Weapon Guilds

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Rajis

Weapon Guilds

Post by Rajis » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Is there a reason you can only craft at a normal weapon's guild once per boot? I can understand the Katar superior crafting, or maybe now the Sidona crafting (haven't looked into that at all) but it seems like once per boot is not very much for a normal weapons guild that doesn't give unique or rare weapons (and sometimes gives you a crappy one). It seems like we should be able to craft once per pop or something like that. Smob groups can get the same or better weapons once a pop, even more, if they move around quickly. From the bit I've talked with people most don't use this aspect of the game and I wonder if this is why.

Elysia

Re: Weapon Guilds

Post by Elysia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 am

Even smobs don't load any good weapon on 100%. By limiting the amount one can craft to once per boot, we prevent a sudden huge influx, which would also have effects on smobbing. A solo activity should not have a huge yield without some compromise elsewhere.

Rajis

Post by Rajis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:22 am

I guess I can see that. It just seems like a lot of work for the trip. But I imagine there's probably not a way to make it happen twice a boot or something. Or being able to join multiple guilds so you can craft one club a day and one axe a day or something.

Kerryk

Post by Kerryk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm

The larger issue here I think is that the crafting guilds have not been updated to relevant weapon selections since before the last two major weapon updates.