New player end game question and others

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Rig

Re: New player end game question and others

Post by Rig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:58 am

If you still have the license key for Zmud/Cmud, i'd recommend using that and downloading the map from lyren.me as others have said.

To begin, using "tell guardian prerolled stats" as a beginner warrior character on LS is the best option. Take a look at some of the clans and find a simple/active clan (Red Eagles/Legion of Unity for example) and find one that you're interested in. Most of them are generally open to newbies and helping them.

Once you've set your foot on LS and have some of the basics down you can start learning pk. The best way to do this is to stat a boarheaded trolloc warrior on DS for very easy 19 str and 19 con stats. From there it'll most likely be easier to exp to around lvl 30, where you can talk to someone with the [Ghar'ghael Master] tag and see about clanning and the requirements.

You will learn the most about pk and zones on DS, because it's generally easier to reacquire gear after you die and the side as a whole is much more helpful.

If you have any more questions or need help exping/learning zones you can pm me and I can set up a time where I'll be around to help you.

Kelron

Post by Kelron » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Wow thanks for all the great info guys :D. I am not sure what statting is unless your talking about how you can use the npc to roll your stats or whatever that I read at I think level 3? Or does statting just mean leveling here?

Also yesterday I was trying to figure out my cmud information, and I apparently lost it. That was years ago, and I even used a different email back then and I have no clue how to get the information I need. I don't want to buy it again since he stopped supporting it, and so I guess cmud is out. I am stuck on mudlet, but I see a few threads with scripts for mapping so I am going to give that a shot.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Statting is what you do to get stats. You kill some mobs (saplings/deer) until you reach lvl 3 and type stat. If you don't get something that's relatively playable, you type 'restat' and it sets you back to level 1 and you start the process over. Since Statting can be brutal, that's why I recommend using "tell guardian prerolled stats" at level 3 on LS.

It's possible someone might also have a crack for Zmud/Cmud for you, but I'm not sure about that. Mudlet is definitely usable for now anyway.

iria

Post by iria » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

statting is when you are "hunting" for stats. At level 3 you get a set of physical/mental stats. It is all random and can take a while to get something you are satisfied with. Depending on what setup you would like to play you want different stats.

As someone in abs/tank, you'd like as high str and as high con as possible, the other stats aren't as important. For someone who wants to play combo(a combination of abs and defense) you'd like a mix of high str/dex/con, and for someone who wants to play pure dodge(no abs, focus on DB, dodge bonus,) you want as high dex as possible. Generally easiest to learn the game on an abs warrior, as it is easier to put a set of equipment together compared to people in combo/dodge.

I believe there is also the option of choosing prerolledstats from the getgo, the game will assign you some set stats depending on what class you are, they are usually not super good, but decent enough to learn on and you can stat a new character later on.

I'd recommend joining one of the south eastern clans, Defenders of the stone/Mayene Winged Guard/ Illian companions to learn the basics of the mud, but if you are already familiar with muds and the PK mechanics are similar to other muds you've played you might not need as much help in that regard. I personally started in the SE and loved every minute of it.
Last edited by iria on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelron

Post by Kelron » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Alright thanks Rig! If anyone can help with the mud client let me know via PM or something :D.

Amilyndra

Post by Amilyndra » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:57 pm

zmud is still free, yes?

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Can help with anything mudlet related. PM me, though I may be slow replying over the next couple weeks because of irl responsibilities.

Rakashasa

Post by Rakashasa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:54 pm

zmud 3.62 is still free. always has been, but it won't help you with the mapping part.

zmud 7.21 has a crack somewhere, and i used that until i bought it for the 30 bucks 15ish years ago. Still use zMUD 7.21.

In my opinion, it's still the best one out there.

We also have a wiki that slots of people work on, it has some good info (I've linked to the Prerolled Stats Page):

http://wotmud.wikia.com/wiki/Prerolled_stats

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:28 pm

come talk to me ill help ya out with zmud and stuff

Kelron

Post by Kelron » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Alright so I got Zmud 7.21 working finally! Took a while to find the crack, but then realized it was on this site in the archives lol. Then I ran into compatibility issues, but setting it to windows xp mode worked. So I tried using Vyo's map and downloaded it, and just made a new folder for wotmud and put it there. I loaded the map in game, and tried to "look" so it would set to where I am, but nothing happens. I am unfamiliar with how this works since it's been so long lol. Is there a good guide somewhere to get this working? I don't see any posts related to zmud and setting it up, and only see posts about mudlet.