Syncing CMUD Across Two Comps

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Sanguine

Syncing CMUD Across Two Comps

Post by Sanguine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:22 pm

I used to do this via Dropbox a number of years ago, but can't for the life of me remember exactly how to do it, which files and settings. I'd like to keep the same map, scripts, sessions, window layout, etc., between two computers. Anyone else do this, and how?

Kerryk

Re: Syncing CMUD Across Two Comps

Post by Kerryk » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

I was doing this with zMUD in google drive, but it would update all the time and I was having some issue I forget now... I got around it by turning off google drive’s auto update during play and then turning it back on after. Worst issue with this was when I would get lazy or forget to do it. I will look at cMUD and see if I can figure out the best way to do it.

Think issue was trying to save a database while it was in use, maybe. Perhaps an ondisconnect trigger will work...

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 pm

I think maybe if your CMUD setting folder was in Dropbox?

Alison

Post by Alison » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:28 am

hi

i use one drive folder with the map file, zfg files, pkg files as well as vyumap.dbm inside a folder
named chrischars.
Then i just let cmud open it to that folder that inside one drive. Just close one drive otherwise it will keep trying to update the files