CMud troubles

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Livae

CMud troubles

Post by Livae » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 am

I need to work out how to
Use my weaves like armor and strength.
I try to use my aliases like arm or str on myself and others with no success.

It just said cast on who etc...is it a variable or trigger and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

deimoslazy2login

Re: CMud troubles

Post by deimoslazy2login » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:57 am

#ALIAS {arm} {channel 'armor' %1}
#ALIAS {str} {channel 'strength' %1}

deimos

Post by deimos » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:07 am

To elaborate a little bit, you can use a variable if you like. The 'target' variable, for example.

#CLASS {weavetargetexample} <-- creates the class
#VAR target {none} {none} <-- creates the variable and sets the defaults to 'none.' kill none, so to speak.
#ALIAS tar {target = %1;#ECHO Target Set: %1} <-- alias to set value of the target variable, echo's back to you.
#ALIAS arm {channel 'armor' %1} <-- alias to channel armor on whatever you type after: 'arm livae' would give you channel 'armor' livae
#ALIAS str {channel 'strength' %1} <-- same thing but with strength. 'str deimos'
#alias j {kill @target} <-- alias to kill whatever value is stored in the target variable
#alias armt {channel 'armor' @target} <-- alias that will channel armor on your 'target'
#CLASS 0 <-- ends the class, tells cmud there's nothing left to read for that class

Livae

Post by Livae » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:25 am

demios if this works, i might have your furry trolloc babys :P
I have been tearing my hair out..

Livae

Post by Livae » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 am

It worked, thank you so so so much Deimos.
Not that I am a df, but thank you:)

deimos

Post by deimos » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:55 am

Quite welcome, I shall contact you to discuss the name of our first born.. I lean towards something exotic like.. Daemion or Be'lal!, we could nickname him 'Sequel' :twisted:

Livae

Post by Livae » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:23 am

Oh sqe sounds so cute...

Livae

Post by Livae » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:45 pm

I will post this here, rather than clutter with new threads.

I am not sure if its Cmud or my laptop, as my router is fine and I've updated my internal network card etc.
Just experiencing a spate of rather embarrassing deaths, yes some are my fault for bad flees in PK shakes. Others are bad flee lag build up or just LD or freezing issues.

I know all is fair in love and PK, just don't like feeling like an idiot when the figure in the CoL knows my usual and has a place all ready for me..

Livae

Post by Livae » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Seems ok, apart from weaving in group PK. It takes a long time to go off and then I think did I weave? So I weave again and hence the cancel message.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:37 am

Must confess my status weave scripts for TinTin++ had two variants a two letter code for the version to cast on a Friend or Foe and a three letter code ending in "m" to cast it on myself. This had the advantage that the weave success & controllable-source-release / failure & controllable-retry detection triggers could be tweaked for differences in the message when cast upon oneself or others.