Rule change

... A place to ask for help on any topic whether it be starting out to player killing to IT issues.
Raeza

Re: Rule change

Post by Raeza » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:07 pm

I have no idea who you are, and I certainly didn't steal your coppers. I rode up to FD from TV and was being called a thief on chats a minute later.

I would probably have a lot more sympathy for you if you hadn't decided to handle the situation the way you did, i.e. by declaring on chats that one of the 6 people currently in FD must have taken your things in the last 5 minutes (because apparently it takes more than 5 minutes to leave FD or rent?), and that you would be considering all of us thieves in perpetuity as a result (even though at most one of us actually took it). Surely you can see how illogical this is. If you had just asked for help (rather than labelling everyone a thief by virtue of being in a zone), it is likely that at least a subset of the people in FD would have helped you recoup the gold you lost or would have given you a good set of equipment to make up for it.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 pm

One person took your gold and that sucks; but it was just one person, not every player in the game. Personally I wouldn't wreck my RP to steal and lie over 250 gold (wasn't there but just saying).

If you like I can give you some gold if you see me on, or we can smob together or something. 250 gold isn't nothing but it's fairly easy to get back when you know how, too.
Last edited by Reyne on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 pm

I remember the first time I had an ebony short blade and an ivory stiletto at the same time, was so excited, and then in a blurrry moment of red text it was all gone. Gear and coins come and go and if this experience doesn’t completely turn you off to the game you will look back years later and laugh about it. Ask a clanned member to hold something while you alt, or use any of the great examples given above.

The first time I hid earthen breeches south of Caemlyn and it crashed... I was furious :p (1999 or so)

Brione Furcas

Post by Brione Furcas » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm

It was meeeeee.

*rolls in coppers*

Xylan

Post by Xylan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi friend, see me in-game.

Billina

Post by Billina » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Some good commments here, I appreciate and will absorb them all. As to the player who said they were not up there, I asked multiple times who took the money and no one in the area said they did not. A negative does not prove a positive but everyone in that area had an opportunity to say they did not take it. Everyone in that area had an opportunity to say that sucks. Everyone in that area had an opportunity to say basically anything except many of them, especially one of them, choose to tell me that was the "rule" That they were "allowed" to take anything they found. Even if they knew it was an alt transfer. It was an opportunistic theft. Again, that seems like the game and the game never changes.

Elysia on your comment I was thinking. Does the banker mobel have room to act as a transfer station for money. For example player 1 can issue a command to transfer money to player 2. Once issued the money leaves the originator (player 1) and automatically gets deposited into the receivers (Player 2) account, if there is enough room. Just a thought I had regarding the money transfer issue.

Weir

Post by Weir » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:13 pm

I think the bank is entirely hard-coded.

Yes, it sucks to lose things, but think of it this way. If the game had crashed, where would you be? In exactly the same position. Hiding anything to alt it to another character is an inherent risk that you are accepting when you hide it. It sucks when it crashes, or someone finds it, but the best you can hope for in the second situation is to ask nicely and someone returns it. Complaining at everyone there or whining about the situation, etc., won't ever do you any good. Just accept that the risk didn't pay off, ask nicely, and be glad if someone returned it. The better option always in this situation is to find someone you believe you can trust and ask them to hold it for you (provided you are ok with them learning your alts), otherwise take the risk.

Khahliana

Post by Khahliana » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Billina wrote:I asked multiple times... no one in the area said... Everyone in that area had an opportunity to say... many of them, especially one of them, choose to tell me that was the "rule"...
Asking about things on chats or narrates doesn't require anyone to respond at all, either positive or negative. It does get frustrating when you ask about something and all you get is silence, but to me that generally means no one has any knowledge of what occurred and the person who does prefers to remain silent. I shrug.

As to suspecting certain people who quote the rules at you, as someone who normally tries to assist players in these sorts of situations, one of the first things I would tell them was that there was no rule against taking hidden things and doing such things is entirely at your own risk. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 pm

I wasn’t even reading chats as we had just gotten out of pk and we were splitting scalps and re equipping the dead. I don’t read chats when pk is happening or right after generally. Next thing I know I’m being accused of stealing something.

Who in their right mind would throw away 10 years of RP, and in my case literally being clanned, for 250 gold? You then went on accusing people and trying to name and shame while on a level 12 character no one knows. Of course that wasn’t taken well. We had no clue what you were talking about. What did you want us to say?

Let’s be honest, 250 gold is enough to H/H one weapon. I’m glad you thought you were coming up to support the north with that, but I’m not sure what you thought you were going to do with it. I do know I’m not going to let someone just talk trash though. That’s not a good way to get my help.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 pm

We should count ourselves lucky that we can even "alt" things to begin with. Any previous mud I played in the past this would get both your chars deleted if caught.