It happened. Probably will again at some future date. Where i am alive.

And then i am dead.

What now, Ali. ? Where do we go from here?

Why did we get sent back?

So many questions and no answers. I feel a longing to that void. As if a part of me stayed there. The one power has that same effect on my soul as the other side does.

And everyone in my life that i have told. They believe.

I dont think i do. Why did i not see someone that passed before me. A mother, a father, a sister?

Why an old friend that i didnt even know.

As my sister like to say. Now what.
And i adopted those words into my life too.

Artal

Re: Death and Life of an Aes Sedai

Post by Artal » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Interesting read, I loved it! Thank you for posting it.

Siro

Post by Siro » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:44 am

Yes, thank you!

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Nice! Good job Alison