CLIENT: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

The place with help files for new players, weapon and equipment stats and other pertinent information for players of all levels and experience.
Janers

Re: Dump of mudlet related things for y'all

Post by Janers » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:24 am

I also made an updated version of the statting script that was posted here earlier. I think by Meren --> Meren, thnx for the groundwork ;).

Stat is slightly improved in that it (also) disengagages on stat, manages lanterns a bit better (if you keep them all in a pouch), and stores all your stats to a text file.

Also make certain you hold an oilstone/sandstone. The script will automatically try to mend claymore/staffs/mattocks. You can add your weapon of choice of course in the triggers.

You can dowload it here (mpackage) -->
https://github.com/yaldair/WoTMUD/raw/m ... g.mpackage

Make certain you update the filelocation in the Restat triggers.

There are also two aliases, enablestat and disablestat which enablse and disables the stat-script quickly.

I only made quick changes to the original stat-script, but for me it worked. Hope it proves useful.

Kind regards,
Janers

Meren

Post by Meren » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Janers wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:24 am
I think by Meren --> Meren, thnx for the groundwork ;).
Original was Atkins, can't take the credit!

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Added a missing room from RK Maze to the map. ("map update")
Added zone info to the map display window (similar to how I did door info recently) so that it's easier to know where a room is if you findroom xxx, rather than having to rely on memory and knowledge of the shape of the surrounding area. ("wotpack install mapper")
Altered rat/raven reports so that the clickable roomname links act closer to the findroom xxx command. This mostly just means that if the roomname is unique, it will still center on that room, but if it's not unique it will spit out a list of all rooms that match that name. Thanks to Stanislav for the suggestion. ("wotpack install communications")

kai

Post by kai » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 am

Hrmm have any updates been made to the storage script?

Currently you can't type li in any room that isn't a rent - in any part of your string.

Also I can't figure out, does this get put into a useable/readable file anywhere? I was able to find the db file but didn't know what to open it with

Janers

Post by Janers » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:25 am

kai wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 am
Hrmm have any updates been made to the storage script?

Currently you can't type li in any room that isn't a rent - in any part of your string.

Also I can't figure out, does this get put into a useable/readable file anywhere? I was able to find the db file but didn't know what to open it with

I made an alias that replaces li/lis/list with a list command. It basically tells the db to clear all items stored for that room, and then to send "list" to the MUD. So unless you use li/lis/list for something else, it should work.

I had the issue it would not allow "listen all' but corrected that (before I uploaded the script) by making sure the command is really li/lis/list and not anything else. I don't have issues typing list in any other room.

The database is an sql database. You can open it with, for example: https://sqlitebrowser.org/

for completeness sake. The alias is called "replace list command"
syntax:

Code: Select all

(?:^|\W)li(?:$|\W)|(?:^|\W)lis(?:$|\W)|(?:^|\W)^list(?:$|\W)

and code:

Code: Select all

- this alias replaces the list command and ensures that when we send list, the database is emptied for the current room (this so that we can refill it afterwards with the current state)

-- firs we delete everything that's stored, so we always have an up to date list.
local myinn = db:get_database("inndatabase")
db:delete(myinn.Storage, db:eq(myinn.Storage.inn, getRoomName(getPlayerRoom())))
send('list')

If you have something else as syntax in the alias, then maybe I remembered wrongly and you could update it to this.

may72

Post by may72 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:36 pm

This resource looks fantastic, however when i download and install the package 'wotpack_installer.mpackage' it briefly says unpacking, but doesn't install. Anyone got any ideas what i am doing wrong?

I am going to toolbox, then installing from there. Using mudlet 4.12

EDIT, running as administrator fixed it, must have been a permission issue.

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Updated the triggers for the tic timer to remove some extraneous ones floating around related to weather and status weaves which generally throw things off. Also added in some more zone emote triggers for day/night etc.
"wotpack install tic timer" should pull the changes for you.

Cheers! :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Added two new triggers to properly account for movement failure with the mapper. Very minor edge cases, but possibly things that influence the times when the mapper doesn't remove commands properly and breaks the door functionality (requiring people to "resetqueue").

"wotpack install mapper" or "wotpack install mapper triggers" should fix you up :)

Adael

Post by Adael » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Posted an updated map with the changes to the Far Madding shoreline (looks like just a ton of room removals). Rearranged a lot of rooms from there down south to Illian just to keep things aesthetically pleasing to me and to satisfy my OCDness :P (nothing that should be majorly noticeable though really)

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Updated the mapper script to fix a small bug where room exits did not properly display in offline mode.
EDIT: updated the script once more, to allow your position to be found if you have been hurricaned or fireworked and are blind. It uses the info from the last zone you were in to generate a list of possible rooms, and narrows those possibilities down based on your movements.

Added labels for portal stones and CTF patrols to the map.
EDIT: updated the map once more. Added the BE smelter, and the EF trade room (courtesy of Isktamost for providing me with the name/description of this room :))

I also added some rooms in the Stone of Tear to the map. It's a cool zone, if anyone has logs of more of the inside from the raid during the Saniago Torres questline last year, I'd be willing to shell out a fair few gold crowns for such logs so I can add more rooms :)