Trade complete

... your local hustling, bustling marketplace, filled to the brim with rare and precious items from the four corners of the known world.
Elway

Trade complete

Post by Elway » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:55 am

This trade has finished successfully.
Last edited by Elway on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Valjean

Re: Heron Long for Copper Chit

Post by Valjean » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:29 pm

You need to find someone to give you two iron chits for the heron. Then i'll give you a copper for the 2 iron chits! Deal!? Deal!

Valjean

Post by Valjean » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Nobody said they were... But this is commerce and bargaining. I don't care how he gets two chits, but I have a copper chit. He wants a copper chits and I want two iron chits. I'm merely suggesting that is a possible way he can get his copper chit, is to give me two iron chits.

Also, chits in general are probably less worth than a heron... seeing how there are actually more chits than herons these days. With Elysia's auctions, i think like 5 people got copper chits and then 5 people got iron chits.. Don't know for sure, just assuming, but if that's the case, when did you ever hear of 5 heron longs being given out.. or even 2?

Heron Longs are a lot more rare than iron/copper chits. And any chit short of an iron/copper is worth only 1/2 a heron, if not even less.

Elyse

Post by Elyse » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Except that many chits get used and hence disappear. It takes quite a bit longer for a heron to decay or get dted. I'd be shocked if there are more iron / copper chits in existence than herons.

That said, this is all moot. The value is what the two people who make a trade decide it is. The market is far, far too illiquid to pin down anything as "correct" value.

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:45 pm

Elyse wrote:The market is far, far too illiquid to pin down anything as "correct" value.
One Zarth is worth a thousands Davors. Or half a Flarn.

Elodin

Post by Elodin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Diamond-water paradox?! Value is subjective, folks, why would you argue over it :p

Elway

Re: Heron Long + 2 cuffs for Copper Chit

Post by Elway » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:46 pm

I edited my post to add 2 Jeweled Wrist-cuffs to my offer.