Looking for a PK Instructor

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Razhak

Re: Looking for a PK Instructor

Post by Razhak » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 am

As advise on DS:

Come atleast marginally prepared: have a skin of blood, some food, 1-2 draughts. Try to wear as an abser a basic set with some 75+ abs.
- skins load on butchers
- meat can be found on floor in southern twin keep in gatekeep, or bought at butchers and grocers
- draughts load on most smobs, if you are out: look in barrel TKD, ram and desk in GK or 1w of shadowking in Ruined City
- abs is easy to get, ask on nars for some assistance (dont ask for eq.. i hate people who ask for eq. I love people who ask for assistance though.. give a man a fish and he eats a day, give him a fishing rod and he eats always?)

Come prepared to listen: especially as a newbie abs trolloc, be prepared to listen. This I mean both as you trying to see the eb and flow of PK on nars, but also listen to instructions. Especially if a fade is leading, there will be an experienced pker at the helm. He will tell you what to do, to flee, to block, to bash. It can help if you tell the group leader that you are new to this pk thing, he might keep it in mind :P.

Dont be afraid to ask: ask for clarification if you dont understand. Also ask after pk if there is anything you can do better. You might get some insights. The other day I took Conejita through blight because I noticed she had problems escaping from certain areas, so I took her through them and gave her some advice.

Dont be afraid to die: see first point, as an abs trolloc you can re-eq easily.

Try to learn zones up north. At first the zones north of FD, east of granlin, west of LS and east of SH should be sufficient for being efficient at PK. Try to look for the tips and tricks of those of us who have been there for a decade.. or 2. Ask why it is sometimes better to take a longer detour, why sometimes it is better to cut through temple in DF instead of straight up the rotten ground route, etc, etc.

Learn bash timing.

Have a normal name.. Or else get stuck with nickname slike Diarrhoea of V-guy (V-guy rocked though!)

Join exping parties and smob groups: you will get known to the DSers in charge, you will get your name out there, people will help you more easily if you have helped them in the past.

Dont be obnoxious about your alts. So what if you got a big LSer. We dont care.

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Khahliana wrote:
Kathala wrote:If you have a client like zmud or cmud, where you can spam through your map while you're offline, you can also practice spams, which is useful during downtime or when you only have a few mins spare.
This makes learning what the area "feels" like infinitely easier, and you can practice with the map visible or invisible.
This is how I learned north ok just before clanning Lancers on Ashlee. It is INCREDIBLY helpful and is less stressful than doing it live.

I dont play much anymore, but like Isabel I am happy to run zone tests and bashing mechanics with you. Hit me up if you’re around

isabel

Post by isabel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:24 am

I keep dying
And not in a cool Jestin way

:(