How important is INT on a trolloc rogue?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Puddles

How important is INT on a trolloc rogue?

Post by Puddles » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:48 pm

The last week I have been working a ton so I haven't had much time to mud. Since I can't play I read logs and think about game play. I also have been considering rolling another rogue. Puddles is a 18 4 12 19 17. My practices are tight but all trolloc practices are tight so I decided to figure out just how many pracs I would save by getting a higher INT stat.

and I was surprised

according the prac trainer rogue prac % is determined only by INT and DEX. Hunter prac % is determined by STR, INT, WIL, and DEX. Warrior prac % is determined by STR, DEX, and CON.

The highest INT stat a Trolloc Rogue can have (according to homelands wiki) is 12.
with a 12 INT and 19 DEX rogue it takes 12 pracs to reach 93% and 18 to reach 99% in rogue skills. Turns out with 4 INT and 19 dex it takes 12 pracs to reach 93% and 18 to reach 99% in rogue skills.

So INT makes no difference in any rogue skill that is practiced to 93% or above which most skills are on a rogue.

Where I do feel the pain is hunter pracs. Beginning prac is 13% which means that in order to track I have to prac it twice as 14% is the minimum for level 1 track. The same goes for survival and search I imagine.

So in my opinion when stating the determining factor should be do these stats get at least 14% hunter pracs on whether or not to play or re roll. But in reality the difference is not so great as I thought it would be.

Eol

Re: How important is INT on a trolloc rogue?

Post by Eol » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:56 pm

There's an article I wrote on the wiki showing how each of the practice percentage trees functions. You can see the relevance of moving between each path. It shows for example why 16 str bumping an FC from the warrior 14 to 15% matters or the difference a 17 int warrior receives.

Ultimately, there are some moves that matter more than others. A big human practice win is to be a warrior in a clan who picks up a relevant Hunter practice. Or to be a Ghar Hunter with bash though your warrior brothers will make you eat crow daily.

Puddles

Post by Puddles » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 pm

I can't believe that I hadn't seen that article on practice %. I didn't really know to look for it until you mentioned it. Its really helps to understand what to shoot for when stating or re-rolling.

As I was writing the post I was thinking surely there is a flaw in my testing and someone will point it out to me, but your chart shows the same findings. I was considering rolling a new troll rogue but now I think puddles stats aren't just playable they are pretty good. Yes I don't get level 1 hunter skills with first practice but the 12 wil trade off is worth it. My current setup is to just not get search or track and 88 notice (I would stop at 87 if I had 14% start). With that setup I only use 2 more pracs in hunter skills which I would probably just use for track on a 14% rogue.

The only other difference is a couple % points in attack and sneak not really enough to say that these stats are unplayable. When I stated I asked around about the stats and the general consensus was to re-roll. I am glad that I didn't.

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am

trying to find this...wotmud wiki? what do I search for? tried practice % and practice trees

Terinor

Post by Terinor » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:08 am

I just search wotmud wiki track etc etc