Rule change

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Billina

Rule change

Post by Billina » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Also please note, that the minute you hide something it is fair game to anyone who may uncover it. You cannot lay claim to it, especially as another character. You no longer own it.

I hid something to move it to another character and during the 5 minutes I was forced by the game rules to log out someone stole it. Right now I am pissed about this, mostly because the only reason I was moving money from one player to another was to help the very northern PK players that stole it from me.

I get what the rule is, and I am sure that the person who kept telling me about this rule over and over again was the very person who stole it from me. Also the same person who threatened to kill me as well as warrant me. (Seems a lot if you truly didn;t take the money). At the end of the day it is only money, I can get more of that. To me the more important part of this thread is that there is no mechanism for one player to move something to another alt.

So, call this a whiny thread, I don't care. I would like the imms to address a way that a player does not get screwed over or is 100% dependant on the trust of another player in the game. Because from where I am sitting you cannot trust any player in this game.

Rig

Re: Rule change

Post by Rig » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

I will be hiding all of my rares and other equipment alle of ragan orchard. Anyone caught stealing my stuff will be subject to Immortal punishment.

Billina

Post by Billina » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:36 pm

I did not ask for punishment. I asked for a rule change. Nice try.

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm

I will be hiding all of my rares and other equipment alle of ragan orchard. The rule is you can't steal it, because that's my designated spot. Anyone caught will be bitched at mercilessly by me, because I earned this equipment and laid my claim to it.

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 pm

But really, this is a stupid post. It doesn't make sense. If I am wandering around with notice on and see 20 gold crowns are hidden Agelmar, I better not pick it up! I'll be breaking the rules! Probably zapped and banned for stealing such a fortune honestly.

Billina

Post by Billina » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:44 pm

It was in a pack and was hidden. Someone emptied the pack and then rehid the empty pack. They knew exactly what they were doing and that this was an alt exchange.

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 pm

It's been this way forever, and I doubt they will implement some inter-character vault. Hide them in either no-loc room, in stationary containers (chests/racks/barrels which used to make the items no-loc), way out of the way, or just ask someone to hold it.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Maegon wrote:It's been this way forever, and I doubt they will implement some inter-character vault.
I have actually tried to work on that, but that mobol was super huge and I never managed to find a way to keep players from using it as a permanent storage room. I mean, sure, I could have it not save, meaning if it crashes, it's gone. But then I suspect people wouldn't pay for the service, or that would be a problem.

One of those things that are harder to do than they seem.

Madin

Post by Madin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 pm

I used to just give it to a mob I could kill in a closed pack, or like people said, hide it somewhere out of the way, and when people aren't in zone. People will sometimes see you in a weird room and then log off, and go loot what you hid.

Billina

Post by Billina » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Elysia wrote:
Maegon wrote:It's been this way forever, and I doubt they will implement some inter-character vault.
I have actually tried to work on that, but that mobol was super huge and I never managed to find a way to keep players from using it as a permanent storage room. I mean, sure, I could have it not save, meaning if it crashes, it's gone. But then I suspect people wouldn't pay for the service, or that would be a problem.

One of those things that are harder to do than they seem.
Well in this case I lost 5000 copper to a thief. Took me a long time to get it and it's gone because there is no way to either allow two alts to log in at the same time or a mechanism to allow transfers. Thanks Elysia for showing me the difficulties in solving this issue.

I have the names of those that were in the area and as I continue to play the game will remember them in one way or another. As I said earlier it just pisses me off because I was transferring it to the alt to help them out in northern PK. Should just play the game for myself at all times but I am not that type of person. Shame that others are.