Can Anyone Explain this?

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
milian

Can Anyone Explain this?

Post by milian » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:38 pm

*Sarryn* clambers to his feet.
Graeme narrates 'tarn beaten'

* R HP:Beaten MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten >
Graeme strikes *Tarn*'s body hard.
*Tarn* scythes your body extremely hard.
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

*MacRoth* pierces Hendrik's body very hard.
Hendrik tries to pierce *MacRoth*, but he parries successfully.
*MacRoth* tries to pierce Hendrik, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten > You intercept *Sarryn*'s attack on your mount.
*Sarryn* lances your body very hard.

You are interrupted and stop what you are doing.
You can't ride in there.
[bash ]
Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten > 9
e
e
[flee ]
Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten > Maybe you should get on your feet first?

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten >

This is the second time this has happened to me and I am unsure what triggers this (I assume something to do with autowimpy and maybe no ride) and what I do in this situation?

Elodin

Re: Can Anyone Explain this?

Post by Elodin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 pm

It happens sometimes with horsebash, too. Or maybe that got fixed when it got changed so if you begin your flee before horse is bashed, the flee still goes through. It is basically when you attempt to flee while bashed but for various reasons, the flee is canceled - due to (previously) horsebash and (still) no-rides or a door being open when the flee begins then closing before it completes. Again, only applies if you are bashed. Then, from the code's view, you are still sitting (though the stunned effect ends) and the flee didn't actually go through so you're essentially just sitting on your bum in the original room.

Regardless, type "stand" and then flee. I know, easier said than done during the action, but yeah.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:07 pm

No horses were bashed in the making of this log.

It happens outside of horsebash too, has happened to me a few times. Also, stand doesn't work either :/

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Just one of those silly things. It's because of the no rides I believe 1n and 1s of you. Terrible place to fight at any rate not sure what ya dudes were doing :p And dam you Graeme for getting away low.. I think I passed ya to but no one was spamming le sigh. Almost got the double rareage.

Ps. Also I believe you had just gotten bashed by Tarn right before this. I think the deal was your bashed auto wimpy kicks in, but stuck in between two no rides. Thus your flee get's canceled etc. I dunno I think it seems a bit buggy myself always have. Kind of like that door closing junk when you have already begun to flee, quite annoying.

milian

Post by milian » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 am

The type stand thing doesn't work. It was the first thing I did last time this happened and even the stand command,ironically, gave me the 'maybe should be on feet' message. Felt like a harsh way to lose something nice. Just want to learn what to do.

Elodin

Post by Elodin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 am

Funny, it's worked fine for years - if aow were archived, you could find plenty of examples. Have a log?

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:04 am

I can't remember the stand command ever working in this situation :(

I've died a handful of times like this, and am generally a composed pk'er, and everytime you just have to hope you don't die until you're 'standing' again..

Thuvia

Post by Thuvia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:15 am

Elodin wrote:Funny, it's worked fine for years - if aow were archived, you could find plenty of examples. Have a log?
Technically it still is archived, but not viewable. Before Flash or whoever changed wotmud.org's robots.txt file, the Wayback Machine had years of good stuff from the forums. It is all still there, and could be made viewable with a specific exception to said file, but right now it's all hidden from us, sadly.

Any chance we can get that fixed? There is a wealth of past resources on there that would benefit us all.

milian

Post by milian » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:00 pm

I wont be near my laptop for while but I'll have a look for it when I get on.

Isaah

Post by Isaah » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:55 pm

*Sarryn* clambers to his feet.
Graeme narrates 'tarn beaten'

* R HP:Beaten MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten >
Graeme strikes *Tarn*'s body hard.
*Tarn* scythes your body extremely hard.

*MacRoth* pierces Hendrik's body very hard.
*MacRoth* tries to pierce Hendrik, but he parries successfully.

* R HP:Critical MV:Fresh - Tarn: Beaten > You intercept *Sarryn*'s attack on your mount.
*Sarryn* lances your body very hard.
He's standing up from a missed bash, and then you're intercepting an attack on your mount one bash timer later, it looks like he's disengaged bashing your horse, probably unintentionally due to using mount targeting to get on you specifically because of face-off.