Wotmud Map - Combined

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Octavio

Wotmud Map - Combined

Post by Octavio » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 pm

OK, here is the combined map. Everything to date is on it. It looks busy but everything is in the same place as the individual maps.

Lots of items to fill in, lots of items missing, items are even wrong. Help me make the map better and post fixes here. Any changes to the map will be noted in the thread and the link in this post will be replaced.

Combined map posted here: https://i.imgur.com/tGUzpt2.jpg

Also, feedback is appreciated as well :p
Last edited by Octavio on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taziar

Re: Wotmud Map - Combined

Post by Taziar » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:34 pm

What program are you using to make these maps Octavio?

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:31 am

Looks fantastic, thanks!

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 am

Thanks Reyne.
Taziar - I started out using Adobe Illustrator but switched to Omnigraffle, both on a Mac. It had a few features that I liked for this project.

I started out my taking the zmud map and just laying out the zones. It was interesting to see how they all naturally fit together. There were a few instances where the exit arrows linking the next zone was not a perfect directional fit, but overall this is how it seems to lay out. I did take some artistic license with the "Along the Spine of the World" zone only because this is how I always saw this zone in my mind. I was disappointed that it never connected to Stedding Shangtai to make a nice pathway. In the DS zone I was surprised to see that "The Blight" or "Blighted Mountains" never connected to "Blighted Mountain Pass" directly. Another connection that I always thought was there. And I was always lost / never knew existed the entire part of the world around Maradon.

I also think there there should be a few more methods to shift people from the EF/Amador/Tanchio/Falme area to Maradon / Far Dara area. Visualizing this route I can see an automatic boat going from Maradon-Falme-Tanchio-Amador-Illian-Mayne-Fal Dara, then back in reverse order. Circling the outskirts of the world and touching places in the world that do not usually see a lot of traffic.

Just thoughts.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:18 pm

I have added a new combined map .jpg with the Illian to Tear road areas on it. Plus there are a few other small changes to it. Link at top of thread. It's easier to see if you just download it and then zoom in to the areas you want to see.