Unique for Trade

... your local hustling, bustling marketplace, filled to the brim with rare and precious items from the four corners of the known world.
Jumi

Unique for Trade

Post by Jumi » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:39 pm

Al'Akir's Despair, the bronze-headed voulge of the Malkieri

It is Al'Akir's Despair, the bronze-headed voulge of the Malkieri.
It is a two-handed polearm.
Offensive bonus: 98, Parrying bonus: 86, Damage: 8d5.
It has been honed and hardened by a Master Blacksmith.
It is in pristine condition.

16.2 lbs

The unique rules are opaque, so maybe an immortal can clarify. I don't know if I can trade this. I won roll on my rogue and alted it and was playing and was told I couldn't alt the unique. can I trade it, can I still turn it in for rent credit?

My understand was that the rule was you have to play the character that has the unique, and the post that says you can't alt the unique was referring to transferring among your alts after the first time to be able to play multiple alts. Please advise.

Feneon

Re: Unique for Trade

Post by Feneon » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:36 pm

Variety of different statements have been about uniques, but I've compiled and updated information onto the main Rules page.

I'm pasting this here:

1) You are alt tied if you have a unique and must be active on the alt that has the unique. Exception being clan administration duties(clanning or ranking)
2) If you want to play an alt, you may store the unique in your clan chest and play alts. However, anyone in the clan may take an use the unique.
3) You cannot store a unique in R8 or personal rents
4) You may not pass uniques between your alts.

It would be against the spirit of the rules to transfer a unique cross-race and that unique would be removed. However, you can transfer it on the same side if you end up with the item. For this we would consider Light Side, Seanchan Side, and Dark Side all cross-race transfer.

Historically, when we had 67 uniques we didn't allow trading. We don't have an explicit policy for it at this time, but if that changes we'll update the rules and I'll post again to clarify.

Jumi

Post by Jumi » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:46 pm

This is from the unique discussion thread:

Post by Feneon » Tue May 24, 2022 8:48 am
RE: Trading--if we are allowing turn-ins for the weapon then trading is a relevant way for someone to gain value out of a unique that is behind progression. For any trading of them, as likely or unlikely as it occurs, just use the forums Tairen Bazaar with offers and posts so that we can track it and so that a public value is established for the item in the case that a new player gains an item and then gets undercut because they don't know the value of the item. If trading begins to be an issue where the items are traded more often than played then we'll look at establishing clear rules around it.

So if you want to trade for this please post here, I almost lost it 4 times under 10 hps already, so make an offer quick ;P

Jumi

Post by Jumi » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:23 am

Traded for a silver sai, a razor longsword and an obsidian staff to the Gaidin Davor.