Re: War System Affiliates

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Sorry if this was answered but I don't have access to the war subforum - what are we defining "affiliate" as? Just so I know what I'm doing in the next round of wars.

For example I was a bit surprised to discover I was considered an affiliate in the last round of wars with Tear v CoL. I wasn't really asked what happened and am unaware of what discussion took place but I bet no CoL mentioned that while I attacked the Whitecloak first, said Whitecloak was running a no hide stab on me, as he is wont to do (also confirmed later, joking that one of these days it'll go off successfully). I've learned it is asking for trouble to sit there waiting for them to make the first move, especially given my low HP which means a stab is typically a one shot on me. I then decided to leave, at which point they attacked me on the way to the palisade gate a couple times. I fled off each time until finally getting killed. Didn't try to weave or anything other than run away. Had I realized this would count as affiliated, I would have at least gone to mobs or stayed in the square.

Not really a big deal as my 10 points weren't going to swing anything anyway, but again just so I know what I'm doing next time.

Is being in a city under attack good enough to be considered affiliated? The war ended soon after but hypothetically could they then kill me or other Aes Sedai outside of Tear and count those scalps for war points - or does "affiliated" mean for just me individually and not my clan? Also, what if after that I kill a CoL outside of Tear - should I return the scalp to Tear for their war score instead of keeping it? Seems like it would be impolite not to... ? But I kind of don't like the obligation that arises there. Yes, CoL and Tower are hostile, but I don't think that Tower's presence in a city/country they are attacking should automatically mean that Tower is affiliated in a war against that city/country... CoL and Tower are hostile for reasons other than a war on a 3rd party.
Last edited by Reyne on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:53 pm

I think they should rename the imm post "war mess extra work 3.0"

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Reyne wrote:while I attacked the Whitecloak first, said Whitecloak was running a no hide stab on me,
You came to Tear while they were there, then you actively engaged, so you defended Tear. No-hide stabs don't have a very high % of landing, so had you let him brick and died after, your scalp would not have counted.

@Pe, it might be a headache, but at this point we're just running different scenarios and seeing which is the most fun and ideally the least headachey. So far, I preferred 1.0, but who knows. Have to keep an open mind, just in case I'm wrong.

It will probably never be perfect, but that is because if we ask players to become official affiliates, they will simply not in order not to count, while still passing on any scalps they gained. Ergo I have to judge the situation by how players behaved.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Elysia wrote:if we ask players to become official affiliates, they will simply not in order not to count, while still passing on any scalps they gained. Ergo I have to judge the situation by how players behaved.
Fair enough, I didn't consider that.

Alright well now I'll know for next time!

Anor

Post by Anor » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 pm

It didn't help that you were the 4th Aes Sedai to attack us during war fighting.